Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
twilighteyes

Arsenic v2

Unreleased prototype, no scent description given.

The first thing that came to mind upon sniffing this was the little teeny bottles of perfume that my mother or grandmother gave to me. I believe they were Avon samples. Arsenic totally reminds me of the Hawaiian Ginger.

Sniffing next to Marae, they are very similar in feel.

I'm guessing some Coconut Oil, Monoi tiare, Gardenia, Ginger, etc.

Edited by TwilightEyes

I get a tropical feel out of this - not floral, but almost pina colada fruity. Not quite coconut, not quite pineapple, but a hint of both on a base of freshly sliced ginger. On dry-down there's a rich, almost floral scent that I can't quite pinpoint that gives this a lovely feminine edge

This is a lovely floral... soft, sweet, light; it is innocent on the surface just as the poison itself. This is mostly an airy gardenia but there's a chance that there's also some tuberose. It has that waxy, springtime floral quality to it. This is heady and intoxicating and reminds me of an old favorite, Dreamland, from the very first Poe series.

Oh man... this is totally a Tiki blend. Coconut and lush tropical flowers, I am thinking hawaiian ginger and definitely gardenia. And yes, possibly that Monoi tiare mentioned. Overall, not my kind of blend AT ALL.

In the imp, this smell made me think of the show Arsenic and Old Lace. Little old ladies and lace-edged handkerchiefs and delicate, tiny white flowers.

Wet: Whoa, Nelly. Forget the little old ladies and gentility. Big booming flower scent writ large. Vibrant, attention-seeking flowers. Not creamy and not white flowers. Bold.

Immediate drydown: Very vibrant floral. The faintest hint of Ylang-Ylang, my deathscent, tried to elbow its way in, but was happily unsuccessful.

Later drydown: As time went on, like its patient arsenic namesake, it got milder and milder...and disappeared after five or six hours.

Throw was strong at first didn't stay strong...same as the scent.

If this was a GC, I'd be tempted to buy it, but I don't think I'd wear it that much. It's pretty, but there are prettier florals out there.

From this in the decant I got a neroli or heady orange blossom vibe. Somewhat sharp but not bitter. AS it dried I got some ginger/spice vibe to it. tropical for sure. If I were going to the islands for a vacation, I would want to wear this.

Indeed, very tropical and I also get a hint of citrus. Maybe a little bit of yuzu? There's definitely something tart in there that is tempered down by the other ingredients. It's really, really lovely. I'm reaching for more "oomphy" scents these days, so I think I'll let this one go, but it is a gorgeous blend!

straight sniff from imp is a citrus ocean...quite lovely...

once applied this is an herbal orange ... pretty good sillage...

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Heavy tropical florals and a touch of creamy white coconut.

Wet: Almost citrusy, and a little green, like maybe a palm note. Frangipani and gardenia for sure - very bright and feminine, a little sharp and heady with a soapy edge. It's a soft coconut note, but it's there.

Dry: Smells like hand lotion, and it also really reminds of Alba Botanica gardenia scented lotion. But way more perfumey.

Summary: This is the sort of gardenia that gives me a headache, so I had to wash it off. I must say the coconut is very subtle and nice, like the coconut in Perversion.

Arsenic v2 - This is a beautiful tropical-floral blend. I catch definite wafts of plumeria and a subtle yet lush greenery. I don't at all smell the gardenia noted by other reviewers. There may be a bit of tiare or pikaki in here. No matter what's in it, it comes off as a soft, subtle, floral that is very pretty and very tropical.

Okay, I didn't get much coconut or anything at all tropical.

Sadly.

I was hoping for almonds (arsenic having the scent of 'bitter almond' traditionally). But I can't find any almonds in this at all.

It is, however, a very dusty, -green- scent. Perhaps a reference to 'Paris Green', a colorant made from arsenic compounds? Unfortunately for me... while it's otherwise pleasant, slightly herbal thing, there's something in here that really does hit me and make me think 'paint'. Not house paint, but artist's paint, that sweetish-chemical-y quality I'm all too familiar with as an artist. And yes, it's probably poisonous paint too, for that matter.

This is a sweet herbal with maybe just a hint of something like green coconut, and if it didn't have that paint note, it'd be marvy, but while I appreciate the reference to Paris Green, I don't actually want to smell like old, painted wallpaper.

Edited by Nachtwulf