Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Block Buster

Used to open up options in your life, overcome obstacles, and create opportunities. This blend increases your potential for success, inspires creativity and quick thinking, and helps you to be more flexible, adaptable and open to change.

an imp of this as a traveling companion for my bottle of Blacklight-Reactive Poster, as my body has been reluctant to respond to the therapeutic cannabis extract I've started taking and I'm hoping the two of them will help encourage it to be more receptive. (Also, the reviews made it sound right up my alley anyway!)

If I were to give this an alternate name, it would be "Single Note: Boston Market Cinnamon Apples." There's probably a bit of pear in there too, and clove, but it's mostly just stewed cinnamon sugar apples. Even if it doesn't end up helping, it's already earned a place in my imp box for giving me a calorie-free alternative to the only thing worth going to Boston Market for.

Ripe fruit, likely apple, but possibly some other sort of baked hard fleshy fruits in here too. This is no fresh apple, it is rich and stewed, and maybe a little mulled. Crowned with spices, and rich and thick. Less of a sweet apple on me, and more of a spicey earthy apple, like an offering to some long-forgotten harvest goddess left out for a day or two. It's a lovely scent, but I have other apple blends that I like and wear more, so this one is off to find a better home. 

I will say that this blend did help focus, and had very much a calming anxiety relieving effect, but at the end of the day dosen't really scream me. 

I will review this for scent and magickal/intentional purpose.

So this is my first review ... I am not the best at describing complex scents, so this is a good place for me to start, since this is basically cinnamon to and on me. It starts out like all aggressive, in your face cinnamon, like you just accidentally sniffed a bit to much of it in, when you smelled your kitchen ingredients. It mellows down over time. It is always a true cinnamon, not a cinnamon sugar or anything. But it does become sweeter and maybe a bit herbal in the end. The herbal stage is something most of the conjure bag oils have in common in verying degrees of ... herbalness ... But I like all the stages and at first, was not sure I was gonna enjoy something that straight up cinnamony on me as a perfume, but I really do. It is one of my faves both smell and purpose-wise from the conjure bag oils.

As for intended purpose/magick stuff, this is truly all that I wanted it to be. I struggle with lack of focus, procrastination and anxiety, when I have to do almost anything. Even - and escpecially - things I WANT to do ... So I wanted to see how it would work with especially my academic studies. It works wonders. I use it with the intention to blow apart/remove my blockages, anxiety and the like and give me focus, stamina, motivation, excitement and so on and so forth. And it really does help A LOT! I am still a bit all over the place, because that is just how I function, but I can get sh*t done in the end and have better control over my work ethics. I am gonna try this for other block busting abilities for sure. I really love this!

It is a 5+/5 and I probably will purchase a bottle some day, unless I end moving on to stronger block busters - but then maybe even then, just for the smell and to have something a tat more mild and controllable, than a full on block busting oil. :)

(FYI to those with sensitive skin, the cinnamon I think is in here didn't seem to give me any kind of bad skin reaction.)

Wet: Something herbal mixed with cinnamon? 

Dry: The herbal quality is here is a fresher smelling, but still mixed with the cinnamon. So it's like.. a fresh herbal cinnamon scent? 

Interesting scent, just not for me.

I got this as an imp from a swap. I read Blockbuster and thought of like movie and when wet I thought red candies with a background of popcorn - but sophisticated. The notes seem more real and less fake red flavoring and fake butter. Then when I read the description and reviews, I realized perhaps it might be better described as cinnamon hard candies. It becomes less hard candies as it dries and more of a softer cinnamon scent. I am not a big cinnamon person, but what's unique about this is that it doesn't make me immediately think Christmas.

Mulling spices in apple & pear cider. This is sweet, spicy, and light. Great throw. This is a cheerful atmospheric scent I could see wearing for manifesting purposes in conjunction with one of my faves as a perfume.

Will update if any fantastic breakthroughs occur!

In the imp I got a soft spicy herbal honey scent. On my skin it becomes more cider-like. Softly sweet and spiced. Really pleasant

When I first smelled this frimp, I didn't think I'd like it one bit. I read the description and reviews and wasn't sure why I was smelling generic hyper sweet gum flavor. Either juicy fruit or pink or something in between. I still didn't like it after putting it on, it was still sickly sweet, but now with a bite, the cinnamon I suppose. After it dried a bit, It got better, but was still odd. Now it was powdery, a bit floral, and reminded me of a pleasant old lady's perfume. Brought me right back to visiting my Grandfather's nursing home as a kid. Within 30 minutes, all the aggressive sweet fruitness was gone and it smelled like slightly spicy leather? No idea why my experience was so strange. I might hang onto this to layer with other things, because I like the cinnamon leather, but I'll definitely refrain from being around people before it hits that point. Lol. 

This one is pleasant but not exciting and not really for me on my skin. It's cinnamon and creaminess and a touch of something fruity-floral. Too foody for my tastes and not really lending itself towards inspiration or motivation.

I was nervous about the notes of cinnamon I was catching in the imp, that’s a scent I’m both not a big fan of and often find really overwhelming. Fortunately, that cinnamon scent isn't at all artificial, and it really mellowed out as things dried down. It's cozily blended with the fruit (peach? apple? it's not super identifiable to me) and sandalwood. Makes me think of cobblers baking on late summer evenings.

I’m finding that I just don’t like these sort of fruity notes on me personally, but that I can definitely acknowledge it’s a lovely blend.

Hmmm, interesting. I sniffed and tested before reading what it was meant to be, and so I am reviewing just based on scent for now and not magickal purpose. I also thought it was referencing either a movie-rental shop (now long defunct lol), or just a popular movie/Hollywood situation lol. 

So... immediately in the bottle, candy. Very tootie fruity. Like some kind of fruit flavor gummy candy.... and grass? Citrus? Hubby said Mike n Ikes, but I don't know what those smell like, so maybe. I didn't really love it at first sniff, but at least it was interesting. When it started calming down all of the upfront sweet, syrupy preserved fruit notes died down and I did get some red-hots type of cinnamon peaking through. And then sadly it somehow turned to dryer sheets? I don't know, but that "fresh" component from the initial sniff test must have surged again to create the linen/fresh washed sheets type of "clean"/ozone type smell. Which I truly don't care for. After sitting for a while and getting half washed off it did begin to remind me of shampoo actually. Between the mystery herbs, resins(?), and fruits, somehow (at least fresh in the vial) it's making a vaguely bubblegum scent.

Then I looked into the purpose and what this IS. Thinking about it I can understand the cinnamon, but I struggle to place the fruit and "clean" smelling fresh component. Maybe something like apples or berries mixed with specific herbs (not sure which ones though, perhaps something minty or camphor-like), lemon, and verdant greens or "air" of some type? I will try it ritualistically however and see how it does as anointing oil or maybe in candle magic or something similar to that. Overcoming obstacles and manifesting positive change, as well as enhancing mental attributes makes me think of the air element, so maybe some of the notes here tie to the air element. There also might be a water or aquatic quality in it. The greenery-- maybe new growth or cleansing? Is it an evergreen component? The candy/sweet/syrup component could be possibly honey, which can be great for all the mentioned purposes associated with this blend as well as attraction and prosperity. I will say it's familiar smelling but I can't figure it out exactly. I think this is meant to be more purposeful than yummy smelling.