Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
alicia_stardust

Cesky Krumlov v1

No scent description.

In the bottle I get a very dry, atmospheric quality that reminds me of The Castle (from The Order of the Dragon) but without the dragon's blood. Over the years I have heard reference to people saying that they want a scent that smells like their BPAL box as a whole; that mingling of scents that comes off of dozens of bottles and combines to form one overall fragrance. Cesky Krumlov is the smell of my TAL box! Woods, slight incense, herbs, ozone, art, old buildings, dust, magic.

This is a hard one to pinpoint.

It is sweet, woody, and a little herbal. I would say a light, sweet incense with a teeny hint of fresh air.

This is like walking into an ancient shop filled with polished wood, old books, and shelf after shelf of Wonderful Things. You know there's magic here, but it's an old, elegant, restrained sort of magic contained within aged chests and leatherbound books. Simply gorgeous, I love this one far more than I had thought I would.

This smelled almost salty out of the imp. It's got a very strong air/aquatic component (not necessarily ozone). And yes, I get some woods and something that does remind me to the Castle (more like stone, rather than anything else). There's something vaguely sweet in here, and slightly green, like a light brushing of Host of Air. It also kinda reminds me to Prague and I wonder if it doesn't have crocus or tulip in it.

But yes, "restrained" is something that comes to mind. Mildly aquatic, sort of fresh, cool water. Those are really the impressions I get.

can't get a handle on this. Like a Kalaidascope of scent notes. I get dusty, vetiver, old wood, musty, sour, resiny.....

This went from a gorgeous incensy cinnamon (w/out the allergic reaction :joy:) to High class cinnamon baby powder. I don't understand where we went wrong...but we did and now I have to break up with Cesky Krumlov. :(

straight sniff from imp is lots of basil and thyme...

once applied...something quite herbal....very green....

after awhile...dry and sandy...a real morpher and wicked good ;)

780084597_aJgQ2-Ti.jpg

A bit harsh in the bottle, but once on my skin this is quite a lovely herbal incense-y kind of blend. I see the mention of particular herbs, but I'm not good enough to pick out the individual herbs, only that they are here, LOL!

First on, the herbs are uppermost, and as mentioned above, a little harsh. However, the harshness doesn't last long at all, and in fact is rather a nice contrast to the smooth incense/herb mix which follows. As the blend dries, a creaminess comes out and smooths over the incense/herb notes and that's where the blend stays...for a little while. Unfortunately, Cesky Krumlov v1 doesn't last very long on, though while it is on, the scent is noticeable. This was money well-spent, and I thank Alicia Stardust for letting me buy it from her. :wub2:

Edited by stellans

Hm. My impression of this, out of the imp, was something soapy, like hotel soap. Floral, maybe a little herbal, and it is well known that my allergic nose doesn't tolerate those types of scents well. Unfortunately I didn't detect anything else, so I didn't give it a skin test. Now I'm wondering if my sniffer's broken!

In bottle: It’s a very clean scent, on that ozone aquatic border. It’s got a lot of lavender. It makes me think of wind running before a storm over lavender, herb, and wild flower covered moors. There is a faint chill to it. Wet: I’m starting to pick up a touch of incense, possibly sandalwood, and it smells less windy and outdoorsy on my skin. It’s fairly androgynous. It’s got a green, crushed plant tone to it.. Dry: Very faint wood/incense scent. It goes fast, alas, alas.

In the imp, it's highly aquatic and green, like Irish Spring soap.

Wet, it starts "drying" out very quickly, and I get a lot of sandalwood, dry crackling paper, and just an edge of that greenness from the initial stage -- aloe, maybe. It's a clean, fresh green, but it's an afterthought. Others have described it as The Castle without the blood, and if I close my eyes I can almost picture a bright sunny day next to a crumbling stone ruin surrounded by overgrown wild herbs.

Dry: Where'd it go? This one morphed super quickly and was gone just as fast. There are traces of it left on my hand, like the clean/soap smell on someone who got out of the shower an hour ago.

Absolutely no throw, and no wearlength, which is all fine for me as these aren't my notes. It was a pleasure to be able to try it, though!

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Sharp, herbal, a little medicinal, and definitely masculine. It has an old-fashioned feel. Quite astringent and a little soapy.

Wet: Softer and more herbal on my skin - brighter and greener, too. Almost citrusy. I get the suggestion of dark nighttime air. Also, some slightly cloying sweetness from one of the herbs. Also smells a little green - not sweet.

Dry: It's gone rather sour, like hay or elemi does on me, with a dusty sort of undertone, and I think I get a little bit of sour/white rose? It reminds me of The Miller's Daughter. I'm also getting a piney note which I'm positive is spruce.

Later: I get some clean musk and dry, somewhat creamy sandalwood on drydown, for an overall cologney feel - the sour notes have mostly faded, and this had become much weaker of a scent overall. No more of that rose, guess it was a (brief) phase?

Summary: Final dry down is light, slightly dustry rosewood and more aromatic sandalwood, with a faint trace of herbal cologne & cool, almost Buck Moon-like musk. Low throw & lasting power.

This is a very soft scent – elements of cedar wood, herbs, light musk, and perhaps violet or orris root. This is not a sweet scent, but soft, gentle, slightly herbal and astringent.

This starts off smelling like dry woods (cedar? sandalwood? both?) and something green and herbal-y on my skin. As it dries down, this starts to go soapy on my skin. It sort of smells like an herbal soap sitting in a wooden soap dish with sandalwood incense burning off in the distance. There's a lot going on in this scent, but it's very light on me and seems to shift underneath the soapiness, so I never really get a good picture of what it smells like, other than soapy...

Wood, incense, and herbs at first. Quite wonderful, actually. On drydown, I started to get a light floral note that mixed in well with the others. Light and very pleasant.

Woah, disappointing. Smelled nicely woody-resin from the vial, but blooms into fancy soap on my skin. Something in here violently disagreed with my skin.

Cesky Krumlov v1 - Dry woods and incense, maybe a bit of white sandalwood, and bitter (but nice) herbs, and maybe a bit of dust and/or stone. It has an old feel about it, and actually reminds me a lot of the smell of Kostnice (the place, the not the discontinued BPAL scent).