Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ObsidianSwirl71

Empyreal Mist v3

In the Bottle ♦ Sharp and delicate. Soft, cool air and wildflowers.

Initial Application ♦ Thick petaled flowers (hyacinth maybe) swirled with dew starting to warm in the first touch of sunlight. It stays gentle - perfectly balanced and fragile. There is an almost element of fruit ... like nectarine, but subtle.

Dry Down ♦ Sweet veil of cool mist over floral duskiness (more like enharmonics of the flowers rather than the flowers themselves) with ... some indefinable angelic ... well just presence.

Very, very lovely. Light and close to the skin, but vibrant ... like wearing infused mist. Color-wise I get the palest purple and grey - almost white covered with the haze of twilight and laced with the barest hint of green. Gorgeous.

Edited by ObsidianSwirl71

i really didn't like this in the bottle - it smelt sharp, almost astringent, and i actually put it aside in my "to trade" pile. but then on a whim i decided to try it, and boy is it pretty. it reminds me of something - i'm not sure what exactly, but it's lovely and light. not quite my beloved gossamer, but close.

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Slightly bitter, zesty citrus (maybe white grapefruit), wet greenery (like crushed new leaves, almost grassy), and clean white florals. Definitely both airy and aquatic, with a linen note and slightly soapy edge.

Wet: Similar, possibly a little more citrus (which is definitely grapefruit)? This actually reminds me a lot of June Gloom 2009.I get a little hint of sweetness from one of the florals, which along with the linen feel makes me suspect plumeria. This is actually clearer & brighter, less hazy and soapy, on my skin.

Dry: This must be the first time EVER citrus has amped on me, but the grapefruit is very strong. I do find it's turning a little on my skin, developing a sort of evil rotten note - possibly because it's intersecting with some badly behaved floral, I'm strongly suspecting jasmine. Soapier, too, and a little sour, the way that jasmine often is on me.

Later: Some 'traditional' dept-store style heady white florals are defnitely at play, I'm pretty sure gardenia amongst them. In a way the amping of the florals is good, as it overpowers the slightly evil grapefruit note. There's still a hint of some grassy greenery, but it's not really strong enough to hold up to the florals & grapefruit.

Summary: Bright white florals and white grapefruit. Gardenia takes the reigns, but I do think there's some milder jasmine and plumeria hiding underneath, along with something grassy and possibly some white musk. It feels classically perfumey, expensive, feminine. Great throw & longevity.

Empyreal Mist v3 - The first note I smelled is soap. However, once it has a chance to warm up on my skin, it retains a bit of soapiness, but mostly, it's a clean, crisp, green, white floral. I'm positive there's some frangipani in this, along with a bit of crushed green stem/leaf behind that, and something bright and light that gives it a sort of ethereal type feel to it. It's the type of scent you'd find in the high-priced commercial perfumes at a department store -- classy, sophisticated, slightly tropical, fresh, and feminine.

This turns to dryer sheets on me (which I think the released version of EM did as well...)

So um... I think there's some grapefruit in this, def. a white floral, a touch of gardenia and something else.

But overall, the impression is of nice, fresh, clean... dryer sheets. :lol:

This reminds me of apple blossom and bitter grapefruit. It's like a very soapy, fruity shampoo smell with a dry, bitter citrus. Then the drydown is less fruity and more like floral perfumed dryer sheets.