Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
nursekins

Capela Dos Ossos v5

Unreleased scent,no description given

In the bottle this is a dry but sweet incense like smell.Upon application,this one really comes alive.You get that slight smoke of old church incense...not freshly burned but has been trapped in the air for a long time.I also get a dry almost bone like note(it reminds me of the bone note in bone moon but far more subtle).It is a hard old scent.I get the scent of dust in the air and stone.The stone note really sets is apart from some of the other churchy type incense scent. It is old stone...not cold cool refined marble or dirty garden stones. Just old rock that has slightly been penetrated by this incense of long ago.The incense smoke has a sweet ...almost vanilla element...smoky old vanilla...not food or floral...beautiful

A gorgeous sweet light incense. Maybe vanilla with incense. I want to age this one and see what happens!!! :joy:

It is a hard old scent.

for some reason that line really cracks me up :lol:

as for my, very simplified review- this is the perfect incense scent. unfortunately it doesn't linger long on me, but while it does, it's beautiful. maybe if i use it as a hair scent....

This scent has me caught right between hate and love.. or to be more precise, the heebies and love. I can't spend a lot of time in places filled with very old things - ever since I was a child, there have been times in museums or castles where almost every hair on my body has stood on end with what I can only describe as hyper-awareness. In any case, I've come to associate that feeling with a certain smell and it reminds me of incense and dust. Capela dos ossos is almost exactly like this smell with perhaps a touch of amber - how did Beth *do* that? In any case, I can appreciate the cleverness and the 'rightness' of this scent.. while being unable to wear it myself. I'm sure incense lovers will be all over this one if it gets released!

Capela dos ossos v5 - This is a lovely incense scent. I find most incense blends to be too dry for my taste, but this one is warm, golden, and semi-sweet. It's both subtle and regal at the same time. Others reviewers have noted bone and stone notes -- I wouldn't have come up with that on my own, but now that I read their reviews and think about it, they may be right. There's definitely something else besides the incense. Either way, this is predominantly an incense scent on me and it's quite beautiful.

This one was definitely an incensey sort of blend, but I did get ALOT of sandalwood out of it, especially on wet. I'm thinking it has both a touch of amber and perhaps a little orris. It strikes me as a 'dusty' and 'dry' sort of incense, as opposed to the rich, smoking kind.

My review on this one is completely different. Probably a good thing I took notes before I read the others :D

Wet: Clove and cardamom? Hey, is this a Pickled Imp dupe???

Drydown: Still smells an awful lot like Pickled Imp, but with a faint dustiness added. After half an hour or so, the dustiness mostly fades out and a lovely sweetness moves to the front. But the Pickled Imp impression continues to hang around. I like this a LOT more than I thought I would.

Throw: Average - I think (the cat's not sayin').

At first whiff this is old, a bit dusty and somewhat spicy. NOt hot spicy, not cinnamon spicy...but like a cardamom or clove. I get the incence traces as it dries down. Once this has dried down the area where I applied it felt a bit burn-y and I wanted to scratch it. Too bad the scent does not stay around too long. :(

This is a very faint scent to my nose, but is a sweet and light incense.

d00d...xactlee what twilighteyes said...in fact...that is zactlee how i wrote it on my note sheet!!!

amazing!!

p.s. i do love it...

In the imp wet on skin this smells like a frankincense, myrrh & amber incense, as soon as it hit my skin, for like a second it seemed like there was a floral there. Maybe it was my nose playing tricks on me cause it quickly dissapeared. This is nice on drydown, almost like an amber resin.

yep, like others have said this is very incensey. I was fortunate to be able to test it. It's sweet and deep, and a little dark in a warm way. A little spicey, in a mellow way (lol how does that work? I guess like clove, somewhat). It's kind of lovely. I really want an incense that smells like this. It's slightly masculine to me, in an almost feral way. Smokey. Kind of nice but one I'd slather on my guy instead of myself.

Sniffed: Very pale yellow oil. Soft, gently sweet powder/dust. Almost a little musky, or maybe some amber - it's a skin-like scent.

Wet: Dustier, dryer, woodier. Cedar for sure, and maybe some rosewood; I also get some sort of incense, and maybe some sandalwood. It reminds me of the faint smell left certain New Age shops, sort of wispy and hazy - it also reminds me a bit of Smoky Moon.

Dry: Amber and dry woods with maybe a little skin musk. Later dry down has the same sort of coconutty-sweet musk as Buck Moon.

I can see the sweet and light incense description. It's gorgeous, absolutely so, but so light and fades to almost nothing on my skin so quickly that it makes me sad because i want to smell it but would have to keep applying constantly and i only have a smidge. If you like light skin scents this would definitely apply. Tis lovely.

This is indeed a light, dry incense. I'm not amazing at picking out resins. I think I smell a clean (but smooth, not sharp) sandalwood.

Capela Dos Ossos is faint on me. It's subtle.

I prefer deeper, sweeter incense/resin scents myself. This fragrance is eerily evocative though.

I can slather this on and it's still an incredibly light scent and fades away after about fifteen minutes on my skin. I get a light, dry, dusty incense feel from it. Some of bpal's amber notes smell like dust on my skin, and I think that's what I'm smelling here. There might be some sandalwood in here as well. It's a touch smoky at first and then smells like dusty wood in the drydown before it disappears.

Oh yum! Light frankincense and sandalwood – this is wonderful! This scent is not very strong but it smells really good. This is one of my very favorite incense blends – simply stunning!!!

Thank you TwilightEyes to try all these protos!!

Capela Dos Ossos v5

I definitely get the sweetness (almost creamy vanilla sweet) and the dry spiciness that others have mentioned. Resins, possibly frankincense, and I agree with others who guess that amber is in the blend. This definitely is incensey, but sooooo light, it might be the only incense blend I'd ever consider wearing as a perfume. It is wonderful, but I'm afraid too unattainable as well as much too subtle on my skin. Really gorgeous, though.

*Luckily for me, I had an amazing trunk show angel and now have my very own bottle to cherish! Squeals!*

This is fantastic. It is a light vanilla with incense over the top. It is not a heavy scent, but it does linger all day if I take a sniff. But since I have a bottle I can slather.

This is a beautiful golden vanillaed incense with some soft wood in the background. I imagine it must be a blend of gold resins, definitely frankincnese and myrrh and possibly golden amber, with an equally golden vanilla and sandalwood, possibly a combination of different sandalwoods (okay, I'm aware I've repeated the word gold to the point of being justifiably bashed on the head now). No Ancient Towering and Illustrious Cedar of Doom in the least. It may even be benzoin giving the vanilla-ish impression, I'm not sure, it's just too well-blended to pick that out specifically. There's also a hint of smokiness on the drydown, giving it a lovely finish.

Edited by Invidiana

Gorgeous light incense. :wub2:

Soft and hazy like the veil of incense you can detect when you go into a church after Service is over.

It is quite light and not heady at all. Very wearable. A dream blend for incense lovers.

Throw is low and longevity medium. I would need to slather that one, but I'm afraid to use up my bottle. I'll be quite sad when it's gone.

Edited by ifinena

Nice incense!! Sweet and not too strong! Maybe with a hint of sassafras? Maybe a hint of vanilla sweetness? Quite nice!! I am thinking that this one is a keeper!!

-ETA- I have decided to give this one a new home. It is nice, but I don't see myself wearing it often. It should go to someone who will love and cherish it and name it George!!

-ETA2- I somehow ended up with a bottle of this again. :think: Sadly I think I need to retract my first review and instead insert this one: Soapy vanilla sandalwood. This starts out as a light incensey type scent, but morphs to a sweet soapy sandalwood. I don't usually like things I would describe as soapy, but this is actually pretty awesome. I would love to smell this good stepping out of the shower! I think I am going to actually end up keeping this one!

Edited by Catseyes

Very light and almost herbal incense. Dry, dry sandalwood with maybe a touch of lavendar? Very oldish smelling and dusty.

Capela dos Ossos v5 is one of my favorite BPALs ever! :wub2:

I am an incense-aholic, and I adore most, if not all, types of incense.

But I seem to find that incense scents fall into one of three main categories:

1) Churchy (like Cathedral, Midnight Mass, etc)

2) Eastern (like Nag Champa-ish stuff- say, The Caterpillar)

3) Japanese (never found a BPAL oil that fit here... till now!)

Capela dos Ossos v5 is sweet, dry, dusty incense. If any of you have ever bought a box of Japanese incense, you may recognize the quality of it in CdOv5. It's not like the smoke from Japanese incense, but rather like the incense itself, before it's burned.

It's so well-blended that it just seems to be an entity unto itself, so I'm having a hard time identifying specific notes...

It does not, however, smell smokey, or have any hint of frankincense to it.

There seems to be a floral quality, but it's not a heady, cloying floral, like jasmine or gardenia, nor is it soapy, like cherry blossom... Maybe it's a bit of champaca flower- hmm....

I must seek out a backup bottle of this one. Yummy. :yum:

This is very light on my skin. A sweet, dry incense blend. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long. I do get a lot of sandalwood.