Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LunaLovegood

Lilith and the Jarocho

This scent is a swirl of everything I felt, sensed, smelled, and saw right then, at that perfect point in time: Jasmine, vanilla, Spanish cedar, moss, marigold, purple verbena, candied tamarind, lime rind, a splash of margaritas on a nearby table, a little bit of Dorian, a little bit of Snake Oil, and a bright bouquet of mal de ojo.

This is pure florals, jasmine, then it goes powdery floral. The lime was there for a minute but left quickly. Then it goes soft, powdery, and sweet, and then it's gone. Edited by Shollin

On first application, this is bright jasmine and a hint of citrus, light and cheery. It gets more complicated over time, with a swirl of herbs and maybe a little musk, though I can't quite tease out the different notes. There are woods, and tea, and oh, it's just a wash of happiness. The jasmine is predominant on me, but it's not overpowering the other notes at all.

Pretty much all I get from this is florals, primarily the jasmine. It's nice, but I was hoping that the lime and margaritas would citrus it up a bit.

Oooh, I like this one! I get the juicy, fruity aspects of the scent first. Very lime-y and tart, with a little booze. Then after a while, the jasmine comes out. It's the kind of jasmine I love. The super SKANKY stinky kind :D just like in Flying Fox from Lush. There's also something in there that reminds me of the way rice smells. A couple hours after application, I'm left with the non-sweet, dry components of cedar and moss. This is the most morphtastic BPAL I've smelled. My only complaint is that I can't smell Dorian or Snake Oil! I guess "a little" means very very little. Oh yeah, and the label is friggin adorable. :wub2:

at first i get a very earthy, kind of stinky musk from this...it's kind of unpleasant. wtf, skin chemistry?! then as it dries down, i think i'm mostly getting the fruits and florals. it's basically a fruity-floral on me. i was hoping the dorian would stand stronger, because it works well on me, but alas, my skin must eat it up.

Sniff: Orange and golden, with a dash of citrus

Wet: Orange creamsicle in a bottle! Sweet vanilla, swirled with orange and lemon, a hint of herbs and sharp florals. Has a very "summer" feel, bright and warm. I can detect just a hint of amber and something earthy, almost like a dusting of patchouli.

Dry: Vanilla musk and floral powder. Pleasant, but not as good as the yummy wet phase. Probably not one of my favorite blends, but I do love the bottle art!

I love jasmine but the earthiness (oak moss/cedar?) makes it less of a feminine scent on me. With the mix of citrus on me it reminds me of an old person type of smell :huh?: Was hoping for it to be a bit sweeter, but earthy scents and me don't mesh.

I was lucky enough to be gifted a bottle of this, it's lovely. It reminds me very much of Wicked, the same intense jasmine, but a bit prettier and sweeter. Gorgeous, rich, dark.

Oh dear...

For me, I should have listened to the person who said "it's the same kind of Jasmine in Lush's Flying Fox" and stopped dead in my tracks because I HATE Flying Fox. Alas, I did not.

It's, me Jarocho, not you, honest. So. Here we go...

In the bottle, I smell a light, perfume-y, floral citrus, nice! I think this will go down well as a summer scent!

Wet on wrist: Somewhat boozy, lime, florals

And within 2 minutes (no exaggeration here) the nightmare begins. Those of you who've had scents morph with uncanny speed into stank will fully feel my dismay. :lol:

Oh my living god, NO!!!!! Straight up stinky jasmine hell on my wrists. Headache inducing, turning into dirty diaper plus baby powder and diaper wipe sludge smell wafting up in waves from my wrist....oh bleurgh. On me, this smells like a diaper bag after a long day out and about. Only the diaper is for an 18 month old, eating solid foods now kid and not for a breastfed 3 month old. Yuckity yuck yuck yuck. :( :eek:

I had to wash it off after 5 minutes or suffer the headachey/migraine like effects this would, without a doubt give me. Even after scrubbing with soap and water, I could smell baby wipes on my wrist. At least I didn't smell like used baby wipes anymore.

Well. I need to keep buying stuff so I'll have a decent list of stuff for swaps/selling in future, because there is no way I'm keeping this around.

Jasmine up front, then a very odd middle stage that smells like A&D cream, then a nicer dry down that's lightly musky, creamy, and floral with a mentholated edge. I've noticed one other scent that does this diaper cream thing on me and I suspect it might be carnation (?) because it's like a peppery mentholated numbing cream. Not bad per se, (in the middle) but I much prefer the dry down. It smells like an experience---bodies, motion, flowers, drinks....everything at once. Nice, although not something I'd reach for every day.

I was able to get an almost full bottle of this for a really good price, which was exciting because I loved the sound of all the notes. And oh my goodness, how CUTE is the bottle?!

First Sniff Impression: A sharp, sour floral.

Wet in Vial: This reminds me of an old floral perfume, that maybe sat for a few years with only a little left in the bottle. Probably just because there's so many notes all together.

Drying Down on Skin: Jasmine, lime rind, bright tropical flowers. And I can get margaritas, which is pretty fun.

Dry on Skin: This stayed pretty consistent from dry down to dry. A nice, relatively light white floral (unlike Imperious Tiger-Lily that I tried last night) and the lime margarita smell is a nice addition. Would be a fun, bright scent for summer.

Conclusion: Fortunately whatever Snake Oil is in this made no appearance (because, alas, it's such a death-scent on my skin), though it's also a little sad neither did Dorian. Still, this is one of the better, actually wearable (as in, not too foody) Lilith scents I've tried. I'll be keeping this and wearing it during warm months!

bottle: not a fan initially, sour tamarind.

wet: The lime and verbena are screaming in the front, with Dorian skulking in the background?

drydown: this really calms down quickly. cedar, moss, and marigold provide this interesting base for the tamarind and lime to perform this duet with the jasmine. It's really interesting. It's not for me, but I can see this being beautiful on the right person. Not as sweet as I was expecting, nor as floral. But it's still slightly sweet, green, floral, and fruity at the same time. Still worth experiencing if your skin chemistry works well with most of these notes.

Edited by Carrie

This is one of my favorite summer scents that I reach for frequently. It is so bright and gorgeous and so very well blended.

Wet: It is very bright, and almost tart candy like. The lime, verbena and margarita are the strongest notes. It is playful and cheery.

Drydown: the florals come out to play and it becomes this amazing, complex scent. It is still light, but has a lot of depth as well, maybe due to the Dorian and Snake Oil? It has a very light sweetness, but the tartness of the lime stays. It is just amazing.

I wish I had purchased a back up bottle as I will be so sad when my bottle is gone. It has become more balanced and complex with age. It was brighter and greener and the jasmine was stronger. It was still beautiful, but man do I love how this has aged. :wub3:

Straight up Jasmine salty limes and margaritas-WOOH you almost get dr*nk off of smelling this out the bottle. It layers super well with a vanilla(must be that Dorian making it quite tea-like herbal on the drydown) it’s herbal/jasmine/salt/limes mainly. Quite interesting, I have to be in the mood to wear it though!