Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ravenfeathers

The Lotus Tree

Honey-sweet and soporific.

Spicy warmness.

No honey or sweetness yet ... it's slightly soapy and a little woodsy.

Makes me think naughty things, and I think I like it.

In imp: very pretty floral

Wet: Lotus, sharp and sweet. I’m not getting any of the honey that other people have reports. Quite a throw on this as well!

Drydown: Okay, it’s calming down, but is still a piercing floral.

Later: this has lasted for quite awhile! I’ve got a lot of other floral scents, so I’m not yet sure if I’d get a bottle, but I’ll certainly use up this imp. Probably best worn in early summer? Oh, and it does make me sleepy!

Imp: vaguely sweet, vaguely floral, vaguely fruity

Wet on Skin: suddenly, HONEY! But a very wearable honey, and honey notes don’t always work on me- I suspect white honey. It’s the nice nectar-sweetness, not the concentrated bee-honey sweetness.

Drydown: back to being vaguely sweet, a really nice gourmand skin scent. Not much throw but I bet this would be great to sleep with. A very wearable, non-powdery, non-soapy floral! I don't understand at all why this isn't more popular.

Honey! Straight up sweet honey! After a bit the honey dries down and I get a floral. Flowers and honey. A nice combination. I wish the honey was a bit stronger though.

The Lotus Tree - This is a very sweet honey mixed with a heavy, white floral. The honey is ultra-sweet and the artificial smelling and the floral is bright and piercing. There's a powdery feel to it, too, as if there's a hint of musk in the blend. Overall, it's a very perfumey scent that just isn't working for me.

In the imp: honey, and something else sweet.

On me: unfortunately, the honey disappears entirely. What's left must be the lotus note, and it goes straight to that pink-flavored bubble gum. The kind that doesn't have any specific flavor listed, it's just pink? Yeah, that's where this scent went.

Tossing that one into the swaps box.

Frimp from the Lab. Another I tested before reading any reviews/the description.

I probably wouldn't have ordered this; honey and lotus both being sweeter than I like without something to ground them. But I didn't even get honey from this. Florals, sweet sweet florals, maybe a bit of fruit. Very bright, and stronger than I like.

This one's just not for me.

Honey? Lotus?

I'm pretty familiar with both of those notes, and this doesn't smell like either of them on me.

It smells like a stinging floral perfume of the 70s, like something with poppy in it. Exactly like that. No honey, no sweet bubblegum lotus.

I'm beginning to think something has gone awry with my skin chemistry lately because nothing I've been testing recently has been working for me very well. :(

On: This is interesting. I feel like I'm smelling pine or maybe something citrussy, with something smooth and almost-sweet underneath.
Half an hour in: Sort of a very, very herbal honey. Not very sweet.
2.5 hours in: A soft, powdery honey. Sweeter than wet.
Overall: I'm not sure what to make of this one. It's just OK on me.

Wet: *GASP* A lotus scent that doesn't make my skin crawl! I love the greenery in this. It's a perfect balance. It smells like it belongs in the Apiary section. Wet sweet green honey with touches of lotus and something that smells like a white floral? Maybe that's my skin.. uhm.

Drydown: it becomes faint and sweet with white florals. Similar to oleander honey on my skin.

Oh yes-definitely honey in this-honey with something more dark and sinister underneath-maybe a bit incensey?

On my skin this is definitely still a lot of honey, over something sort of herbal/piney. Or maybe floral? I dunno...it's very hard to tell exactly what's there. Yeah, definitely florals. Also, a touch powdery to me. Hopefully wont dry too powdery.

Honestly, this sort of just ended up drying to a a pleasant, but unexciting honey on me. Didn't go too powdery. Pretty much just light honey with maybe a touch of something green/herby? Nice, but there are just too many other bpal honey blends I love for this to be something I would purchase.

A frimp I only got around to testing now.

Opening the bottle: It somehow reminds me of the church cologne that they use in Greek orthodox churches? I have no idea how to describe it, but sweet and heavy.

On my skin: I can smell the honey, but mostly it is something else - lotus, judging from other reviews. :P Soporific indeed! It makes me want to curl up somewhere warm and nice and sleep. It gets a tad sharper after a couple of minutes (less sweet and lethargic, that is), with a more...wood-y edge? It recedes soon enough, however, and I'm back to the sweet smell that makes me want to sleep - I have no problem with that though, I love sleeping, heh.

Cooldown: Same as before, but less cloying. I smell the honey more now, too.

Overall: I think I will reserve this for lazy evenings sprawled in my lover's arms, and then falling asleep.. <3

How odd. In the imp the honey and lotus are heavy and sweet and sticky. I really love it! Lotus and honey are two really lovely notes, when honey works that is. As it dries this stays pretty close to form, but the honey kind of takes over a bit and the lotus becomes less recognizable. Once dry the honey has stopped being really sticky sweet and instead becomes a touch powdery and the lotus appears more, helping the powderiness along. It is a bit too subdued for me when dry. I preferred this wet when the lotus and honey were robust and lovely, in that stage this scent was very reminiscent of the honey-heavy Door and Osun, but with lotus and honey opposed to chamomile and herbal honey. Unfortunately I will probably let this go and go with Lotus Moon or Black Lotus for my lotus kicks and Door and Osun for honey.

In the Imp (ITI): Honey, lotus, and something slightly citrusy.

Wet: Bubblegum, honey, and musk produce a hazily sweet scent.

Dry: As it begins to dry, I get a hint of lemon, powdery overtones.

Skin tested today ----------> Pure Honey & Lotus :wub:

Ohw and yes, it is super powdery !!

Need bottle ;)

Edited by lunaticana

On my skin, lotus can either be terribly cloying, or sophisticated and lovely. It's simply gorgeous here, its sweet womanly perfume enhanced by golden honey notes. Not overstated, a bit powdery but in a nice way. This may end up on my bottle list. For fans of Glowing Vulva or The Flower Song.

For once, lotus is playing nice on my skin and the honey isn't overwhelming although it is quite sweet.

I swear I'm getting opium poppy off this and it's balancing out the sweet notes with a heavy, languid warmth.

Honestly, I was prepared to dislike this one from the word lotus in the name alone so I'm pleased and surprised to be liking it quite a bit.

Light, sweet floral honey. Lotus, it turns out, is a floral note I can wear, and this is a very good lotus, heady and sweet and honied without being cloying. It's like a lighter version of one of the Apiary scents, perfect for wearing in summer.

Sadly, after about two hours the lovely honied floral fades to a more powdery/watery floral, and shortly after that it fades entirely.

On the wand, oh. Hey. Waaaay sweet honey, and then bing! Pink lotus.

On my skin, the lotus is now stronger than the honey, and extremely pink! This is the pink fruity lotus that sometimes bubblegums, and it’s doing that some here, but I still love the stuff. It’s pretty and full of play and joy, la-la-la. Honeyed pink lotus.

I’ll probably bottle this. Oh, why is it out of stock?

In the imp: A sweet, soft floral. This doesn't appear to be the bubblegum-y variety of lotus, but testing may show otherwise.

Wet: Yep. This still reads as a sweet floral, and it doesn't remind me of bubblegum at all. Alas, it quickly veered into soap territory. Maybe that will change once it dries?

Dry: The floral is now sweeter, thanks to the emergence of the honey. This unfortunately still smells somewhat soapy on me, although it's not as soapy as before. I do not get any actual 'tree' aspect to this scent (no wood or leaves)... just lotus tinged with honey.

Verdict: Lotus and I aren't generally friends, and while this one didn't end up being too sweet on me, it sadly ventured into The Soap Kingdom. I'm glad to have gotten to try this scent inspired by Tennyson's poem, though!