Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Geranium!

So, I realise how much I miss geranium - such an underused note in BPAL - while wearing Stress Relief Elixir today. I've tested or know of several blends with geranium (I would especially prefer rose geranium), but many of them have notes that I dislike.

Deep in Earth - can't do soil

Garden Path with Chickens - I *loved* this but it went to soap :(

Goneril - can't do cedar

Kostnice - dry soap

Ligeia - JASMINE attack

Madame Tracy - this should have been wonderful, but it was cloying sweet POWDER

Melpomeme - it wasn't bad, but too masculine for me

Margeurite - a lot of stuff in this scares me (myrrh, tuberose, ylang ylang, eek);I'm thinking heady, soapy floral

Pepper - I have an imp of this and I like it, but it does go a bit soapy on me

Rage - can't do black amber or dragon's blood

Sed Non Satiata - soapy tuberose and I am not a fan of red patchouli

Vicomte De Valmont - I like this, but it's too manly for personal wear

I don't like smoky things, dark resins (light ones are good though!) or incense notes generally, and I don't like spices (except ginger), dry/warm scents (cedar, rosewood, most sandalwood, etc). The only amber I like is white amber. I don't like really sweet or foody stuff. So...thoughts on the few officially geranium-inclusive scents I haven't tried? And are there any stealth geranium scents I should check out?

I'm a geranium fan too!

I think one of the big showcase rose geranium scents was Longing from last years Lupercalias (rose geranium, frankincense, Ceylon cinnamon, golden musk, bay rum, and bois du rose). I get a real 'warm sunlit geranium' waft, and it does a brilliant job of lifting my mood.

Trouble - Yay! Maybe if we all chime in, we'll get a Geranium Moon. :D

I'm a geranium fan too!

I think one of the big showcase rose geranium scents was Longing from last years Lupercalias (rose geranium, frankincense, Ceylon cinnamon, golden musk, bay rum, and bois du rose). I get a real 'warm sunlit geranium' waft, and it does a brilliant job of lifting my mood.

I never tried it because geranium and musk are the only two notes in there that I like...:\

Is the cinnamon detectable? And how dry does the rosewood go?

Any suggestions I have probably have to be tempered w/the fact that I really amp geranium - although I do love the smell, I sometimes don't like blends with it because I basically turn them into single-note geranium.

Two that I don't see on your "tried" list - Winter Stress Relief, while not the ideal perfume for many, is a really yummy mint-geranium blend. The oil is hard to find but the bath oil from this past holiday season might be a little easier to get your hands on. Ephemera was pretty much all violet and geranium on me, like a green violet blend (the notes are violet, chamomile, muguet, white geranium, calla lily, tea rose, and "a hint of" autumn leaves).

I never tried it because geranium and musk are the only two notes in there that I like...:\

Is the cinnamon detectable? And how dry does the rosewood go?

Whatever makes cinnamon 'Ceylon' I think also makes it significantly less harsh, less hot, less foody, and more golden somehow. When your post brought Longing to mind, it wasn't until I tracked down the notes that I even recalled it had cinnamon in it.

And I wouldn't describe it as dry at all. It's a big scent, lots of throw and there is no mistaking the rose geranium. It's the star of the show.

Any suggestions I have probably have to be tempered w/the fact that I really amp geranium - although I do love the smell, I sometimes don't like blends with it because I basically turn them into single-note geranium.Two that I don't see on your "tried" list - Winter Stress Relief, while not the ideal perfume for many, is a really yummy mint-geranium blend. The oil is hard to find but the bath oil from this past holiday season might be a little easier to get your hands on. Ephemera was pretty much all violet and geranium on me, like a green violet blend (the notes are violet, chamomile, muguet, white geranium, calla lily, tea rose, and "a hint of" autumn leaves).
Stress Relief Elixir is what inspired this post. :DEphemera sounds promising if it's mostly geranium and violet, thanks!
I never tried it because geranium and musk are the only two notes in there that I like...:\Is the cinnamon detectable? And how dry does the rosewood go?
Whatever makes cinnamon 'Ceylon' I think also makes it significantly less harsh, less hot, less foody, and more golden somehow. When your post brought Longing to mind, it wasn't until I tracked down the notes that I even recalled it had cinnamon in it.And I wouldn't describe it as dry at all. It's a big scent, lots of throw and there is no mistaking the rose geranium. It's the star of the show.
This is exactly what I needed to know...that does sound very promising indeed. Thank you. :)

Sign in to follow this