Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unreleased prototype, no scent description given.

If this is not the correct place to put Hearth, since it did eventually become a released scent, please let me know.

I haven't smelled the released version of Hearth, but this one doesn't seem like it is very close.

This is pine, winter berries, and snowy notes. It actually reminds me quite a bit of Skadi.

Edited by TwilightEyes

I got this unsniffed thanks to a very sweet forumite who went to the trunk show. I confess, I was hoping against hope for something similar to Hearth 2004, which I adored. (Hearth 2005 , not so much.)

In the bottle this is balsam. On my skin it's definitely mostly balsam still, with some extra greenery underneath. I'm not smelling a lot of anything but being in the middle of a quiet airless fir copse, warmed by the sun. I'm crap at picking notes out generally, so don't expect too much here! After a while there's a sweet, faint note that peeks out from underneath the trees, but I can't quite pinpoint it. This may be better as a room scent than a wear scent for me, but it's very nice.

I adore this. I really like both versions of Hearth, and to me this smells like a mixture of sorts between the 2004 and 2005 versions with evergreen/xmas tree mixed in. I think I may prefer it to both original versions, suprisingly - it's more complex than 2004 (which I remember as mostly pipe/cherry tobacco) and less smokey than 2005 (though there's still definitely the hearth/smoke scent in this version).

Anyway, I adore the wonderful forumite who picked this bottle up for me! :hug:

Bottle: Snowy Evergreen/Balsam

Wet on Me: Snow! Winter in the woods! Pine! Evergreen!

Drying Down: Oh to be in Winter in a cabin in the woods right now! Tree and Snow and Snow and evergreen trees! I could just roll around in this.

Dry: Oh the Love! TwilightEyes gets mad love from me for scoring this one for me.!!!!!!!!!

Sweet and piney. Not very smoky to me, but lots of evergreen and something that is like pipe tobacco smoke rather than fireplace smoke [it's a sweeter, truer, less chemical smoke note]. I think I like this better than either of the released versions… 04 was cherry and 05 had something almost buttery to it. This is more piney and balsam-sweet, and I like that part a lot. More smokiness comes out as it dries... def liking this.

Sadly this one is right up my alley and preferable on me to either of the released versions. The cherry in Hearth 04 made me feel ill, and I have a half bottle of 05 that I like but don't wear often, but a comparison sniff to this proto brought out the apparent butteryness in the 05 release [which may be why I don't wear it much, because butteryness I have to have a real mood for or it will make me feel oogy]. I would love to have a bottle of this proto though and would wear it quite frequently for wintertime. Pine and pipe tobacco. Love!

But still... not as Hearth-like, really, so I can see why it didn't pass conceptual muster.

This one definitely is more akin to Skadi than the released Hearth. It's got pine, ever green, and more like tobacco smoke. No buttery. Just the chill of snow on a bitterly cold winter's day (did you run into a berry bush while carousing in the snow? perhaps you did!) contrasting against the smoke of a fire.

MMM. Yes.

Unfortunately my skin eats this up. Literally.

Hearth v2 - This is gorgeous. It's got tons of fir and evergreen notes, maybe a hint of hollyberry or something else very sweet and berry-like, and a thin layer of crusted-over snow beneath it. There may even be a hint of cherry tobacco in this, as with the released version of Hearth, but that could just be my brain making things up as it tries to process and decipher the various notes in this. It's really gorgeous, but sadly, it fades super fast on my skin. I put some on and less than an hour later I can't find it on my skin at all.