Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ravenclaw79

Strawberry Moon 2009

Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

I didn't buy a bottle when this one was up and regretted it pretty quickly. So I hunted it down and was finally able to get my hands on it. And I'm a bit disappointed. The grass is too present on me to fully enjoy the other notes. I'm in like with this Strawberry Moon, not love. Edited by Suusje

It smells mainly of grass with a bit of strawberry

My first ever review. Yikes. *scared*

I have no idea what I'm doing, but here goes nothing.

In the bottle: Sweet, sweet red strawberries. Almost syrupy and candy-like.

Wet: This reminds me of cutting strawberries with my grandma in her kitchen, the way the juice smells after it stains your fingers. Still sweet and sugary, though. I like it.

Dry: I can now smell the green of the vine underneath. And the sweetness is tamed.

Definitely a keeper. I kind of want to gnaw on my wrist now...

Edited by KTG

Hmmmm, smells very candyish. In fact, on my skin it smells like the Strawberry Bubbilicious (sp?) gum. Not really what I was hoping for. Definitely interesting though.

i'd never willingly try this, but i got it as a sniffie in a swap. it's not my kind of scent at all, but it's not so bad on my skin even. it's a sweet milky strawberry scent...i really don't get the grass much at all, mostly just milk, vanilla and strawberry. it's interesting to try so "un-me" scents once in awhile. usually BPAL's milk note turns sour on me, but in this it didn't!

I swapped a bottle of my Floating Brain for this scent, because I wasn't able to purchase it when it came up. I am forever grateful. :heart:

In the bottle, it's almost overwhelming - very sweet, candy-like. I was *almost* afraid to try it out. ALMOST. But I love strawberry.

On me - I almost can't describe it...it's red and fruity, yet green and grassy. It's sunshiny, and cheerful, and sweet...and I'm salivating.

This is one to use sparingly - not that it's ovely strong, just that I want to keep it arond for a long, long time. :heart:

I love strawberries! This scent is exactly what I expected. In the bottle, it smells like strawberries and fresh mowed grass, but the second it touches my skin, it turns to cut strawberries sprinkled with sugar with a touch of the grass scent. It's not candyish to me, but it is a sweet strawberry smell. I LOVE it! The throw is medium to strong on me for the first 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then it settles close to my skin where only I and the few people (dh and kids) I let into my personal space can enjoy it. :heart: it, :heart: it, :heart: it!

Got this as a free smelly in a recent swap. It smells like a very sweet strawberry, almost sugared, with a hint of green underneath, like you'd find it in a garden under the sun. Might try to find an imp of this.

EDIT: Got a bottle of this in a recent swap. Can't wait to try it... if I could just get it open. There. In the bottle, I get really sweet strawberries, sugared, almost. On my skin, it's really, really sweet, sugared strawberries, with a hint of underlying green. And then it turns into... strawberry hairspray. What? Yeah. I think this is going to the swaps.

Edited by Venneh

First fragrance review!

I really wanted to try this and finally received a frimp of it with a purchase.

In the imp: sweet strawberry candy

Wet: similar to the scent in the imp but with a touch of the greenery thrown in

Dry: Less sweet now, I'm not really picking up on the sugar/sweetness. Smells like tart strawberries and maybe a bit of green stem. Not much throw.

I like the fragrance (prefer the wet stage), but not enough to chase it down.

I really like this oil, and I should wear it more. It's a very fresh, realistic and juicy strawberry. I don't get any noticeable greenery from it, but it isn't at all candy-sweet, so perhaps the other notes just make it smell more natural. It dries down to a strawberry juice and sugar scent. I find the dry down of this quite similar to High-Strung Daisies, although in their wet stages they're very different.

Edited by wickedpixie

This is great. In the bottle, it smells kind of like strawberry chewing gum. On the skin, it mellows out a little, but it still strong. I don't get much vanilla sugar or dandelion sap. Its straight strawberry. Which rocks.

Not much throw or life, but it is a great scent. :yum:

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

OM NOM NOM. :yum:

In the bottle, this is really realistic strawberries left in the fridge with a bit of sugar. It makes me want angel food cake! The funny part is that although I love berries, I am not a big fan of sweet foodie blends AT ALL. The is definitely more berry than foodie.

Drying down, the grass and dandelion come out in equal measure, maybe even drowning out the strawberry. It's a close-to-the-skin scent, and oddly, I'm finding I love it now in November. It's hard to be in a bad mood with this around- don't be sad winter's coming, you can smell like delicious summer any time you want!

Out of the bottle smells like fresh ripe strawberries surrounded by greenery, the green scent is lurking in the background

On my skin, the strawberry is much stronger and does have a more sweet or sugary smell to it.

I'm so happy I found a couple of bottles of this, I will make it last!

I wanted to try this one because I do love the smell of strawberries.

In decant: Okay, strawberry

Wet: Very sugary strawberry

Drydown: Now I’m getting a touch of grass in here.

Later: Very candy-like scent, which just isn’t me at all. I’m glad I got a decant of this to try, though!

WTF?!?!? how can I not have done a review for this! INCONCIEVABLE!

This was my birthday moon so that made me have to get it even more than the fact that it is strawberry!

Originally when I first got my bottle it was the truest strawberry I have ever smelled in a product. Wild and fresh strawberry with the green grass and a little bit of the sap.....OMG so good! I really slathered this about during the summer and I still have almost a whole bottle left.

Now when I open it to smell its the reverse! all green grass and sap with a hint of the strawberry. I'm not sure what its like on now as I havent worn it in awhile (I like to preserve this for summertime) but I'm sure its still delicious.

in the bottle: smells like preserved strawberries. overally sweet, juicy, yuuum.

wet on skin: sugar and strawberries. VERY sweet!

dry on skin: strawberries and more strawberries! Ok, now that it's dried down, I get a little of a grassy note, and it smells like like artifical strawberries. Think strawberry picking..

I'm so glad I tracked a bottle of this down. I have a feeling this will be my summer time scent :wub2:

In the bottle: strawberry juice. Wet on skin: strawberry Bubble Yum. Drying on skin: almost-fake strawberries and greenery.

Completely dry on skin: strawberry daiquiri, maybe with a hairspray edge?

I'm keeping Strawberry Moon in the hopes that the "strawberry juice" feel will last longer on my skin as it ages, although that's unlikely, or that more of the other notes will stay strong as they age, which is more likely. It's not bad as it is, I just really, really loved the beginning and the end was just okay; I want to see what happens down the road.

Unfortunately on me, for some reason or another, this is mostly summer grasses with a hint of strawberry and dandelion sap. My skin normally amps vanilla/sugary notes, but I didn't really get much at all, just a hint of sweetness. For some reason it's just very, very grassy on me and reminds me of fresh-cut grass after going over it with a lawnmower--great for some people, but just not for me.

This is such a beautiful scent, and very evocative for me. It reminds me of being little and running barefoot through the damp spring grass, with the warm sunlight on my skin and my hair flowing out behind me. :wub2:

While it's wet I get mainly juicy strawberries; not quite candy-like, but freshly-picked strawberries still damp from a quick rainshower. When the oil dries I get much more grass. On me it's not all green as it was on some of the other reviewers, but a perfect mix of green & sweet that makes me want to be 5 again. I need to track down a back-up bottle, I think!

In the imp - Sticky, wet and bursting with flavour! Yes flavour.... strawberry bubblegum! It's absolutly gorgeus, yet slightly artificial.

Wet - Woa what a metamorphis! This is now a dandelion and sugared strawberry salad that just keeps churning! I think the dandelion is a little too grassy, and that note is making the most emphasis at the moment. I never did like eating my greens very much... I hope the Vanilla and sugars can bring it back to sweetality!

Dry - Ah there it is! A sugar spun strawberry vanilla cordial! I have made smoothies like this before. I really do just want to lick my wrist, or at least press my nose up against it forever.

Verdict - I need a bottle! And I think I should try the original, if I can find it.

Starts out as yummy syrupy dessert. Quickly turns to mainly grass. Temporary sadface. Until I realize that the strawberry is still there, just more authentic and fresh smelling. Like you picked on off with the vine still attached and pulled it in half and sniffed it. That sweet, tart strawberry scent lingering with grasses is gorgeous.

That said, my friend told me I smelled like a scented candle.

In the bottle -- to me, this scent smells exactly like homemade strawberry jam. The sort that my Mother-In-Law combines with double cream to fill her scones. It's making me salivate. Wow, om nom.

On me -- I can really smell the sugar and combined with the ripe, juicy, salacious scent of the strawberries it makes for one sweet blend. As it happens I adore sweet blends and so I think this one is not only a definite keeper, but also I may need at least one more bottle. Gorgeous!

This is a remarkably realistic scent; to me, this is straight-up strawberries just picked from the brambles with a hint of sugar (actual sugar, not the sweetly cloying note BPAL sugar usually turns into), and a kind of earthy-natural scent that I assume is the dandelion sap--makes me think of freshly mowed lawns, personally. This one is also notable for me because it does not morph at all; what I smell in the bottle is what happens on my skin. Lurrrrrve.

I've been into fruity here altely, so I thought this might be perfect for me. I di dnot want an articifial smelling too strong strawberyr though, so I was a bit worried. First applied, this is strong strawberry, so my hopes werent high. Dry though? Gawjus. Its a strawberry breeze, with a definite dandelion and vanilla sugar edge. I like this verra much =)

In the decant: Dandelion! It's a very green smell with no hint of strawberry.

Wet: Still very green with a hint of strawberry. Not sure if I like this.

Dry: Oh there you are strawberry. This dries down to a sugary strawberry with a slight vanilla background.

I think I like this, at least I'll give it a couple more tries before I decide anyway. Thankfully the green notes fade pretty quick on me because it's not pleasant.