Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
moonstonemama

P4W14

Unreleased blend, no notes or description given

In the bottle: tangy fruits with a little bit of vanilla

Wet: Smells kind of like sweet tarts with very sharp sort of medicinal overtone. There is something that smells reminiscent of latex gloves.

Dry/15 minutes later: This now smells a lot like strawberry shortcake. It's sweet, gentle, creamy. There's a nice strawberry scent that's playing Ring Around The Rosy with a creamy vanilla cake.

This is a lovely summer scent.

edit: spellcheck is my friend

Edited by MoonstoneMama

Okay... maybe I'm odd but I don't think I got the strawberry, unless it was there for like one hot minute. On application, this was a buttery, apple spice like cake. It kinda reminded me of Fearful Pleasure, but more akin to Mabon. Honestly, what it brings to mind is some sort of apple/honey spice cake that you'd use during Mabon. It's that kind of blend. Definitely has a 'Weenie/Autumn feel to it.

I sort of wish I had gotten strawberry shortcake... but I'm not complaining about what showed up! :yum:

I got many things from the first sniff of this....sour, tang, spice, slight sweet sandalwood? Then later I thought I detected traces of nutmeg, ginger, and finally...a good bourbon vanilla. It's a foodie alright.

straight sniff from imp is cinnamon...

once applied, bubblegum...with red, hot cinnaomon and that lovely powdery shit they

used to put on bubblegum when i was a kid....sooooooooooooooooo

friggin yummy.... great throw.... i am needing this bottle... hey TE...wanna swap???? :lol:

Wow, the few reviews are all over the place for this one!

Sniffed: Colourless or nearly colourless pale yellow oil. Sweet, foody, and maybe mildly spicy. It smells autumnal, like apple or pear and some mulling spices, but there's also a richer creamy note below, like vanilla custard or pudding. Reminds me vaguely of the Perilous Parlour.

Wet: Oh, I know what the spice is - ginger! A pretty spicy-hot, dry, powdered ginger. I still get the sweet pear note, it's sort of syrupy and baked totally the pear note from PP. The vanilla is starting to a go a little plastic on me, though, and some cinnamon is coming out, giving a Red Hots feel.

Dry: This fades A LOT, and the spices calm down after their initial flare - though a soft powdery ginger note remains. Maybe the cinnamon was actually cassia, because I get a vague Morocco vibe. Fruit pretty much gone.

Summary: The light sugar-cake after the spices recede reminds me of Droian - possibly there is tea, but definitely it's the same 'sugared' note. Nearly all the fruit has dissipated after a couple hours, so it's vaguely gingered sugar. Low throw and fades rapidly.

I'm not so impressed. :\

From application all the way through drydown, this smells like Christmas (though the drydown gets a little fruitier). Spices, but nothing in particular, some fruity sweetness but not particularly sweet, and no specific fruits.

I would like this as a home scent in winter, but it's not something I'd wear.

Mmmmm! Cinnamony? Spicy! Yum!! Smells the same from the decant to the skin.

This one reminds me of Christmas. I think there might also be something like............. cranberries? Pretty good actually!

A light apple/wine/harvest scent. Maybe vanilla? A touch sweet but not entirely sugary, so perhaps vanilla over sugar. With apples. And possibly other fruit. A late summer scent, more than a fall one I think, making me think of a late-summer harvest when you can just taste fall in the wind, but summer is still laying warm and heavy on your skin. This is sweet and sparkling without being too bright or at all candylike.

Very pretty and wearable for me, and I am definitely in search of a bottle of this one. I used to hate scents with apple in them, but first it was L'Autnno, the Fearful Pleasure, and now this lovely sugary apple golden scent that has turned me into someone who can [sometimes] wear apple notes.

first sniff, this smelled sour and somewhat fruity. sniffing deeply, that could be cognac or if not, most certainly some sort of wine scent. It's a very light blend, quiet and close to the skin with not a lot of throw. Now the sour wine smell is gone and there's an artifical smooth oily note along with a soft sweet scent, perhaps fake strawberry. now something vaguely floral emerges and blends with the fruity-oily scent.

now after it's been on about 20 minutes or so, this is a sweet, slightly floral, slightly fruity scent that really smells most like sweet powdered sugar candy. it's still a light scent that is unnoticeable unless my nose is pressed straight to my skin.

This smells like holiday spice potpourri on my skin. It makes me think of cinnamon sticks and cider, but more just the cider spices and not really any fruitiness to speak of. It's too spicy for me and made my wrists red and itchy where I applied the oil. I'd use this as a room scent, but not as a personal perfume, though my skin chemistry does amp up spice notes...