Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Prototype, unreleased, no scent description.

From the bottle this blend smells like buttercream frosting with an extra dose of vanilla extract and a hint of citrus oil - not enough to make it tart, though. I would guess lemon? It reminds me of what you would see on a super elegant wedding cake, or even the creamy filling of one. I detect no "cake" note, this is just what covers the cake!

This one is a sweet blend without it being out and out foody.

I am also getting sugary buttercream from this, with a touch of lemon. One of my favorites from the numbered prototypes!

In the bottle I get a very boozy almost buttery vanilla scent.Upon application,the vanilla is very strong and rich...foody to the extreme.I also get a heavy buttercream frosting note...rich thick delicious frosting....After a short time it morphs quite a bit...the buttercream becomes to become more subtle and what takes it place is lemon chiffon cake...remember those lemon chiffon box cakes from betty crocker...my mother made when I was a child...that is what I detect ..so it ends up to be a lemon chiffon cake with a liberal dose of rich vanilla buttercream.

Edited by nursekins

This stuff is amazing. :wub2: Sniffing the bottle, it reminds me of a few of the pumpkin patch blends, but once applied to my skin it turns into this wonderfully yummy lemon buttercream cake scent :yum: that lasts for hours with good throw.

I applied some of this on my arms before heading out to the movies tonight and spent the entire movie huffing my arm every few minutes. I'm so happy to have a bottle of this. I just wish it was widely available for a back-up bottle. :D

Wooo. Definitely buttery lemon cake. It's pretty damn tasty. Unfortunately, the vanilla is the kind that goes to plastic on me. Other than that, this would be uber yum. :yum:

In the Decant: tangy lemon, ginger (a soft, lemony, not very spicy ginger though), white cake

Wet on Skin: tangy lemon, lemony ginger (slightly more spicy), white cake, and a little buttercream

Dry: white cake, lemony ginger (a little more spicy, but still soft), buttercream (a little stronger), tangy lemon (a little faded). The tangy lemon continues to fade and is gone almost completely within an hour or so (but because the lemony ginger note is still there, a softer lemon scent remains)

I love buttercream & cake, but lemon & ginger are just ok. If it wasn't so HTF, I'd probably buy a bottle. However, considering what I'd have to swap/pay to get it, this scent is not worth it to me.....

I edited this review because when I first tested it, I thought all of the lemon scent was coming from the ginger, but now I'm pretty sure it contains an actual lemon note as well

Edited by SurrealReality

P013 - Mmmm.... lemony buttercream and white cake! I don't usually go for foody scents, but this one's really yummy and it doesn't turn to plastic on my skin!

THIS is lemon-y pound cake. It has that same think rich dense scent as a good old fashoined lemon pound cake your granny used to make.

If I liked foodie scents this would be one for me. But the scent of sugar gets me now. :(

I get the buttery cake everyone else does, but little to no lemon...and it's a thin batter to my nostrils. I know everyone's loving this one...but it doesn't do it for me. I tried it twice to make sure.

straight sniff from imp is almost a non-existant whiff...

once applied...

a soury/lemony/buttercream frosting...lovely...

something "beave moony" about it... fades waaaaaaaaaay too fast tho... :evil:

This one is strangely light on me and smells more like the creamy end of other reviews than the lemony end. I can barely smell it on me unless I put my nose right up to my hand.

At first it smells like lemon fabric softener, but as it dries it smells more like a sweet lemon cake. It lasts a couple of hours and doesn't have a lot of throw. Very nice.

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Rich vanilla yellow cake with lemon buttercream! Deliciously foody.

Wet: Same, very white and fluffy, not too sweet or rich or buttery. A nice light scent of lemon oil. It also reminds me of lemon sugar cookies.

Dry: A little powdery? Also, the lemon has amped up a bit, yay!

Later: Sort of nutty/powdery cake? Not bad, but it turns on my skin, and fades rapidly.

I really like this fragrance, but it's incredibly short lived on my skin. I can only smell it for about fifteen minutes before I have to reapply. If this had better staying power and throw, I'd probably try to track down more of it. As it is, I’ll enjoy dabbing on the few drops left in my decant vial, but I don't need more.

P013 smells something like buttery yellow cake batter, creamy white frosting, and a hint of lemony citrus on me (it also smells a little cream cheesy on me for a bit & then is slightly powdery in the drydown). The lemon gets a bit stronger before the whole thing fades. It’s just *so* light. I can barely smell it at all, unless I press my nose right up against my wrist where it’s applied. And it only lasts for about 15 minutes before I can't smell anything left at all.

I already own a lot of foodie-cakey-lemon scents with better staying power, so I don't need to track down more of P013. Still, it's a cheery, delicious fragrance.

Edited by Little Bird

Lemony buttercream, whipped up into a light froth. The lemon part fades and it becomes more frosting-y, but never entirely goes away. And this is candied lemon, not the cleaning, herbal sorta lemon that you find elsewhere.

Mmmm cakey. I'm definitely behind the buttercream frosting, here. And a *hint* of citrus. A bland lemon cake. It's yummy and pretty, just not the type of thing I'd wear (needs moar vanilla!)

But I would definitely eat this cake!

Edit: After a couple of hours sniffing this in the car.... I WANT IT, I WANT IT NOW!!!

Edited by AngelaBernadette

P013

In the Vial: Actually, smells a lot like PX117 to my nose, but it's way too hot for me to bother pulling out my bottle to compare, sorry!

Wet: Still a lot like the foodie, orangey cakey PX117.

Drydown: Ah hah! This is what the reviews are pointing to. I definitely smell a soft, buttery lemony yellow cake. A little buttercream frosting, too.

Verdict: I love this! But like Little Bird said upthread, it's so faint and lasts for such a short time, that I can't really justify hunting more of it down. If I could get a gallon of it for cheap? Sure! ;) But since that's not happening any time soon, I'll just be glad I got to try this blend and wish for a similar blend in the future, but one w/ more throw and lasting power. *drools*

Origin:

Partial 5mL bought on LJ.

Preconceived notions:

I honestly don't know why I decided to buy this. Well, I do and I don't. Lemon isn't a good note for me (neither is citrus in general), although I like cake scents, so P013 should send me running in the opposite direction, but I had one of those moments of inexplicable lust for a scent that shouldn't work. Generally, those weird impulsive cravings result in my finding scents that shouldn't work but do. So hopefully P013 will end up being another dark horse.

First sniff:

This smells like it could easily be part of the original Monster Bait series. I get lemon chiffon cake (which, if you've never smelled it, has a light, sweet lemon scent rather than a bright, tart bite to it) and buttercream frosting. Oddly enough, I'm really liking it. :eek:

Wet on skin:

A bit like lemon poundcake now, but more or less the same as in the bottle.

Dry down:

I have to admit, this smells really good. It's sweet and foody, but overwhelming "OMGWTFBBQ, look at me, I smell like a bakery!" It's soft lemon chiffon cake and buttercream frosting. I still think this would be right at home in the original MB series, although it's lighter and with less throw than either Closet or Underbed.

The bottom line:

Another "against the odds" winner. This is why I trust my impulses when it comes to scents like this. P013 would be a perfect spring or summer scent if you're into wearing "seasonal" perfumes. Me? I'll be wearing this year-round. :D

Very gourmand blend. One of those that are foody without being totally about cake, you know?

Orange or mandarin. I'm thinking mandarin cuz it smells realistic enough for me to reach out and squeeze it. It fades fast and melds into the background though, which makes me a little sad. There is a bit of cake in this one, yellow cake maybe? And a touch of vanilla or buttercream but nothing too heavy. It's also very amberish, maybe golden amber. That adds the element that keeps it from going into the total foodish catagory and makes it warm and interesting.

Nice enough blend but not for me. The citrus becomes a bit too sharp on drydown and sits there in the background, taking away from everything else for me.

Hmm, I'm wondering if I got a mislabelled decant. This is a walk down the Midway to me. I'm getting sugar spun cotton candy and deep fried funnel cake with a dusting of icing sugar. It does smell a bit citrussy to me, but more of a 'sour' slight cherry, though I'd say the sugar and funnel cake dominate. This is truly delicious, and I'm so grateful to the kind forumite who frimped me this carnival-in-a-bottle. Now that I'm sniffing the imp, it does smell like lemon pound cake and buttercream, but on me, it's definitely cotton candy and funnel cake. LOVE!! :wub2:

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this yet, this has been one of my favorites for a few years now! I went through two imps, and finally managed to snag a bottle, and I am one happy wench right now!

This is all sweet lemon cake, frosting, and play-doh on me. And I LOVE IT. It's a very 'happy' scent to me, and is easily in my top 5!