Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Oak King v4

I dont' know what Beth threw into this, I don't know why it's never been released, but it is just the most heavenly thing ever on me! In the bottle it's very woody, but once it dries down on my skin it turns into...wait for it...a buttery spiced fruit pie, think a blend of apples and dark woodland fruits, with a crackling fire in the background. I was huffing my wrist till the smell of dinner cooking actually convinced me to unglue my nose. :wub2:

Decant: VERY VERY STRONG Almost a Turpentine over vetiver over hazelnut

Wet on Me: Still overpowering turpentine over vertiver over hzelnut.

Drying Down: just very very overpowering. Vetiver to the ooonth degree on me. And then the Hazelnut scent and maple syrup?

Dry: oh how I was hoping this would end up an oak goodness something that synced with the image of the Oak King I have in my mind, but alas this is vetiver and hazelnut syrup.

this one is so weird...i think that i like it though, it's very much in line with my personality.

in the imp and wet, i got a much higher, sweeter smell than i was initially expecting. my head went straight to cinnamon starbursts, if they were ever to make such a thing. On skin, it morphs into pastry, with jam. like a christmas cookie.

as it continues to dry the more earthy elements come forward. it becomes heavy on wood rot, leaves, and some sort of freshly cut wood. the scent associations i'm getting from it alternates between old church pews and camping...which makes very much sense in terms of my personal background.

i'm not certain i can pull off smelling like leaf rot and church pews but i do think it fits my mental image of the oak king. i think this will be effective as a ritual oil if nothing else.

Holy wow this is good! Sharp and sour when wet but bless me, when it is dry! Reminds me of a beverage from the local brewery called Dead Druid King based on a recipe reportedly found in a crypt that called for oak leaves in the beer. It's intimidating at first as well.

The dry scent is gorgeously sweet and earthy. Time has been good to this bottle.