Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
moonstonemama

Velvet Nudie

Skin musk and flowering sugar cane.

I had super high hopes for Velvet Nudie, but when the description said 'skin musk and flowering sugar cane', my skin only heard the flowering part. It was all harsh, sharp, white floral. No skin musk of love, nothing sweet like sugar cane, just the loudest, angriest, crawl-up-and-stab-your-sinuses soapiest white flowers. I had to wash it off, and I almost never have to wash anything bpal off.

This is lovely. It's lightly musky, it almost smells like nothing at all--is that the nudie part? If anything, I'd say it's slightly lemony. I wish I had bought a bottle of this when it was available.

In imp: O for party!

On me: Lesd O more gloser but the skin is there! I lovethis.

Edited by miaa

In the bottle - Almost nothing and then a faint/citrusy floral

Wet on me - A cool lemony floral

Dry on me - A clean fuzzy lightly sweet skin musk

Overall - Very faint on me, didn't make an impact

Wet: Clean, citrusy. A bit sweet. I don't think I have ever really been able to identify skin musk in anything before, it's quite interesting and not what I was expecting, but I can smell it in this too. The clean citrus is dominant though. There's a sexy, musky smell, covered over by clean lemon. It's like someone cleaned a room to clear the odour of sex from it, and didn't quite succeed...that's right, I know what you've been up to :cool:

Dry: Much the same, not a morpher on me. The scent of sex, overlaid with clean lemons. Not entirely sure how I feel about it. Super glad to have tried it though!

I must be the only one not getting the super floral from this! In the bottle it smells very clean as it does on the skin. The skin musk reminds me SO much of the one in Coraline Jones but a bit sweeter and sexier. I get a hint of floral but mostly just a gorgeous sexy skin musk. I love it. I just wish it were a bit sweeter? Like a sugared skin musk how they did The Twins in Carnival (Hope and Faith)

This one was all clean skin musk on me, all of the time. I was so hoping the sugar cane would show up to add some sweet warmth to the scent, but alas. It was MIA on me.

It was nice to be able to try it, but I know I wouldn't wear this over Neutral, so this one went off to swaps.