Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
persianmouse

Revenge

So, a lovely little robin gifted me this lovely little UNRELEASED PROTOTYPE Room Spray. I have no idea if it will ever be released to the general populace.

This one was a real morpher. In the imp, I get lots of hairspray and skin musk, and it amused me that revenge would smell like a pissed-off goth teenager. Then, after I dab a bit of it on a tissue, it morphs into something real soft and pretty, but lethal at the same time. Like a lady in a parlor, smiling in a seemingly innocuous manner over her teacup at woman who doesn't know she's her enemy, nor the peril she is in. Delicate cruelty. Soft ruthlessness. But justified at the same time. Also, there was a touch of something like baby powder (but in a good way), which made me lol. Revenge is I get you pregnant! Haha! Your womb is filled with my revenge!

HAHAREVENGE.gif

I'll admit it, this one is very "eh" to me. It's kinda sweet, kinda floral but nothing really outstanding. Maybe several spritzes around a room and that would give me a better impression of it, but right now it's so-so.

This is a herbally, musky, perfumey blend. And every aspect is STRONG, aggressive and overpowering. The name suits this scent very well, and I can't see using this very often, unless my inlaws overstay a welcome, then I'll certainly bring it out! :lol:

Puddin was kind enough to include a goblin squirt of this with my most recent eBay order. Definitely herbal and musky, vaguely sweet. Quite a strong fragrance. I don't mind it, but it's probably not anything I would seek a larger bottle of.

In vial: WHOOPS! Look out - the tops come off of these goblin squirts really easily! Luckily I didn't spill any! It's very perfumy and rather nice at first sniff, but then something deep and damp and green peeks out in the background!

In the air: mostly the deep, damp, green part, but with a veil of perfume over it - like a perfumed lady walking through a steamy jungle!

Got a sample in my Underworld Cup order. It is very strange...strong at first with something that smells like green plants and herbs with a little touch of leather I think. It's kinda faint. I would have to spray a lot to make it stand out in my place. I like it though. Good spring/summer scent. Hope to see this avaliable soon!

I received this as a gift with a recent order :) The top even has a keychain loop. Very nice!

I'm getting dirt, herbs, maybe a little bit of grass, patchouli and other earthy notes from this. I tink there may even be an incense note in here. Revenge smells really familiar to me. I know there is a BPAL blend out there that smells very similar to this, I just can't think of the name of it right now. Ooooh it's going to bug me if I don't think of it soon.

To sum this one up I would say it smells green, smoky and slightly resinous. I will happily purchase a bottle of this in the future if it makes it to release.

Revenge, at first though sweet, Bitter ere long back on itself recoils.

Author: John Milton

Source: Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)

To me this quote exemplifies this scent. It starts very sweet and boozy, like red wine or dark berries. After a few minutes I could smell subtle bitter green or a smokey dark incense under that sweet top note. The wine and fruit stayed dominant with that touch of dark bitter hiding under the surface.

This scent makes me think of a woman's revenge. I like it and I usually don't care for boozy notes. I hope they give us some big bottles to order even though I think it would be a scent that might make some nervous.

This was a gift from Puddin in my last order. Thanks. :wub2:

Revenge is too strong and alcoholic for my taste. I have no idea that it takes, but it is just revenge, lol.

Hmmm, smells a bit alcoholic/herbal to me. Definitely a bit of musk in there as well. VERY strong! Oooh! Now I can smell something that makes me think... floral moss? Beautiful! I would love it if my house smelled like this all the time! Such a lovely smell! Reminds me slightly of this plumeria perfume my mom used to wear when I was little.

Revenge: Atmosphere spray prototype.

I loved this. It smelled divine. I sprayed it all over my bed, after going down the hall with it. It's sweet with a wicked side, like the darker rose smell of london but not rose. Not floral heavily floral either but there’s a flower in there. It also smelled green, forest green, not herbal green.

This mostly smells like green, bitter herbs and maybe a powdery, musky floral perfume. Something about it smells slightly aquatic to me as well (clean sharpness as it fades).

There is something ozone chemical that may be linen or possibly hairspray. I'm picking up dirt. There is a soft sweet effect, but nothing I can quiet identify, with something familiar that's a little like fungus on a rotting log. There may be vetiver or orris, it's been so long I've forgotten which is which. There may be leather and/or moss, as I thought I smelled both at various points, the moss more strongly than the leather. It's also got a pale wood thing going on, more prominent with time.

Edited by Gwydion

Revenge

smells like a orange with some white florals

does not last long, which is disappointing since it does smell quite lovely

Herbally, musky, hairspray. Revenge smells like an angry, has been debauched woman. The kind with deadly accuracy and a cachet of weapons.

It smells... angry.

Yes. This smells like a woman who has made herself up to the nines.. to go somewhere looking fierce in order to make someone regret leaving her perhaps? It's hairspray, musk perfume.. I swear I almost smell cosmetics, or waxy lipstick. It smells like my grandma's make up drawer in her bathroom when I went to visit her as a kid. She was always a pretty unpleasant woman, so the coincidence is amusing.

It's not my style personally, but I can see how some might enjoy it. It gives me a kind of retro, classy vibe. Sophisticated, a woman's boudoir scent.