Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
TheIceMaiden

Splatter Comedy

A bit of blood and chainsaw grease underneath a banana cream pie.

Splatter Comedy-

In Bottle: Banana, but I smell the custard and the crust of the banana cream pie as well. Cool!

Dry: Banana cream pie. Lightly alcoholic, perhaps.

Wet: This fades quickly on me, leaving just a hint of the alcoholic banana scent.

Overall: Fast fader, but might be great in scent lockets. Edited by Shollin

In the bottle and initially on this is straight up banana cream pie. As it dries down it is more of a bananas foster scent... mmmmmmmmm... I wish I got more a true "grease" note, which I would love, but the throw is undeniably bananas foster :D which I do adore. I'm glad to have a wearable banana scent.. I was a little worried it would be too fake candy banana.. but it's not.

ETA: several hours later the banana does die down almost completely, leaving a very strong grease scent.. awesome! Freaked my boyfriend out a bit though :D

Edited by MCS4096

Oh boy. I definitely get sweet banana cream pie from this, and underneath just a metallic hint with a whiff of blood.

Sadly, the vanilla in the cream pie goes to plastic. So it smells like a fake banana on top of bloody metal.

Pass.

In the bottle, this smells like powdery banana candies and cream.

On my skin, much to my surprise, I am loving this. On my skin, this actually smells like real, fresh banana and cool, delicious cream. It's not fakey, candied, or overly sweet at all. I don't smell any of the blood & chainsaw grease, thankfully. Something about this actually smells fresh and clean on my skin (not soapy or anything bad, just a clean feeling). The banana mellows out in the drydown and I smell like vanilla custard with a hint of true banana. Yum. :yum:

I hated Banana Peel in a Graveyard and figured that this would also be a dud on me, but I'm loving Splatter Comedy. I'm so glad that I bought a full bottle of this. :wub2:

This was another big surprise scent for me- Banana cream pie as a perfume??? It's a huge hit with my husband who couldn't stop sniffing me.

I don't get the metallic note at all, just fresh, ripe bananas and vanilla cream. It's delicious smelling.

In the bottle: Bananas - a lovely but artificial banana, like Laffy Taffy. A tinge of grease, oily smell. Overall very nice.

Wet: Laffy Taffy banana and really strong grease; something metallic (I assume that is the 'blood')

Drydown: Burning grease, oh no! Still has a strong Laffy Taffy banana in the background. Maybe the banana cream pie went up in flames (including the foil dish, as I also still smell metal).

Dry: Burnt grease (maybe the flames died down), metal, and a bit of banana. Maybe like you set a piece of banana Laffy Taffy in a foil pie dish, doused it with kerosene, and watched it burn until it finally died out. I am very sad. Very sad indeed. I will have to retest this at some point, but not anytime soon.

Edited by Veresti

Wow. That's my first reaction.

I'm not getting ANY banana, my first reaction was bubblegum and butter popcorn. A few people around me said they smelt a sweet vanilla, but after a few minutes on the skin it's settling into a dirty scent, and NOW the banana comes out. Hmm. Curious. Definetly gets a lot of love from me though.

Oh wow. This is weird. I like it. :laugh:

In the bottle: Sweet banana and something sharp I can't quite define.

Wet: The most delicious banana custard ever. I don't get a pie crust note-- it's just rich, creamy banana and vanilla. No sign at all of the blood or grease yet, nothing but sheer dessert heaven. I am seriously considering chewing on my hand.

Dry: Oh, there's the weird stuff. Still delicious, but now there's a dark metallic note lurking beneath. I don't quite smell it as much as I feel it at the back of my throat when I sniff, if that makes any sense. It's odd, but not unpleasant at all-- it just makes this an absolutely unique blend.

I adore this-- it definitely captures the goofy, campy, bloody feel of films like my beloved Evil Dead series, but is somehow wearable beyond what you'd expect from a "novelty" blend. I might have to seriously think about a bottle.

This one starts out incredibly awesome! Banana Cream pie!! Mmmmmmmmmmm! After ten minutes though, the banana cream pie scent is gone. All that is left, is a strange metallic scent. *sigh* This started out so good.

I was a little hesistant to try this at first, but then i'm like, the grease note form Velvet clown worked wonders, so let's check this out.

AND AM I GLAD I DID!

This is one of those that smells the same in the imp, wet, and when it dries on your skin. A sugary pie with enough banana to go.....mmmm....banana, but not enough banana to make you go...eww banana. It's really sugary and amazing, and it lasts for like.....6 hours on my skin. I don't know what it is with me and clown scents, but we work. ^_^

Splatter Comedy - I really thought I was going to hate this -- nothing sounds worse to me than the combination of these three notes combined....so of course I had to try it. :lol: It's actually a fantastic scent! I can't get over how much I like the banana cream pie foodiness of this blend, since I'm not typically into gourmand type fragrances. I love how the blood and grease have given the banana cream pie a depth that really makes it work fantastically on my skin. This scent reminds me a lot of Demeter's Banana Flambe, except this one lasts much, much longer. This is a really fun scent. I love it!

Splatter Comedy

In the imp: this sh*t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S! This is a fun synthetic banana flavouring, not a real one.

Wet on skin: now I smell caramel, custard and pie crust. But also a scent of burnt rubber and metal.

Dry on skin: oh my, the chainsaws are roaring here! The scent of burnt rubber and metal and smoke and grease. I can still smell banana cream pie here, without a doubt, but this fun, sweet, foody scent is aggressively cut through with mechanical notes of metal and grease. It reminds me of the metallic and burnt scent of Mechanical Phoenix but it smells even more authentic here. So much so that it smells like someone is eating a banana pie in a garage! But there is something sinister to the mechanical scent, it smells burnt and harsh and contrasts wildly with the light hearted scent of the banana custard. And despite this, it’s still such an unusual juxtaposition of notes, the combination makes me chuckle.

After a while: still that smoky greasy dirty scent of rusty chainsaws and burnt rubber, the garage/mechanic’s workshop scent, with a much creamier and sweeter pie scent. The banana is still there but it is quieter now, I actually smell more of a vanilla custard and caramelised sugar with buttery crust scent here. It still contrasts with the burnt mechanical scent, which smells much too genuine for me to pull off-it really smells like a garage, it is uncanny! It’s a shame, as I like the pie scent!

Verdict: this is a really weird scent but I find it really hilarious! it smells just like it says it does-of banana cream pie and chainsaws. It smells strongly of banana marshmallows and pie, but then the chainsaw notes of greased metal slice through it harshly, and before long it smells like burnt rubber, mechanical grease and dirty metal. But with banana pie. Only BPAL could pull that off. It’s not often a scent makes me giggle purely because of it’s scent, but this does, the combination of banana pie and metal is so odd and so wacky, it doesn’t take itself seriously. I cannot wear the scent as it really smells of burning rubber and garage, but I love the novelty factor here.

Emoticon rating: ;)

Is it a keeper? Not really but it was great fun trying it!

If you like this, try: Banana Peel in a Graveyard, Mechanical Phoenix, Phoenix Steamworks, Shango, The Blockhead

Bubblegum and then the banana. Overripe with sugar thrown in to mask it. Then I start to get the grease. And then the blood, but still lots and lots of banana.

Someone gave me a sniffie of this to try out. Wow, this one smells exactly like the description! The banana cream pie is gorgeous, but it is unnerved by the grease and blood. However, the grease and blood fade off very quickly and I’m left with a lovely banana cream pie. I may need to snag a bottle of this before it goes away…

imp: creamy banana. i'm in love!

wet: this is a little artificial smelling when first applied, but that fades quickly to a very creamy, rich banana scent.

dry: this is more cream and graham-cracker crust as it dries, just a touch of banana left. i love it.

Nuh UH. This stuff is a dead ringer for the smell of the banana pudding my mother used to make. Once it dries down, it gets a bit tangy and reminds me of the time she put a dollop of crushed pineapple in the mix. And that was right before she squirted blue food coloring in there as well.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

I was skeptical about this...I need to be in a banana mood for banana-type things.

In the bottle...banana!

On me...banana!

Hours later...banana! And cream! And a hint of something metallic!

...this makes me hungry. :yum:

I :heart: this scent...

This scent makes me feel like I'm going to chunder. I intensely dislike the smell of bananas. The only thing worse than the smell of bananas is the smell of artificially sweet banana Runt-style candy. That is exactly what I got the minute I opened the bottle.

When it was on my skin, the pie crust notes were a little more evident but the disgusting banana remain dominant. There is just a hint of grease in the background. It's just gross.

Swaaaaap

Splatter Comedy

On: Crazy amounts of banana and a graham cracker crust. Awesome.

1 hour in: Ground up graham cracker and tangy, metallic blood.

3.5 hours in: Dirty metal. I'm so sad that the banana is gone.

4.5 hours in: A greasy metallic scent.

Overall: This pretty much broke my heart after it dried.

In The Bottle: Artificial banana. Very sweet, and candy-like; there's absolutely nothing fruity about these bananas. As a kid, I used to eat a banana-flavoured candy with a foam-like texture (indeed, a Google search tells me now that they are called foam bananas). Splatter Comedy smells exactly like that, with no variation whatsoever. Incredibly sugary.

Wet: Almost impossibly, this becomes even sweeter upon skin contact. Fortunately, it also becomes creamier, as a note of cream (or marshmallows?) edges its way in, like the topping of a banana pie. This is very sweet, even for me, a self-confessed gourmand-lover. This is almost cloying in its sweetness, which is rare for me to encounter. I couldn't imagine a non-foodie loving this one, except perhaps for its novelty factor. I sense no grease or blood at this stage.

Dry: This hasn't morphed terribly much. In fact, I'd almost call it a banana single note (or, rather, a banana candy SN). This isn't at all real, and it has much more in common with the fare found in the candy aisle than that of the fruit one. This does mellow on the drydown, though, and becomes even creamier. This doesn't have much throw, but that's a positive thing - this one's so high octane that I can imagine a lot of people hating it. It is very intense, though, when huffed.

Later: Oh, I take it back. This one is a morpher. About half an hour after application, Splatter Comedy develops into this beautiful vanilla-based scent. It's a very light, creamy marshmallow scent. This is stunning, and I wish it came as its own scent. Unfortunately, this is very close to the skin, and has almost no throw. On the flip side, it lasts for at least a few hours. Funnily enough, I'm finally getting the grease note mentioned in the notes, but no blood. The grease isn't apparent unless you're searching for it, though, thankfully.

Verdict: As it was in the first stage? Ridiculous, in a fantastic way. I would have kept it solely for reasons of nostalgia and novelty, but I didn't love it. The second stage, though? Absolutely incredible. As it turns out, I don't love the smell of banana candy as much as I thought I would, but if it's what you're looking for, Splatter Comedy is perfect.

This scent makes me smile. Partly because it makes me think of Evil Dead, and partly because it smells EXACTLY how it's described. Banana cream pie and something greasy, like you'd smell at a mechanic's garage. Epic.

it was exactly that - when freshly wet, it was banana cream pie. it quickly dries down to blood and motor grease and remained that way for hours. swapped.

Starts off as yummy Runts type candy banana and whipped cream. And I love this part! But as it dries down the blood and grease are what lingers and that sucks. The banana is so good I wish it stuck around. After a half hour I'm wearing a grease/metal/blood scent and that's not me lol :wacko2:

I typically can't do Banana, but I love trying anything and everything, so here goes! (I also love Beth's sense of humour!)

Wet: Yep, that's some banana candy/pudding/flavoured things alright! With something lurking underneath. Surprisingly, I quite enjoy it! The blood reminds me of the rich, spicy variety that I have smelled in Blood Pop and Mischief HG. Not Dragon's Blood (to me) or Blood Musk. This is such an interesting one.

Dry: Ugh. I don't know what that is, but it's not for me. The fake banana is gone (though there is a faint bakery note, maybe like the pie's crust?) as is the blood, and I think just the motor oil/grease smell is left. This is not good on my skin. Glad to have tried it though!

When wet, it's just banana cream pie and nothing else. I just made banana cream fudge and the banana cream pudding mix that I used is very similar to what this smells like, just add lots and lots of whipped cream. A very artificial banana scent. I think I can smell a little bit of the crust too, to me it resembles graham cracker?

After about an hour when the banana cream pie note starts to fade, I finally get some hints of grease, metal, and blood. It's still pretty sweet, and honestly if I didn't know those notes were in here I may not have recognized them. The blood smells kind of rusty to me and the grease is slightly metallic. 

I'm curious how similar this is to the Banana Cream Pie oil. If I ever get a bottle of that, I'll update this review with a comparison.