Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheDarkMother

Decadence

I got this as a half full imp from a friend, so I'm not sure how old the imp is. I'll give it my best shot at a review though.

Sniff: I smell almonds, cherry, orange, and cinnamon. The cherry and almond smell are really strong, and I would have missed the other two notes if I didn't sniff twice.

On the skin: Citrusy. The orange becomes more prominent and mixes with the cherry smell. It's almost amaretto at this point. I'm not catching much of the cinnamon, other than there is an undertone of spiciness. Once it dries down, it goes through this morphing process and becomes like a citrus powder.

Verdict: not an everyday scent (amaretto tends to not work for me), but definately nice for when I want to girlie myself up.

at first: super sweet almonds or cherries.

on: this is even sweeter now. this totaly reminds me of maraschino cherry juice.

1.5 hours later: lighter. there's something powdery to this. it isn't as overtly sweet.

3 hours later: my skin seems to be eating this oil. it's just vaguely sweet now.

4.5 hours later: still vaguely sweet, but pretty nondescript.

overall: i'm glad i was able to try this one out, but it didn't really do anything for me.

I definitely smell cinnamon. There's also some sweetness to Decadence. That part gets sweeter on my skin, and it's not a pleasant sweetness. This has also taken on a play-doh tinge. Overall, Decadence+me = bad. Will swap this one.

Decadence

Smells like maraschino cherries at first. Then, a bit of spiciness appears. It ends up being a strange spicy-orange on me. I like spicy orange, it just doesn't seem to fit the idea of decadence in my mind. It's definitely a good autumn/winter scent, though. It's warm and cozy.

I've been meaning to try this forever. I somehow got it into my head that it would smell like citrus and clove. Not sure where I heard that...

In the imp: Citrus, and some sort of spice. Maybe clove, but that could be wishful thinking.

Wet: Citrus and burning plastic. Must be cinnamon, which always smells like burnt plastic on me. (Though my boyfriend says it smells really nice.)

Dry: More of the same. I bet this would be great if I could smell cinnamon like a normal person does.

Oh this is good..really, really gooood!!

In the vial, nothing out of the ordinary, citrus, a little sour.

But the dry down? On me it was a spiced creamsicle mmmm I'm really hoping this makes it to the GC sometime in the future!

ETA 6/12/10: WOW my first review of this was Sept 2006! And in June 2010 I got the chance to own a bottle of it since it appeared at the Trunk Show :D Testing from my recently acquired bottle I do detect some almond at first, but it has all but gone away leaving orange... soap. :P This might be another one I'll need to wait to wear until after my pregnancy. Damn my skin chemistry turning some oils into soap!!

Edited by Midnight Aeval

In Bottle: Almond and citrus

On Skin: This is neat! I smell the sweet cherry like note of almond, and also a tart and slightly bitter orange peel. There’s a little spice, maybe cinnamon? Oh! This is quite yummy! There is a creamy backnote… this smells like a dessert of some sort that I know I have had but can’t exactly place. I get a bit of a Dana Oshee feel from this mixed with orange… it has that sweet grain and creamy feel of Dana. While I love thiss cent, the orange turns me off a bit. I wouldn’t wear it but I’d love to use it as a room scent. It’s prefect for the holidays, nice and comforting and warm. It has a light throw and short to average wearlength.

Wow, I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this, as I try it again whenever I find anyone who has an imp of it...:P Decadence is one of my most coveted unreleased scents...it is the sweet candy scent to cherries and almonds and candied citrus - absolutely decadent and delightful. Please Beth, won't you release this someday? :D

Decadence - This is a gorgeous scent from the first whiff in the vial throughout the life of the scent. It opens up with almond/orange/cream top notes, but as the blend begins to warm up on my skin, the slightest hint of cinnamon becomes noticeable. As the oil dries down, the almond disappears (as it always does on my skin) and the cinnamon starts to become more noticeable and eventually becomes the dominant note, although I can still smell orange and cream underneath. One of the other reviewers noted that on drydown it was "spiced creamsicle" on her, and I really couldn't say it any better myself. It has a moderate level of throw and the staying power is a little below average, but wow, if this were ever released as a 5 ml, I'd buy it up in a heartbeat! It makes me so sad when I fall in love with a hard-to-find unreleased blend like Decadence!

This is straight cinnamon and almonds on me, with something woods-y in the background.

Hmm. After the drydown the almond fades a bit and it's kind of nice. Still unsure about this one. I'm tested out today, so I'll try again later and edit this review.

Edited by talula_fairie

on me decadence is at first all almond. but it quickly becomes a more citrussy almond blend. there's maybe some amber backing it. It was nice that the almond calmed down and behaved itself.

Hmm. A pink oil. I bet I will like this.

Well, whaddya know. Yes, I do like it. The almond is pretty strong at first, but as usual the almond isn't quite so strong after it's dry. A previous reviewer said that it smells like a spiced creamsicle (orange and creamy with some spice), and that's what it smells like on me too. I like it. When it's released I'd like to get some.

First off, I should be shot. I have had this for quite some time and I have put it aside thinking it was some chocolate scent.

Initially in the vial I do detect the almonds, but the almond scent does not last long. As the scent dries down on my skin, I am left with this spicy ( a hint of cinnamon) , slightly sweet scent. I would have to say this fragrance is truly decandent and I can only hope that Beth will one day release it one day to bought in bottles. This scent should be shared with everyone, especially those who love spicy scents. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would definitely give it a 5.

almonds, cinammon and citrus! love this (and so does my husband). makes me think of lemon cake and cinnamon pinwheel cookies ;p this is a keeper - too bad it was just an imp! I want more! ::cries::

BAM! At first I thought I smelled dragon's blood, but then I realized it was probably a combination of almonds and citrus (though I have to admit that early in the wet stage this scent went through a coca-cola 'Love Me' like phase so I wonder if there isn't just a bit of db in this one). The almond is the stronger of the two notes and very cherry. In fact, this blend reminds me a lot of the TAL love perfume Amor. It's an extremely bright and happy scent in its early stage, and doesn't really morph much on my skin and I really can't tell the difference between this and Amor. There is no cinnamon that comes out on my skin at all at first, but the scent makes a major morph after about 20 minutes, and I can now see where people are getting the cinnamon from. It's a nice cinnamon--not quite as strong as my favorite, Three Witches, but that doesn't make it less compelling. This is another really pretty blend, and I can see why it has so many devotees. :P

In the bottle: Heavy, dense, syrupy almond

Skin: Almond and orange

Dry: Orange, just a tiny bit of cinnamon (this isn't ow burny cinnamon at all) and maybe root beer or cola?! Either way, it smells like a soda. Sugary and rich. I loves it!

I got to test Decadence at the M n' S today; for some reason, I thought it was going to be chocolate (I guess that's my idea of decadent! :P ), but it is almond pound-cake with amaretto sauce. Almond can turn to cherry for some people, but on me it generally does not. It stayed truly almond and reminded me of Dana O'Shee in a more aggressive mood. I like Dana's softness, so while I'm glad to have tested it, I'll not be too sad if Decadence remains unreleased.

I love Decadence. If I could afford a bottle, I would slather myself in it day in and day out. To my nose, this is a base of sweet orange, almond, and possibly cherries. It's girly and fun, almost lickable. Decadence smells like candy on the skin! There is a hint of something lurking in the background that I can't put my finger on, but for the most part it's icky sticky fun. Yummy.

At the beginning, I was quite enjoying this. I smelled maraschino cherries and almond. As it dried, I get a certain amount of creaminess and yes, it does put me in mind of Dana O'Shee - milk/cream and almonds. And maybe, a hint of cinnamon? It must have cinnamon or some other blend because it's a red color, the kind I associated with dragon's blood resin. However, I get an almost play-doh overlay to it with the maraschino cherry hint, and it's not all that pleasant.

Interesting... but I wasn't a fan of Dana O'Shea and the almond here is trying to beat me into submission.

Almonds and spice to me. Maybe allspice? This is sweet. I think I'm getting amber in here too, as there seems to be a hint of powder. I like it, but I'm not in love with it.

I received a partial decant of this and it's very sweet. My 11 year old 3rd cousin spent part of her summer vacation with me and when she smelled this she said "Red KoolAid Powder!" Yep, I have to agree with her. :D

I've been wanting to review this one for ages, so I'm really psyched to get a chance to try it!

In Imp: Rich almond, spice, and chocolate. We are so on the right track so far. I know some people hate almond, even if I don't really get why, I couldn't love it more. It's such a warm, unique note. Maybe it's all in having really good childhood memories of my mom's almond shortbread at Christmas. Mmmm. That's what this reminds me of off the bat.

Wet: Continues to be rich, spiced almond. It's a little more faded than I expected. A little cinnamon too, but thankfully not overwhelming.

Dry: There's a little citrus, lots of almond, and a touch of cinnamon. I wish this didn't fade so fast, but it's really nice all the same.

Edited by Whisperstilled

I was lucky enough to nab a bottle from eBay.

In the bottle it smells like marzipan and tangerine - a bit like an almond and orange cake. Wet on the skin it is very much the same, sweet and very lightly spiced. To me, it smells like Frangelico would be if it were made with almonds, not hazlenuts. It wears pretty close to the skin, and as it dries down it becomes much more subtle, blending seamlessly with my natural scent. It's almost as if it has a skin musk note in it, without being the usual BPAL skin musk note that makes me feel sick. I like it very much, and it's actually very subtle while still being decadent.