Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

The Zieba Tree

A massive tree that held, in its lowest boughs, a nest of bare-breasted men and women. The souls sprawled within the Zieba Tree's branches were trapped in reverie, lost for all eternity in their fantasies.

A dreamlike, listless scent, misty and hazed, with wisps of white sandalwood, eddying musks the colors of eventide, shimmering pale resins, davana, lemon blossom, orange blossom, and white peach.

Sniffing the imp, it's predominantly sandalwood and lemon blossom.

This is a very light, girly scent on my skin. It's definitely a floral based oil, but the throw is light enough that it doesn't leave me with a headache like some of the stronger floral blends do.

I can pick out the lemon and orange blossom notes and light musk as soon as the oil is applied to my skin. The peach note emerges after the oil has dried down and I just love how it blends into the floral notes.

Ooo-this is super pretty in the imp! The musks, lemon blossom, orange blossom, and white peach are the most obvious to my nose. Soft and lovely! I'm not noticing too much sandalwood or resin.

Oh, this is sooo gorgeous! Musky fruity florals! So beautiful. Almost reminds me of a more citrussy Hanami, as odd as that sounds!

The only downside of this blend is that it fades rather fast. And if you were looking for a sandalwoody or resiny blend, you may be disappointed, since I scarcely noticed those notes. To me this was a beautiful musky sweet fruity floral-if you like lemon/orange blossom and peach, you really have to try this! My favorite of the garden so far!

This is just beautiful. It's very light and upon first application I feared it was going to go straight to laundry detergent on me, but oh...as it dries, it's so pretty. Very gentle orange and lemon blossom and peach, grounded by musk and the lightest of sandalwoods. It's delicate and feminine and perfect for springtime. Not much throw--this one whispers rather than yells. Gorgeous!

imp: this is really light, very slightly fruity.

wet: this is a light grass scent once applied, but very soft and nice. i'm not getting any fruit at all.

dry: there's the fruit, it's wonderfully soft along with the grassy scent. quite lovely.

i ordered an imp sixpack of the new GC scents, with the intent to split most of 'em with a forum friend... so i wasn't looking at the scent descriptions when i was doing up her half-imps, i was just sniffing things as i came to them.

i was SO excited when i sniffed this one that i had to skin test it right then. this is so, so lovely! i couldn't wait to let it settle so i could review it! now that i've been wearing it for an hour and have decided that i MUST have a bottle of this ASAP.... i come in here and read the description and i'm so confused. because based on the notes, i have no idea how i'm smelling what i am.

peach tends to go icky on me, as does orange blossom. but apparently everything else is strong enough to fight off the ick because i LOVE this.

fans of Berenice, The Premature Burial, Oblivion, Epitaph - and TP'd Tree - should seriously give this one a sniff. :lovestruck:

In the bottle: Very pale yellow oil. Clean, fresh and bright. Lightly sweet and floral, with beautiful citrus. Sandalwood provides a slightly sharp, dry edge, but pleasantly so. This is both aquatic and airy, very much misty, and I get a bit of ozone.

Wet: More tart citrus, such gorgeous lemon blossom! The orange blossom is very light, and I don't get any white peach (usually syrupy on me). The sandalwood is more cologney, less sharp. More resins, but they're very light. This reminds me of a tarter/brighter Ether.

Dry: Amping, wow! That lemon blossom is strong, but not too strong, and the sweet, floral davana has come out more, giving this a sort of pink feel. I can detect a tiny hint of peach if I sniff very closely. Musks and resins have majorly emerged, yum!

Later: This just gets more and more tart-citrusy over time - not in that Lemon Pledge of Doom way, but a very natural, light, juicy way. Musks and resins have amped further. Davana holding - the main sweetening agent - still very little peach. Sandalwood is a bit dusty.

Summary: Very bright and refreshing, but also airy and resiny in a comforting manner. Juicy lemon blossom, resins, and holy sexy MUSK dominate in the end, with a bit of sweet davana and dry-sharp sandalwood. Unisex, though it's great on me. Good throw & lasting power.

Definitely a bottle buy. I am so impressed by these new RG scents!

In bottle/imp: White flowers with a touch of warmth and a hint of lemon.

Immediately on skin: This smells like white, soapy flowers on my skin and actually makes my nose tickle a little bit. There’s a little bit of lemon and peach in this, but mostly it’s just white flowery soap.

After a little while: This really doesn’t change much on my skin, except that the lemon comes out a little bit more. It smells like white flowery soap with just a bit of lemon and a tiny breath of peach. It’s very clean and airy.

Overall Impressions: I was expecting this scent to be a much more complex scent, but it’s rather drab on me and makes my nose tickle. It’s very soapy smelling on my skin with white flowers and a little lemon and peach. I don’t get any sandalwood or musks at all.

straight sniff from imp is lush, a heady, white floral musk...

once applied this is very full bodied...it is quite gorgeously perfumey...

blossomy....

excellent throw without being over-intoxicating....a beauty

The first thing I noticed about this was how 'clean' it smelled. It was very sweet and strong and rather like air freshener but in a good way. Sadly, this did not agree with my chemistry :cry2:

It turned into cologne (men's cologne!) then disappeared. Waaaa!

ETA: A week later I tried this and it was actually kind of nice- this might be a skin chemistry sensitive scent. It's still clean and musky but not as sharp now. I'll keep my imp :)

Edited by Yoginispirit

This is a very clean, very white floral sort of blend. I got the lemon blossom, and something that smelled faintly of apples. It was very airy and very refreshing. I can see this going 'cleanser/linen sheets' on people though.

But if it works for you, it's a nice, light refreshing blend.

I thought that I liked all of the notes in this, but it's really not working for me. Mostly I get a sharp, musky perfume smell, like a cheap musk and white floral drugstore perfume. As it dries down, it lightens up quite a bit, but it also starts going soapy & lemony on my skin. I don't care for it at all, but it does lighten up and fade fast on my skin, thankfully.

I don't often wear clean type fragrances, and I'm not really fond of lemon, so The Zieba Tree isn't a keeper for me.

When I read the scent description, I knew this was one I needed to try ASAP. I'm also stymied on trying to encapsulate the experience in words - spending a good chunk of the day with my nose on my wrist confirmed my love for it, but did not give me particularly adequate descriptors to use here.

So. This stuff, it is beautiful. It really does almost shimmer - the resins and sandalwood and musk don't weigh the scent down. On me it's mostly lemon and orange blossoms, with a hint of sweetness in the background that seems to be from the peach/davana combo. The resins/sandalwood seem to be there only to make sure that the scent actually lasts on my skin (and it did last for a good five hours before I felt like I needed to reapply). The musks just 'sexy it up' a bit. I don't know specifically what musks are in there, but I can pretty much definitively say that if there is any red musk, it's completely drowned out by everything else (red musk = guaranteed F- on my skin).

To sum up: citrus-y, soft, sexy/clean (yes, both and at the same time), slightly out of focus, and glorious. Those are the words that this scent brings to mind. It's amazing and I'll be snagging a bottle ASAP.

The Zieba Tree - This doesn't work for me at all. It's mostly a white sandalwood and soap scent on me, with a hint of sweet florals and light musks, but mostly, it's a soapy scent.

This is a kind of wispy, ethereal scent. A little fruit here, a little floral there, a little musk to ground the blend. I think I will hang on to the imp and see how it ages. I like it right now, but not enough for a bottle. There's potential for later greatness though :D

The Zieba Tree

Oh, Zieba Tree... how I want to love you. In the vial, it's a bright fruit-tree blossoms. On my skin it smells like shampoo. It's one of those fruity-florals that smells like that one thing... it's on the tip of your tongue, but you can't find the name. It's a bright, happy scent. I just don't like it on me.

This is magical. This scent...is strong...but ethereal. I don't know what to say about it other than it is wonderful...so glad that I got an imp to love and cherish. :wub2:

This smells... like the Dove conditioner my mom uses. As soon as I sniffed it on my skin, I went to the bathroom to compare the two. They smell exactly alike. It's that soapy, floral, clean scent that's just too much to handle as a perfume. Will be passing this one on.

In the Imp: Hmm, apple maybe? It's suuuper light in the imp, I can't really smell anything. Granny Smith apple.

Wet: Perfumey apple. Still light and not really sweet. I can't really smell anything else; maybe a breath of greenery. It's very pretty; not my kind of scent, but I do like it.

Dry: Much of the same, only stronger. Not bad at all!

Out of 10: 6

Ha, I just retried La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente and was thinking, "Hmmm, this reminds me of an Herbal Essences shampoo, in a delicious way." Then I dabbed The Zieba Tree on and lolled because I had the exact same reaction to THAT ONE.

Actually, once it dries, The Zieba Tree reminds me of a perfume I had when I was a lot younger; it's sweet and fruity and just a tiny bit floral. Whatever resins are in there behave themselves and there is no powder that I can find.

The only downside is that it gets a little soapy as it finishes drying, but not overwhelmingly so. I guess lemon and orange blossoms are florals my skin can deal with.

Overall, it's a really gentle, pretty scent that would be perfect for the first parts of spring. I think it might be a little TOO pretty for me to wear, but it is definitely appealig.

In the imp: Pretty, fairy tale peach scent.

Wet: Wow, I don't think there's a BPAL scent quite like this one at all. I instantly like this. It's mildly fruity with a misty feel to it. The description is perfect...it's exactly what I imagine while sniffing this one. This sort of reminds me of a really nice shampoo my mother used to get when I was a kid. I wish I could remember the brand. This doesn't smell soapy at ALL, just clean and pretty. I already love this.

Dry: Just as gorgeous dry as it was wet. Again, mild fruit and mist against a base of sandalwood and gentle musk. This becomes a bit powdery as this dries (amber?) but not so much where it's unwearable.

Overall: I can see this one becoming really popular. It's unlike any BPAL scent I've tried and is just PRETTY, plain and simple :) I can see myself wearing this scent for the rest of the summer and during the spring months. :wub2:

It's weird how much this one smells like the Delirium I'm trying on my other arm - I keep going back and forth between the two and there's not much difference to my nose. A fruity, sweet scent with nothing really coming to the fore - smells like a nice shampoo or soap.

I'm discovering dominant sandalwood is not my friend. This smells very fake and generic man's cologne to me. Off to swaps.

this smells sweet and light in the imp with a touch of musk and lemon blossom. on my skin, it's mostly cool ozoney-musks, which is so not my type of scent. i was hoping the musks would be warmer, or like white musk. that combined with a VERY subtle peach nd all the other notes could've been perfect on my skin, but all i seem to get is a slightly masculine cool musk.

In the imp: Mmm...really high-end shampoo. :smilenod:

On wet: Clean, clean, clean! Watery, with just a hint of something floral - again, it brings to mind some gorgeously expensive bath product. Niiiiice!

Drydown: This is *so* clean, so cool, so fresh, it's like I'm in taking a bubble bath. In a lake. While it's raining ever so softly. And pale flowers are floating all around. And the breeze is mild and equally fragrant. Very pretty and evocative...though a tad too perfumey for my taste, heh. The peach eventually peeps out from beneath all those blossoms and well-blended notes, but it's majorly overshadowed by the primary players.

Overall: Quite a heady fragrance, though it maintains a lightness that's very appealing. Reminds me quite a bit of 51 - in feeling, rather than scent similarity. Both are glittery, perfumey, floral-fruit-white resin compositions, and I think both could pass for complex commercial scents (in a good way, mind :P). Not sure if a bottle is in my future, as I already have 51 to see to this particular olfactory niche, but I will absolutely be keeping and using my imp. 3/5

Origin: Fresh from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: This was one of those shot-in-the-dark choices to round out an imp pack. The descriptions of light musk and light sandalwood appealed as they don't tend to amp on me.

In the Vial: Light and crystalline, shimmery and sparkly. My mental image is of a chilly mountain stream, with the moving water flashing beautifully in the sun. The fruit and fruit blossoms are there, but crisp rather than sweet.

Wet: Lightly musky and more floral than in the vial. That sparkling stream is now in the woods thanks to the resins.

Drydown: The lemon blossom turns more lemony and starts clashing a bit with the musks. It's not a horrible clash, but it's no longer as pretty as it was on me.

Verdict: I'll probably try it in a scent locket, but I don't think I'll be buying a bottle.