Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
nursekins

Putrefication v5

Unreleased scent ..no description given

In the bottle..this is herbal and medicinal.I have never tried anything quite like this scent. It is very unique...I will do my best on this one but remember this is just what I am feeling..Upon initial application I get a heavy old wax smell...not beeswax,not a fresh candle wax...this is old wax...something that has been long forgotten in an attic of closet..it is just an old scent...I get maybe a touch of green moss and very old polished leather shoes all in this wax like covering.After it wears for several minutes I get dark anise and a very dry old herbal note...maybe a hint of very old dusty wood...it gives me the feeling of a box of forgotten randoms items in the corner of a attic or basement...the objects no longer have their own scent...they all have this odd mish mash scent of everything that surrounds them...I adore this scent as it is so unique and evokes such a strong mental picture

This oil is a very dark brown in color. It's thick and a little sticky.

I like it much better now that I did when just sniffing the bottle at DD.

In the bottle, it is a dark earthy smell. A sweetish dry patchouli, tobacco, musk, amber, darjeeling?, benzoin?, lavender?

Reminds me in feel of blends such as Uncertain Horror or Scattered Gloom, Lunar Eclipse, Penumbra, On Darkness, etc.

Ditto on the similarities to Uncertain Horror or Scattered Gloom, Lunar Eclipse, Penumbra, On Darkness. For my money, this is a very dark, dark blend. It's got musk (I wanna say black, as it is kinda stinky and sweaty), patchouli, benzoin, perhaps a touch of amber and patchouli. I get hints of licorice here and there, which would also explain the color as it is a dark brown, like Uncertain Horror. Perhaps also a touch of dust?

But yeah, a DARK, sweaty musk blend.

Dark Color....Dark SCent.....Dark Vibe. Old vibe. old and spicy and musky, and earthy. Patchouli? Musk? some sort of spice...I thought I could detect cinnamon there for a bit while it dried down.

Sniffed: Deep cola-coloured brownish red oil; viscous. Herbal-medicinal with a boozy edge. It reminds me strongly of Bitters and a certain herbal cough medicine I've had, as well as a bit of Ricola cough drops. Heavy, sharp, a little mentholic, with a touch of sweetness. Edited by fairnymph

Herbal, medicinal, green/brown plant scent. It is one of the oddest scents I have ever put on my body and yet I like it. It does give the impression of decaying plant matter, but making it palatable on the skin at hte same time. There is a sharp element to the scent as well, but I don't get any sweet hints. Just heavy, rooty plants.

This is for Putrefication v5 - wasn't sure if I should start a new topic or not....

Anyway, on to the review...

This is a very dark, thick oil. It sits on the skin and doesn’t soak in. At first I thought I smelled earth – I think that’s what I was expecting, but it’s not. It smells of anise, and some sort of dark cologne – like the darkness of Youth Dew if you will. I would not be surprised if patchouli were in here. There’s a slight sweetness and it almost reminds of a non-foody caramel-toffee note. It rounds off the anise and patch, but that’s about it. It doesn’t offer more than tempering and rounding if that makes sense. Maybe a hint of beeswax and some dark sort of absolute too - I'm thinking mimosa but I'm not sure about that....regardless it's not in large quantities. If it is mimosa that would account for the sweetness and honeyed type of note.

(Copy-pasta from a comment on LJ, haha.)

I'm awful with notes, so you'll have to bear with my abstract description.

It's kind of a sweet, smooth, spicy incense kind of smell. It's almost foody, but not quite. Definitely has a resin in it.

It's really dark, really thick, and really sticky!

Edited by Kaylee

This sort of smells like wandering around in an abandoned ghost town's drugstore to me. It's oddly planty/herbal, a bit dusty, a bit earthy (maybe some patchouli), and with a medicinal, slightly menthol edge that makes me think of cough drops or cough syrup. As it dries down, I think that I can smell something like opoponax in this as well (dark, sticky-sweet, resinous, and slightly peppery). Every once in a while, I think that I'm getting a whiff of cinnamon from this, but cinnamon usually amps up like crazy on me.

I kinda like this. It's odd and complex and smells like exploring around in old houses and getting into old things that I shouldn't really be touching. I'm not sure that I'd ever really wear this, though.

In the bottle: Piercing clear airy note, a touch of something crittery, and metal. Unsettling, rather like the Lamia prototype. Oil astonishingly dark brown.

Wet: Salty warm dark musky scent with metal at the heart of it. There's something teasingly tart, like grape skins or barbecue sauce, almost a vinegary note.

Hour and a half: Tangy woody-spicy with some musk, very definitely a sort of smoked barbecue kind of scent. There's still something metal at the core, though.

Four and a half hours: Strong herbal note over wood, still with that spicy-sharp smoky impression.

Ten hours: Still a lingering dark smoky tart metallic-tinged scent.