Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
twilighteyes

Copper v1

Unreleased prototype, no scent description given.

From the bottle, this is a citrus (at first I thought orange, then lemon) and metallic blend.

On my skin, the citrus comes to the fore and is very tart. Today I thought lemon, then lime!

Unfortunately it didn't last very long but I also only put on a teeny amount. Will test further with a heavier amount.

This is so very interesting. It starts out smelling very much like tea tree, minerals, metal, with a strong copper orange-colored vibe. It settles into a very interesting earth-citrus. I find it warm and golden, like sunshine on red rock earth in the summertime. There's definitely a base of patchouli in there and I'm willing to bet that this ages beautifully.

Copper starts as a warm, golden metallic blend with a hint of lemon/lime. But as it dries, I get something warmer and I'm guessing it has perhaps some saffron and/or patchouli in it. There's something vaguely savory about this blend, and the 'spicy' part of it makes me think of Chintamani-Dhupa in vibe.

I wish it had kept being metallic, but I agree with the impression of this being like a warm red rock earth/sand.

Huge thanks to the lovely TwilightEyes for picking this up for me at Cobwebs! I love copper, adore the Lab's metallic blends, and was very excited to see this listed.

In bottle: Metallic and - I agree with the reviewers above - almost earthy, with a citrus edge.

On, wet: Sadly, I amp lemon and not in a good way. When first applied, all I get is a blast of Pledge. As it dries, the lemon starts to fade and a much less chemical orange starts to step up, eventually taking over.

On, dry: The barest hint of something metallic, but still almost entirely swallowed up by the citrus, which is now almost entirely orange and oddly slightly sweet. I never get any lime or patchouli or anything else. The extreme drydown is kind of nice, if not what I was hoping for from the blend.

My chemistry does not do this blend any favors at all, but I am very glad to have had the chance to try it. Plus, it's a prototype, which means someday there could be another version that would be more wearable for me. :)

Edited by GreenSpine

I was fortunate to be included in TwilightEyes' prototype circular swap; this was the first one I was keen to skin test from the lot.

Vial: Lemon cake in a metal pan, small amount of musk.

Drydown: Lemon oil, lemongrass, mint, metal.

Early dry: Lemon-oil cleanser, or possibly overstrong lemongrass extract.

Later dry: Lemon oil, sugar, some unidentified colder element.

Srsly like fifteen minutes after that one: MUSK MUSK MUSK lemonish. (Might be MUSK MUSK MUSK PATCHOULI lemonish.)

I really like the sweetened lemon (and, reading above, there could be some lime here that I'm not registering quite right) but I don't think this is something I could wear much. I'd love a version of this with the same citrus note(s), but way more muted.

Edited by wednesday white

Prototype: no scent description.

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Copper I thread, but it clearly says "Copper VI" on the label.

Anyway, thanks to someone BRILLIANT, I got a bottle of this from DD. A couple friends and I sniff-tested it, and here's what we thought:

There's almost an alcohol note in here, like something mixed with ginger ale, along with a citrus and - one of my favorites- black pepper!

I haven't skin-tested this yet (I'm on meds that might change my skin chem), but I'm so excited to.

This blend reminds me really strongly of something - I'm just not sure what. It's great, though.

I get earthy, dirty citrus that is musty and dusty....1 sniff smells really good..the next sniff not so good. This swings and morphs like a fiend! Then it dries and I get pine? vetiver? pine sap? Resin-y. BUt still with touches of citrus

Copper

In the imp: GINGER! No one has mentioned ginger yet? But this smells just like ginger beer!

Wet on skin: fizzy and lemony ginger ale!

Dry on skin: ginger ale. This smells like a perfect summer drink-fizzy, tingly and spicy Jamaican ginger ale, with its contradictory blend of hot spice in a cool drink, topped up with tangy yet sweet lemonade. The ginger that the ale is made from is the real deal-proper roots, maybe a bit of dry ginger powder too but mainly fresh roots. And the lemonade note is very strongly lemony, which I love. I don’t smell metal here. Just ginger beer and lemonade-the best picnic drink.

After a while: still ginger beer. The lemonade has faded a little but the ginger is still as strong as ever. It reminds me of lemony Shub, but lighter and more effervescent. A bit like a blend of white and red gingers with something sweet underneath. I also think I can detect some pepper now. Maybe pink pepper? This is fizzy spice. Still no metal as such but it does evoke the colour and sheen of copper.

Verdict: this to me is the perfect ginger beer scent. it smells like chilling out in the garden on a summer’s day with a glass full of cold ginger beer, which despite being ice cool, has a hot flavour to it from the spice. And this ginger beer is topped up with lemonade. I love both the ginger and lemon notes in here. the ginger smells like real roots, the lemon smells like real lemons, and the scent overall is tingly and effervescent, and a little sweet as well. the scent loses that lemon note over time to become a purer tangy ginger scent with maybe some other spices. but overall, it is ginger beer and lemonade, simple as that. and I love it. I’m not sure if this is the perfect ‘copper’ scent, but I would love something like this to be released one day.

Emoticon rating: :heart:

Is it a keeper? definitely. I love ginger beer!

straight sniff from imp....big lime and ginger...

once applied loaded with da lime and da ginger...eat it all up..... :lol: :lol:

in all serialness...this is a damn fine blend....

would be amazing as a summer footy scrubby for certain ;)

Initial impression: Citrus orange and spice.

After a few minutes dry: Soft metallic citrus. Definite copper tang as wear continues, what a brilliant scent!!

The wear time is very short for me and the throw minimal. :(

Edited by cybra111

Sniffed: Extremely pale yellow oil. Eucalyptus, strongly green and mentholic, with something sweet and sort of fruity below.

Wet: Immediately less eucalyptus, and now I get the lime that was hiding in force. It's juicy and incredible, like the note in Mr. Nancy.

Dry: Dries instantly. This reminds me of Detox - it's pretty simplistic. But I'm liking it loads, it feels very green and fresh.

Later: Virtually all the eucalyptus is gone, and the lime is going a bit Pez-like powdery, as in Detox. Still strong and yummy though, and a little spicy. Now I get the ginger!

Summary: Powdery lime Pez and spicy ginger.

This was an unexpected (and undeserved :blush: ), very generous gift from Green Spine. Thank you so much!!

Imp: It definitely has a sharp tang to it, as copper might. But rather than metallic, I would describe this as a mix of lemon/lime, dirt and woods, super heavy on the lemony tang with dirt and woods barely detectable underneath.

Wet: Super lemony (or is it lime?)….and vetiver, maybe? Still with a dirty note underneath. Its quite sharp, but at the same time, there is something kinda sweet about this, like lemonheads candies and dark green vetiver/dirt. This reminds me quite a bit of some of the TAL blends I’ve tried, though I can’t quite remember which one(s) (gah, don’t you hate when that happens!). I just smells like it has...intent.

Drying: Is there mint in this? Or eucalyptous? I don’t really smell them, but my skin feels kinda cool and tingly where I applied this…The lemon is less sharp now, kind of a creamy lemon cleaner smell now, less dirt (perhaps the lemon is cleaning it up), and still some sort of deep green/herbal/vetiver note, though its much less strong than the lemon.

Mid Dry Phase: FRUIT LOOPS! The sweet/citrus/lemon in here reminds me quite a bit of fruit loops, a la hungry ghost moon's ginger. Maybe this lemon is actually a very lemony ginger? It does almost have a “root-ish” quality to it. I can also smell something piney, or maybe eucalyptous-like in here now. I think the “dirt” I’ve been smelling is actually a patchouli underneath—it starts to resolve itself as patchouli about 20 min in and gets more and more prominent.

Late Dry: Almost all patchouli, a gentle woodsy/earthy type of patchouli, with just a wisp of creamy lemon (ginger?)/eucalyptous around the edges. Lasts 6ish hours, mostly patchouli for the last 2-3.

Overall: So glad I got to give this a test run, and happier still to see that my notes actually match those of some of the previous reviewers! For me, this is too much like a lemon based cleaning solution for me at the beginning, I love the gingery lemony fruit loops phase in the middle, and the patchouli at the end is nice, but just not a “me” scent. I will say that I think this patchouli will age well.

Dirty lemon/lime.

I can get where this has a metallic feel to it from far away, but the upclose just isn't my thing.

In the imp - Diet coke ?? Smells like my step grandmothers house when I was a kid. Diet coke. hardcore.

wet on skin - lol! it has FIZZ for me. still pulling a coke vibe because of that. Yet, I think it is something like ginger, and a little sweet too. Tangy, and a little citrusy. It's... well it's diet coke :rofl:

It's tangy, wet, citrusy, spicey, and just keeps tugging my brain back to diet coke. Maybe even coke ice cream floats? It's enjoyable.

i put some on my wrists today and the general reaction of my body was "omg get it off me now or i will die". i don't know if it's the patchouli i amp or what. but it just smells damp and gross to me. fortunately it doesn't have much throw nor does it last very long.

alas, copper v1. you sadden me. i had such high hopes for you!

Lemony, with a hint of orange, and a drop of clove, and most DEFINITELY tea tree oil. Zingy, herbal, and eye-opening.

A smooth, subtle patchouli at the base.

This smells like a high-end organic herbal shop/spa/aromatherapy ~ it's simple and familiar, and relaxing and rejuvenating.

I can really visualize gleaming copper metal while I sniff this.

Very bright and lemony. Could be a blend of listea and lemon, there maybe a titch of patch too, but just enough to anchor the blend. Ah wait, maybe not lemon but orange. This is quite lovely. Fresh and bright. It fades quickly but it’s lovely while it lasts.

Copper v1

Super citrus. But, a raunchy citrus. I mean, I guess I could detect something metallic, but that might just be the name or other reviews getting to me. Honestly, I don't have much interest in even skin-testing this blend, but am very grateful that I got to sniff this. (Thanks to tragedy for the imp swap!)

I only had a small amount of this to skin test, but I think that it'll be enough. I don't like whatever citrussy note is in this. It smells like a sharp, cleaning fluid type of lemon on me. I don't get the sweeter lemon that others have mentioned. Sharp lemon and then something odd and gritty smelling in the drydown, like lemon cleaning fluid spilled over dirty floorboards. It smells slightly herbal after a while, but it's mostly a dirty, sharp lemon on me. It also fades very quickly on me, but that might just be because I had so little of it to apply...

Edited by Little Bird

This review is from what I wrote down in my notebook, though I have to admit that it still smells the same on me.

This perfume doesn't hit me well in the bottle. As soon as it comes on wet, it has a very metallic, smoky scent with what my brain keeps screaming is lime. I do like it a lot.

As it dries, it smooths out and keeps with the wet stage, but a little smokier and less lime. It stays for about four hours on my skin, which is average length.

As a side note, this smells EXACTLY (as in I did a side by side sniff and had a coworker confirm) like freshly bell vacuum annealed copper. Not copper before it's been annealed or copper vacuum annealed, but a bell vacuum anneal. All three have different scents. I'm actually curious if Beth has actually smelled it. But, yeah, this is a work scent that I could wear and nobody would be able to complain because it smells like something that belongs at work.

Those were the notes taken from when I was working at a heat treating factory. And it does bring back memories of working there very strongly when I put it on now.