Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

Zephyr

A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

I couldn't quite place what was going on when I sniffed the imp, but on my skin I get a lot of vanilla, with a little bit of a citrus shadow. This is super soft on me, like having to press your nose to my skin soft. Which could be nice at certain times. :P

Doesn't last very long on me, but is a nice, sweet, unassuming scent.

I like this scent. It reminds me of Mouse's Sad Long Tale, my favorite scent ever....I get a tiny zing of lemon, but it gives it a sort of milky, diluted tea feel. It smells very gentle, unisex and clean.

This is a very light and delicate scent. When I first applied I could barely smell it. It seems to build as it warms up. First I could smell the airy musks and slowly the citrus came into play leaving a fresh crisp lemon scented breeze.

Almost 100% verbena, with a little white musk. Very clean-smelling and subtle. Great for laundry, not for wearing on my skin.

Initial impression:

Lots of musk – musk, musk, musk.

First on:

Musk and some very faint florals...

Dry:

It's quite yummy after about 20 mins. Neroli, musk and warm vanilla. I'm surprised at how much I like this, and how I get no dreaded citrus.

The sandalwood comes through after about an hour, and warms the scent up nicely. Still no citrus!

Finally:

I liked this one, surprisingly. Still swapping it, though.

In the vial: Lemon, bergamot, and something that smells like lavender.

Wet: Bergamot and citrus at first, then the musk charges in. Floral and sandalwood tie for third place.

Twenty minutes: Much more tangy now. The citrus and bergamot still have a good solid base of musk, but it's not very subtle; the florals and vanilla (!) are not noticeable.

Hour and a half: Musk, sandalwood, and a hint of vanilla. No florals, the citrus seems to have vanished. This is pleasant, but sharp and a bit sour.

Two and a half hours: Sour sandalwood with musky vanilla base. Uh-oh.

Three and a half hours: Sour vegetable-tanned leather.

*sigh* I so wanted to love this one! But it doesn't love me. I have bad luck with many sandalwoods.

I got a 5 ml from a co-worker in a swap and OMG! I didn't think I'd like it since I gravitate towards heavier scents but I absolutely adore it! I'm finding I really enjoy clean scents like Zephyr which I honestly didn't think I would.

In the vial: Floral...a bit citrus, but definitely airy. Pleasant and fresh.

Wet: I'm getting the sandalwood, the musks and the hint of citrus. Still, very lovely.

Drydown: Beautiful. The various notes have blended together into one very ethereal scent. Floral, tangy, clean. Simply lovely.

Conclusion: After this bottle runs out, I'm definitely getting another!

Edited by WickedQueen918

This was a frimp from the Lab.

In vial: A pale, mildly astringent, yellow scent.

On me: As soon as it goes on, the scent develops a blossoming floral note which I can't quite pin down—it just feels generally perfumey. Although the scent is remarkably smooth, the astringency takes a little while longer to fade. When it does, it takes with it my ability to locate the scent—it's still there, but it's faint and elusive. Then the scent sweetens up (no doubt the vanilla), and becomes a sweet, light, pale generic perfume, skewed towards light florals and a pale fruit which I can't name.

Verdict: From the notes, this scent isn't my style; wearing it doesn't surprise me any. It's pale, light, and elusive, a bit generic perfumey to my nose (which, admittably, is untutored in the way of pale and citrus and floral scents), unremarkable and just not my style. I'll pass this one along.

On me, Zephyr is lemon and vanilla over white musk. This is just so pretty on me. Definitely a new favorite.

Hello, powdery, floral musk! Zephyr is more old-lady powder than anything else for me. There is a bite of lemon, but it doesn't help the powder. I find Zephyr unpleasant. I'm washing it off and putting it on the trade list. Ugh.

A light white musk/white floral/white sandalwood scent. Very white. Not getting too much citrus from this in this imp. I think the sandalwood might amp too much on me, but we shall see.

Hm. This is pleasant, but unexciting. I get a little of every note listed (very light on the citrus) it's just kind of a blah mix. It also starts to fade very quickly, leaving mostly white musk and hints of light florals. Totally forgettable.

I thought this scent had an interesting list of notes, so I wanted to try it. I used to have some China Musk from Scentiment's, and I loved it, but I don't know what happened to it. I can't really pick out the same scent in Zephyr. I would kill for a chance to try a China Musk single note from bpal, if there is one.

Anyway....I really like Zephyr! Perhaps not enough to get a whole bottle, because I would have to be in a certain mood to wear it. But it's light and fresh, like a sweet breeze, not very much a citrus scent, which surprised me. The combination of notes reminds me of a marshmallow sweetness, and I kept thinking of Midnight On The Midway, except Zephyr is definitely more of a daytime scent.

I really can't pick out individual notes, it's just all blended together in a slightly sweet, white scent. But it's not powdery or overbearingly sweet on me. I would call this gender neutral, veering towards feminine, but I could definitely wear it. In fact when I wore it, I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist.

This is a delightful fresh fragrance. It's light but doesn't die away quickly. Again, a perfect match to the name. Throughout the day it would waft lightly up to touch me like a gentle breeze. The lemon, floral, and musk are perfectly balanced.

Imp: lots of white. White Musk and light white floral

Wet on Me: light and lovely and oooooooo yummy so far.

I get the musk and the neroli and the sandalwood.

Drying Down: the sandalwood really starts to shine now.

Less of the Neroli now but the sandalwood is good.

Dry: almost a spicy to the sandalwood scent. No citrus now…

no neroli…no florals. Just a light spicy sandalwood. Very nice.

In the bottle – Sharp florals and sandalwood

Wet on me – All the florals are making me sneeze, but I think I get a touch of vanilla

Dry on me – Again the florals dominate with the sandalwood in the background

Overall – Not really my cup of tea

In the imp, it smelled like a classic cologne with some slight chocolate overtones.

On the skin, it smelled like fake air freshener and then morphed into industrial bathroom cleaner and urinal cakes. I had to wash it off.

In the Imp: floral, sandalwood; dry, and familiar somehow

Wet: on my skin it sweetens, the sandalwood is prominent, and also the powderiness I associate with amber, and some musks

Dry: sweet and powdery with a hint of sandalwood.

Conclusion: A sophisticated, dry scent. I think it would be great on a guy.

Worried about verbena, but I'd love to find a nice clean scent

Imp: Musk with a bit of citrus

Wet: The two musks and a hint of vanilla. Honestly, this is what I was looking for out of Antique Lace

Drydown: Oh crap. It's my mother's Wind Song body lotion mixed with baby power. Apparently, I no can haz "clean" scent

In the imp: Umm... Lilith Victoria? Is that you? *peeks*

Wet: A LOVLEY white musk blended with a refreshing yet cozy-smelling bergamot. This smells eerily similar to Lilith Victoria on me. Maybe a dash more floral smelling.

Surprisingly, I'm not getting any lemon or verbena at all!

Dry: All white musk, and vanilla now. So so pretty! This still smells a lot like Lilith Victoria to me. it has that same, "snuggly" quality.

Verdict: Love this! I need to sniff this next to Lilith Victoria and make sure I'm not smelling a mislabled imp...I'm pretty sure I'm not (there are some differences) but it's oh so close.

In the imp, it smells like the original version of my beloved Heaven Sent - before it was reformulated to smell like bug spray. I have high hopes!

On, wet: the lemon takes over, although there's a faint hint of Heaven Sent underneath - very nice.

Near drydown: Uh-oh, powder and baby spit-up.

Far drydown: No such thing. Thankfully, everything dissipated.

I was wandering around the reviews, and I noticed that I hadn't tried this one yet...and there was an imp of it right at the top of my "untested" pile. Serendipity?

I've had decent luck with oriental musks, and citrus(though citrus sometimes fades fast on me), and excellent luck with vanilla and most sandalwoods. Neroli and white florals? Hm. Maybe.

It's a mild scent; it's mildly sweet, mildly floral, mildly citrus. Not any zing or pow to the lemons. There's nothing about the vanilla that makes you want to inhale it or nibble.

It smells....sophisticated?

Well, it doesn't smell in any way extravagant, over the top, or hedonistic.

It's a perfectly put together scent...and I find myself wishing for a few more wind blown hairs or stray leaves. It's like, not love. I can definitely see wearing it when I might need to appear sophisticated and mild. I can't see needing this scent in any passionate way.

Although I have been wrong before.

Received this as a frimp in my last order:

In the vial: very light lemon, with a soft background scent I can't quite identify

Wet: the lemon is a bit more prominent, with some of the vanilla and sandalwood notes coming and going with a bit of neroli

Dry: the notes all blend into a very light, slightly lemony scent. This is a great perfume for a hot day (when you could use a breeze!), or when you want something light and not overpowering.

This was a generous frimp from the lab. Based on the notes, I have to admit I wouldn't have ordered it. See, citrus notes and I... we don't talk.

In the imp, this smells like... hairspray? *scratches head*

Well, I'm not easily dissuaded, so I put it on. And was positively surprised! It starts out as a musky lemon scent, which surprisingly doesn't repulse me. As it dries, it warms up and turns just a slight bit soapy, but a hint of creaminess is holding it in check so that it doesn't become all soap. This is surprisingly nice!

I never got a whole lot of throw from it, but it seems to last halfway decently - after four hours, I can still detect it without too much effort, although I have to get close to smell it. It smells so clean, this will be nice after taking a bath.

However, since I doubt I will use it a lot outside, I'll only use up the imp and leave it at that.

I so wanted to like this one!!! All I got out of it was musk, musk, and more musk. On drydown it smelled EXACTLY like Obsession on me. While not a bad thng, I'm not a fan of musk. And it lasted FOREVER! I wish my Pele would last as long as this one did.

Now, on my guy this was fabulous. I didn't get any musk on his skin, but he didn't like it either. Which stinks, cuz I could eat him up when he's wearing this!!!