Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ravenclaw79

Strawberry Moon 2009

Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

I'm a lover of strawberry scents and green scents so I had to track this one down once I heard about it. On me it's a very fresh realistic strawberry. It reminds me of just cutting into a just washed strawberry. I get a hint of the dandelion sap but strawberry and summer grasses are the main things that stand out on me.

Unfortunately it doesn't last too long on me, normally about an hour. I like layering it with rain scents. It makes me think of walking through a rainy strawberry patch.

I bought this from their Etsy store a year or so ago. Last year, when I smelled my bottle in comparison to another bpaler's bottle that she originally purchased from release, I noticed that hers smelled sweeter. The strawberry wasn't hard to find, and it smelled more candyish. Mine smelled more green, and you had to try harder to find sweet strawberry. Fast forward to now. I think it's sweetened up in the bottle. Green grass and strawberry hard candy. It's a lovely, happy scent. So, I think the key was it needed to be exposed to air a bit more. It doesn't last long on me, either. I can see layering this with something similar, either a happy fruity scent, or a green garden scent.

This starts off being like strawberry candy at first, backed by some green grass dotted with dandelions. The strawberry note then becomes juicier and more realistic, but my skin chemistry is having problems with it or a combination of the notes, because I am getting a plastic vibe from this one, sadly. :( I bet this is a lovely spring and summer scent on someone who has better luck with strawberry, though!

In the imp: Ripe strawberry. Yummy

On the skin: a 'cool' feeling strawberry with something faintly green underneath. The strawberry isn't as high pitched, it blends beautifully with the other notes, the vanilla adding a slight creamy tone, backed by the lush floral.

All of my previous strawberry scents are paired with sweet notes, and while the vanilla is present, this doesn't read 'foodie' to me. This is more like sitting picking ripe, juicy red strawberries in a field on a fresh spring day. Lovely. 💗

Strawberry Moon (2009) smells like a strawberry candy to me. It smells like mashed strawberries and sugar mixed together. This smells both artificial and realistic at the same time. I get a bit of a sweet grass note as well and syrupy sap. As it dries, the strawberry scent gets more realistic and it smells like strawberries on the vine with a hint of greenery. It's a morpher on the skin for sure!

Maybe it's a result of the bottle aging for so long, but this is super synthetic, fake strawberry to me. No grass, no sugar, just cheap strawberry shampoo. Super disappointed