Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unreleased scent,no description given

In the bottle sweet almond and pine.Upon application...Oh beloved scent...this is a close relative of my organ grinder.I get the sweet almond and pine ..such a wonderful note combination...I also get a smoky vanilla tobacco note from this as well...it does not have the sarsaparilla that organ grinder has in my opinion...this is more of a smoky tobacco scent but I am pretty certain I get that vanilla note as well...the pine note is more subtle than organ grinder...it reminds me more of the pine cones than the whole tree...yes..perhaps pine cones with some dry needles for good measure.....

Edited by nursekins

This is an odd one, for sure. I'm going to agree with the dusty almonds. There's something floral here too, though I'm darned if I can figure out what. Just the barest hint of something that seems more like tonka than vanilla, though vanilla is certainly possible too. I just can't get a grip on this one.

ETA: After a couple hours of drydown, I'm really getting wood from this now. I want to say teak, because this is reminding me of - dare I say it - Glowing Vulva. I'll need to compare them side by side to be sure, but that's the feeling I'm getting right now.

EATA: So trying Glowing Vulva on my right hand and PGAI17 on my left. GV is much stronger on the vanilla, but these are definitely in the same family, at least on me. :D

Edited by Wench457

Hmm. I can see the Glowing Vulva compraison. It's kinda musky, but with a lemon/clary sage bit going on. Underneath, I wanna say I get something almost sandy, kinda dry woody... and yes, hints of vanilla. I'm thinking the wood might be teak.

I'm getting an amber/babypowder scent on this....and then it brings up some floral? I feel llike I'm getting some rose out of this. Not for me .

mods...please move if there is an open topic for this...i could not find one :ack:

straight sniff from imp is almond and thick vanilla...buttery cakey...

hayooge sillage....waaaaaaaaaaay too sweet and i am a sticky sweet kinda girl...

some sort of sweet floral too...honeysuckle.....

nice, but not for me.... :blush:

PGAI17 - When applied wet, this has a small "poof" of almond that instantly disappears. Then, the scent becomes something warm, heavy, and almost has a hint of both sweetness and spice. It's kind of like Baron Samedi and Inez made a baby in Port-au-Prince. :lol:

I would guess there may be a bit of almond, amber, vanilla, and maybe even a hint of spiced rum in this. Plus other stuff that baffles me. I love it. I only have a little, but I'm keeping it and will wear it all up. Definitely. Oh, and I also think this would smell really sexy on the right kind of guy. Mmmm... mmmm.

Sniffed: Peach coloured oil. Dusty, perfumey, benzaldehyde-y (almond extract/fake cherry).

Wet: Powdery amber and almond extract, maybe some red musk? It's pretty mentholic.

Dry: Way more foody and nutty, full-blown almond now. Still something oddly mentholic. Some amber and something incensey or maybe woody - but this is making me feel ill, so off to sink.

Strong, somewhat perfumey, and almond I think. Hard to pin down the notes. Wavers on being good, but then develops a sour note... perhaps some kind of sour floral.

I tried this twice just to be sure, because once it's fully dried down it is kind of nice, semi-masculine, a bit woody but not too dark. Unfortunately that sourness pervades and returns, and the super-late-dry-down [like, what the application spots smells like the next day when you get up and haven't yet showered] is not as good. This one kind of morphs in and out of wearability for me, but ultimately I swapped it for something I was less wavery about. ;)

This smells very sweet and red, almost like red gummi worms. Bright, cheery, perhaps with a bit of lotus…..maybe heliotrope and dragon’s blood too. Vanilla…..this kinda reminds of the Ars Draconis scents….Dragon’s Milk in particular. It doesn’t have that deep cherry red color but it’s kinda orange, so I could believe there is dragon’s blood in here. After it’s been on a few minutes, the candy quality quiets and this smells more like a glowing amber. Yum! This smells great! I love this stage. It smells like it feels velvety and lush, the smell has a tactile aspect to it.

OMG – this is gorgeous! This does smell like Glowing Vulva – I love it! With maybe a drop of coconut too. The coconut is not prominent, but there’s something there that makes me think of it. More a quality than anything. This is really a lovely blend.

I agree with the almond and amber mentions, because this goes on smelling like sickly sweet, red, maraschino cherry syrup (which almond notes often translate to for some reason) and baby powder (which is what bpal's amber note usually turn to on my skin). I was hating it, but after about 10 minutes, the sweetness calms down and the scent softens a lot. It's still a little too powdery for my tastes, but there's a warm, gentle, foodie sort of spiciness and something sweet and creamy-vanilla smelling underneath the powder that I'm enjoying. I didn't have too much of this to test, but it only lasted about an hour on my skin and was pretty subtle after about a half hour...

I smell kind of a sweet wood. Vanilla and pine, perhaps? There's a faint bit of almond in there as well, I think. Maybe amber as well? It's a pretty nice scent, I think. I haven't smelled Glowing Vulva, so I can't make comparisons to that. It's a pretty gender-neutral scent, I think. Not sweet enough to be "feminine", and not woodsy enough to be "masculine".