Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

Zephyr

A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

In the bottle: Sandalwood and Vanilla are really coming up. Otherwise, its kind of a confusing scent in that I can't really find any distinct tones.

Wet: Woah! Vanilla Frosting. The vanilla is really kind of overpowering and weird- I tend not to go for Vanilla anything but it dominates all the other scents wet.

Dry Down: The vanilla is much, much less now and I'm smelling the verbena and sandalwood notes a lot more.

Final Verdict: Swap pile. Ultimately, it smelled like Lemon Verbena Vanilla soap on me. Oh well.

I bought this because someone compared it to Fresh Sugar EDP, which I really like but doesn't last long enough. At first I was disappointed because it wasn't all that similar - but then I realised Zephyr is *better*!

On me, it's a soft lemon / vanilla / musk combination that's slighty sweet and slightly tangy. I don't smell the florals or sandalwood distinctly, though they're probably hiding in the background, rounding out the scent.

It's gentle and comforting, but wears well. (Hooray! Eight hours so far and it's a little faded but still definitely present.) Actually, this reminds me of a lemony, less powdery Alice.

Definitely a keeper!

very sweet and nice. when I smelled it I thought "this is okay". then when I tried it I realized it smells divine on! I'm totally sold on it. sort of creamy... rich... usually I hate vanilla scents on me but this has just a tiny touch to round the scent out. recommended!

Another musk + fruit/florals combination and another keeper! (I know, how predictable can I be, really? :P )

Zephyr is terribly pretty, but not in a childish sort of way. It is a lovely, soft, light musky fragrance that pretty much stays the same in the vial and on me. As it mellows down, Zephyr becomes one with my skin and it seems like I naturally smell like smooth musk, not like I am wearing perfume.

Wonderful! A big bottle may well be in order!

I can't belive I haven't posted a review of this yet...

Zephyr was one of the fragrances I received in an imp for my very first order back in June-July, and I really must say that I love it. I've recently received a 5 ml from another BPAL order, originally intended as a holiday gift, but I'm reassessing this thought.

Anyway, Zephyr on me mostly leans toward the white sandalwood, vanilla and musk notes. It reminds me a lot of a perfume called 1920 or Roaring 20s my mother used to have when I was very small. I think I played with that old perfume so much that I wound up using the whole bottle. The similarities between 1920 and Zephyr could really be all in my mind, since I can't *really* remember what the former smelled like, but I imagine it was a lot like Zephyr, since the association came to my mind almost immediately.

Zephyr is a long-lasting scent and it seems like something that would be a great gift to anyone, since I think it's such a likeable, versatile fragrance. I think it leads towards being a feminine scent, without being overtly girly.

-doreen

It's interesting to read the reviews and see how differently this scent works with people's body chemistry.

To me, Zephyr's name is completely appropriate, it smells like a winter's wind, with a cold, light sweetness. Although some people are getting a masculine feel, I get a totally feminine, light feel with this one. It reminds me of when you hang your linens on the line in the winter and they come in with that lovely scent of the cold air. It reminds me a bit of Queen Mab's little sister... there is a slight hint of Queen Mab under the coldness and lightness, just enough to give it some bite. When it fades it's lightly sandalwood with a bit of muskiness.

It's not my typical scent, but it's a fun one. I'll enjoy the rest of the imp.

Edited by VorpalBunny

I found Zephyr to be a very pretty and long-lasting scent. At first application, I could smell the florals and lemon predominantly, with sandalwood and vanilla in the background. Over the day it faded gradually to a sandalwood/musky scent with a light floral background. It was delightful both ways! I was also surprised at how long it lasted, considering what a light fragrance it is- 12 hours since application, and I can still smell a faint musk on my wrist. I am definitely keeping the imp, and may buy a 5 mL when I get the chance!

Zephyr:

When I first put this on I smelled mostly lemon, so I wasn't too thrilled. I am not a big fan of citrus scents.

After a few hours, the lemon has dissappeared and I am left with an absolutely lovely light musk and sandalwood scent.

This is really wonderful. It's soft and warm but not too sweet and not heavy.

I am going to be getting a bottle of this!

The three notes in Zephyr that come out on me most strongly after the initial application are lemon/lemon verbena, white musk and vanilla. The combination doesn't appeal to me, although I'm hard-pressed to pinpoint why. During the final drydown, the floral notes appear and are made creamy and smooth by the persistent vanilla note. While this phase is lovely, it's not lovely enough for me to want to endure the initial phase and so Zephyr gets added to my swap pile.

zephyr

at first: yellow and white. floral, but with a lot else going on.

on: very clean. a nice scent. soft, but not weak. i can't pick out any notes, but it smells floral.

1 hour later: beautiful. powdery and floral.

4 hours later: perfume-y, but a bit sweet, too. this is lasting really well.

8.5 hours later: a light, powdery, sweet, slightly soapy floral.

overall: this is nice, but i'm not sure i'll get it again. i'll definitely enjoy using up my imp.

Zephyr

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This goes on light and powdery, a definite springtime scent. I only hope the powder fades.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): Thankfully, the powdery scent is fading. The musk, sandalwood, vanilla and bergamot are providing a nice blanket for the sweeter citrus and florals. This does make for a very light, breezy scent.

Throughout the Day (10am-4pm): This continues to lighten. Breezy is certainly a good name for it. Light, breezy, barely noticeable.

I’ll keep the imp to wear during the warmer months.

Zephyr is a white powdery (not in actual powder, but a light sprinkling of it), classic sort of scent, one of those floaty white dress sort of scents. Then, this gets really powdery and strong. Very strong. It’s completely dominated Aizen-Myoo, which is on my other arm and is also a wafter. In about two hours, this becomes super powdery, like a combination between the fabric softener sheets and baby powder. In its sixth hour, this is still going strong. The scent is nice, but the baby powder-ness and strength of this scent really makes this not my cup of tea.

Since this is a completely different batch of Zephyr, I'm going to review it separately from the bottle I tried before.

This batch of Zephyr is much softer and mellower in the vial than the sharp, stinging bottle I tried before. It's more fully-rounded, and sweeter with the vanilla + musk aspect.

On me, it's a deeper, more sophisticated scent than the bottle had been. I get a lot more of the musk and vanilla, but it's slightly powdery instead of blastingly sharp and acrid. I much prefer this batch of Zephyr, but I don't like it enough to want more, though I'll finish off this imp or throw it into the "share nicely with the other kiddies" pile.

zephyr has so many notes that i like, i was really excited to try it! plus i'm always on the hunt for the perfect, elusive lemon scent- one that will stay true on my skin, not turn to furniature polish, and will possibly remind me of delicious lemon baked goods- lemon merangue pie, lemon bars, etc. i thought with the vanilla in it, zephyr might fit the bill.

sadly, it didn't quite make it. the vanilla didn't really come out on me, so although the lemon stayed true, it didn't have the slightly sweet edge that i crave. and then the musk and flowers came out and took over, relegating poor lemon to the background.

so, in closing, i like zephyr! it just wasn't quite what i was hoping it would be. (not zephyr's fault, i know!)

The smells almost plumeriaesque on me.

I swapped for this item after seeing Guy Maddin's Twilight of the Ice Nymphs and one of the women in that movie was named Zephyr.

It reminds me of the character, flowers in a gentle rainstorm. A bit like Tempest, but calmer and woodsy.

It's good. I really like it. Not going to be a bottle purchase, but I will bask in its glory for awhile...the lemon, lemon verbena, musk, sandalwood and neroli are in good form, each playing a part, none taking over.

This will be a good oil to sleep to. I'll probably have very sweet dreams.

Breezy white flowers. Quite pure and innocent. It's one of those floaty white summer dresses in a bottle. It lasted well, but it isn't strong to begin with, so I had to concentrate to smell it. A very pretty summer scent.

First sniff from the bottle - OMG this is so strong it almost blew my head off! Smells like the perfume department at Macys!

After 15 minutes - Strong old lady perfume smell. :P I smell lemon and white musk but no vanilla.

After an hour - I am still just getting lemon and white musk but not as strong as before. I mostly smell musk. I still can't smell the vanilla, which is a disappointment because I love vanilla scents.

Summery -Yuck. Based on the description this one sounded delicious. I really wanted to like Zephyr but I think the white musk is what blew it for me. My skin seems to soak up the musk, which doesn't work for me at all.

Edited by requieminblack

This was a bit more floral than I anticipated, sort of like a field of flowers in a clear wind. Bright, light and clear. The lemon for once didn't take this one over, but the sandalwood seems to have taken its place in bapping me over the head. Pretty light and feminine, I'm still not a huge sandalwood fan and my chemistry amps it up. Off to swaps.

So...Zephyr...you smell like baby powder on me. We cannot be friends.

When my mom sniffed my Zephyred wrist, she exclaimed, "Wow! I like it!" This is the first BPAL scent my mom has been excited about, so I gave her my imp. She wears Miracle, Beautiful, Ralph Lauren Blue, and at times, Pleasures. I'd recommend Zephyr to someone who wants a light, white, slighty powdery floral.

Zephyr

This was a freebie from the lab

Preconceived notions: None, except that the name made me think of warm, gentle winds.

In the vial: I think I’m catching some carnation (remembered from Alice and Morocco), as well as something fruity, and something very sweet (vanilla?)

On me: This is a gentle citrus, somewhat powdery, with herbs in the background. It fits its name well. There’s a hint of spice and soap.

After a few minutes: The citrus is still there, and I’m thinking it might be verbena, but the overwhelming scent now is a really good lavender soap. Normally I don’t like the smell of soap, but it’s actually very nice in this blend.

After 40 minutes: Still soapy, but it’s fading quickly, and picking up some sweet floral notes.

Overall: This is very cheery and calming, but it’s not really me. I’ll probably be swapping it.

This smells sweet in the imp.

On, it still smells sweet, but there is a spicy floral here as well. It is a very light and pretty scent. It smells of lemon and wood under the flowers, and is so refreshing. I think this will be brilliant for spring. :P

And the vanilla in this one did not go crazy and overpower the blend! :D

Pale yellow, spicey, warm, sweet floral.

I just love sandalwood, vanilla, and musks. So I'm quite happy that Zephyr met my expectations. This is a soft, white sandalwood warmed by vanilla and musk. It's very sweet and soft and as close to a "classic" perfume as I can get. I reminds me slightly of Belle Epoque, which is also a light, sweet sandalwood. I have a feeling if you like one you'll like the other.

This would be wonderful for Spring/Summer, but since I have a 10mL of Belle Epoque already, I'm not sure that I will order a bottle of this too. But I will use my imp.

Zephyr:

While this is a white scent, and it definitely smells white, I'm not smelling the same white that the description carries.

No matter if it's wet or dry, Zephyr smells like white castille soap on me.

Yech. Definitely not for me.

ok i must first state i am not a big fan of florals, w/ white florals being top on that dislike list, but it was free and i am aiming to try every scent, and i like doing reviews even if i am not so good at them. ok disclaimer added :D

i am surprised i can tolerate this white floral, the vanilla really is there taming it from being typical floral, i really like this, maybe not enough to wear regularly but definitly enough to try occassionally, and my youngest dd is trying to steal it so i guess she likes it alot :P

i would call zephyr a pale yellow scent. it was quite lemony at first whiff, but on the drydown, just lemony soap. i wasn't impressed, but i got this as an extra in a swap & didn't think i would like this earlier from reviews, to be fair. i thought it was actually very uni-sex.