Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
agnusdei

Agapē

Happy fifth birthday to the bpal.org forum! To commemorate five years of camaraderie, love, and unbelievable kindness, we present a scent comprised of notes that encapsulate the essence of friendship: carnation, apple, sweet pea, vanilla cream, passionfruit, sugar cane, tonka, and guava.

I love the bottle art and it's a keeper for that alone and it made me "discover" the same forum skin :)

It's a soft, creamy and apple-y scent. I can't detect any carnation either in the throw or on my skin, although I love me some carnation. The fruity aspect doesn't go rancid at all and the florals are tame. Mostly it's a sweet apple scent on me, not cloying at all and reminds me quite a bit of Sugar Slathered Candied Apple. A very happy and "feel good" scent for bright and sunny days.

ETA: Very very nice drydown, 7 hours later. I can smell it on my wrist. Nice! Edited by Shollin

At first this smells like the LOVELIEST floral...sweet, pink, and just wonderful. And I was loving it, and I proudly stuck my wrist under my husband's nose, and he said, "Bubble gum?" :lol: Yup, it's floral bubble gum. Jailbait's innocent, sweet country cousin. I really like this, both by itself and as a skin scent, but it's not something I would wear all the time.

In vial: sweet, tart and fruity - I get green apple and something tropical.

Wet on skin: tart fruit over a faintly creamy base, brightened by light florals. Light and pretty! A fresh fruit salad with single cream drizzled over it! I don't get any sugar cane at all.

Dry on skin: still tart apple, but the vanilla cream (as in Lady Lilith) is gradually creeping forwards, with a slightly powdery, softly musky feeling. This continues as the tart apple fades. This is a fun, bright, fruity scent that slowly fades into something soft, gentle and pretty.

This is a simple, soft apple with a sweetness instead of the sour bite apple scents usually take on for me. Nice, though I can't imagine I'll find myself reaching for it often.

I tend to go for the sexy scents (resin, red musk Crowley et al) but I like this. Good throw, with a nice passion fruit/tropical smell to it. If you like passion fruit - you will love Agape. Great for summer. :wink:

In the bottle: Sweet, a bit foody, fruity, creamy. Brown sugar, vanilla, cream, tonka, apple, guava and passionfruit jump out. This reminds me of pavlova!

Wet: Tarter, more fruity and less foody. Not so overwhelmingly sweet. I can smell each fruit distinctly - gorgeous! Also, getting some carnation and slightly powdery sweet pea.

Dry: Wow, the passionfruit and guava have amped - this is tart, tropical deliciousness! The sweet pea is making my nose itch a bit, but is bearable. The cream note is woefully light, but then, I'm glad the the tonka and vanilla are as well.

Later: That guava is amazing. Sadly this is going a teensy bit plasticky on me, and that sweet pea is annoying me more and more. Vanilla and cream have amped up a bit, or other stuff has faded, and carnation (not the spicy sort) has emerged.

Summary: Final dry down is very light, slightly sweet pea-powdery vanilla cream & carnation with hints of tart, exotic guava and passionfruit. Great throw but fades to almost nothing within a few hours.

Delicate and feminine. It's the closest thing I have to the Horn of Amalthea, so I'll be keeping my bottle.

Edited by fairnymph

In the bottle, the first sniff of Agape was not promising. It smelled blurry and ineffectual.

But applied to the skin, Agape is a different story. The juicy red apple of Ladon, but without its autumnal Dragon Blood's influence. Instead, there are delicate florals that make it a summery scent. It's a morpher, with each of the flowers nodding and retreating their petaled perfume in a country dance.

It's perfectly lovely. And slightly juicy.

Oh, this is just such a happy scent! Makes me smile and after the week I've had, this bottle came just in time. I definitely get apple out of this initially, but it mellows and softens, bringing a touch of sweet pea, and plenty of vanilla cream (yay) with guava & passionfruit in the mix. Tropical and soft.

The first sniff from the bottle was straight vanilla cream, sweet and oh so creamy. A second sniff yielded the same creaminess but with a hint of fruit beneath.

When dabbed on my left wrist the first thing to show up was the same apple note as in Snow, Glass, Apples. :D I love apples and this particular apple note is like biting into a crisp, juicy Granny Smith apple. As it starts drying down the cream starts coming back with a bit of spice from the carnation.

On me this is cream covered-apples with a tiny bit of spice from the carnation. Thanks be the sweet peas did not turn to powder on me! I may have to buy a second bottle or two to horde.

I knew this one was going to be a winner for me! I love sweet, foody smells! My bottle of this came on Tuesday but I havent been home so tonight, after driving through a mild snowsotrm at 10pm, I came home to Agape!

The label is so cute! just in time after our "Queen of Hearts" Winter is a Drag Ball here in VT.

When I opened the bottle of sniff, I immediately got the apple and passionfruit with vanilla cream. I literally squealed with delight to the annoyance of my half asleep husband. After slathering this on my wrists all I could smell was the apple, but after abotu 10 minutes out came the sweet pea and vanilla cream. I think I can smell the tonka too now that its dried...

Wonderful, absolutley wonderful. I shouldve ordered two bottles! ;)

ha, the vermont contingent chimes in! :wave:

in the bottle mostly apple, but sweet and far heavier than i was expecting.

wet on skin amping tropical fruits and the apple-y brown sugar-y scent from the bottle is completely gone. tart and passionfruit-y and the sweet pea is representing.

dry on skin the cream note is going a little bit sour and plastic-y on me, but mellows out as it dries further. extreme drydown is softly fruity and a little fuzzy with the tonka lingering nicely.

throw is almost non-existent and i fear that wearlength will be freakishly short, but this will be a really nice spring and summer comfort scent, suitable for bedtime. two bottles was probably overkill, but one will certainly round out the collection.

I recently discovered how much I like the Lab's apple scents (with Fearful Pleasure)... I couldn't -really- afford to be ordering bottles when this came up, but I was pretty sure I'd regret it if I didn't. I'm SO glad I did.... not to mention it showed up on one of the worst days ever and added a bit of sweetness.

In the bottle, my experience is similar to other ones I've seen here - vanilla cream with apple and some other fruits beneath it. I definitely like the fruity-cream scents, but my boyfriend has some issues with what creamy scents do on my skin.... so, I was worried. But, I put a bit on my skin to try it.

Lo and behold, it immediately shifts to something -completely- different. It actually smells a lot like some of the pure-rose scents, with a bit of underlying sweetness from the fruits. It's amazing and gorgeous, very soft and feminine, with a nice throw.

As it wears down, the fruits come out more, but it doesn't really settle down - Very much in love with it, and happy I have a whole bottle (though I think my mom wants an imp...)

I was a little worried about this one when I read the list of notes. Carnation tends to take over blends on me, but everything else sounded so wonderful, I just couldn't pass it up...

In the bottle I only smell the cream, all the Lab's cream blends smell kinda weird in the bottle to me but I'm a huge fan of them on my skin so I know not to let that scare me away.

Once I get it on my skin it's appleappleAPPLE! fresh, juicy, crisp, green apple. After a while the other fruits start to peek out and the florals as well. So far so good, no carnation really

Overall when it dries it's creamy fruit with a bit of floral. The carnation is (for once) behaving itself. This is beautiful and exactly what I was hoping for.

I had to come back and say... I wore this again today and I am in LOVE! It is wonderful... It's fruity and creamy and lovely and mmmmmm. after a few hours the fruit and floral fades away and all that's left are faint traces of sweet vanilla cream...

Edited by unlaced

Oooh me likey!

in the bottle it smells mostly of apples, and something sweet. Almost like a caramel apple for some reason.

Wet on skin, holy apples batman. It looks like the apple ate everything else in this blend just to be able to say "Hello! I'm here!" I get you, you're there, is anyone else home?

Drying I can smell the guava, or the passion fruit, or maybe it's a nice blend of both. The apple is still there, it's just sulking because I wanted to see everyone else. I'm also smelling, banana? Strange...

Overall? I'm so glad I sprung for a bottle, she's beautiful! :wub2: ((*brownnose* just like everyone on this board ;) :lol: J/K Love you all!))

In the bottle: Thick, creamy vanilla, with an underlying clear, bright apple-floral.

Fresh on the skin: Bright, thin, sweet golden apple, light and complex.

5 minutes later: Mmm, the floral is blooming, creamy and delicate around the edges, and I think I can detect a hint of the guava in it. This is so pretty.

10 minutes later: There's a lovely gauze of vanilla cream developing over the whole thing

20 minutes later: Hmm. A little too much vanilla cream, maybe; I think my skin likes to amp vanilla. Still pretty, though!

40 minutes later: Oh, so pretty. It's stabilized at mostly-vanilla with light touches of floral and fruit, all translucent pink and yellow.

1.5 hours later: Almost all vanilla, maybe a tiny bit spicy from the carnation.

2 hours later: Warm, light vanilla. Mmmm.

6.5 hours later: Huh. Vanilla laundry.

10 hours later: Tiniest breath of laundry.

Verdict: So, so pretty. I like the first blush of it the best, but the vanilla it fades to is quite lovely in and of itself as well. It makes me want to pick up some decanting supplies so I can parcel out the extra bottle I bought and give it away in small, delightful doses.

One word: vanilla.

Membership indeed has is benefits..

Agape is beautiful.. starts out kinda sparkling , fruity, and fizzy like an apple soda or martini

the quickly morphs into a bowl of just picked fruits drenched in sweet cream..

This is decadent .. a perfect feel good scent ...

Fee lovers rejoice! This smells like Fee's floral paternal twin. Instead of candy sweet melon, we get delicate sweet pea.

Very creamy carnation, with sweet pea and juicy guava.

In the bottle, this smells caramel/melting brown sugar-sweet.

Fresh on skin, it's pear-sweet. Like a pear that if you don't eat it right now will turn in an hour, and the flesh just melts on your tongue when you bite into it.

It turns sort of soapy, but the tonka adds just enough depth to keep it from turning over. Vanilla cream spills out after a few hours, and then turns to apples & cream.

In the bottle: Honey-like, sugary.

Wet: A hodgepodge -- sweet like honey, green like flower stems, a bit fruity

Drying: Sugar cane and black pepper with a hint of something tropical.

Later: Creamy and floral at the same time. No strong evidence of carnation, sadly, but still nice, with a slightly tropical edge to the floral that makes this seem like it might be a good summer scent for me.

in the bottle: tart passionfruit, sweet base guava, and cream. yum! :yum:

wet on skin: i'm getting some apple now, but not the green apples of SGA, more the red apples of early fall when you pick them yourself in the orchards. mmmmm.

dry down: alas, the cream had all but vanished. however, it's a lovely mix of sweet juicy fruits, and that's lovely.

in all: this turned in total Hanami on my partner so i was nervous, because i DON'T like Hanami. but it has stayed a sweet fruity blend that i think 1. will be great for the warmer months and 2. will likely get more interesting as it ages.

huzzah! :D

Wow, this is a super sweet fruity scent. I get a lot of sweet pea at the beginning with juicy fruits. As it dries, I get more of the sugar cane, the guava and the vanilla cream. Unfortunately, the vanilla cream turns a bit plasticky, making the fruit smell fake.

BAH. SAD.

I think one reviewed compared this to that Zebra bubblegum. This reminds me of that to, appleified. Typicallly apple becomes straight up soap on me but here its a rich creaminess that I want to burry my head in. The guava and carnation stay in the background of the delicious apple and the sweet pea pokes up every now and again as if to jump up to try and be noticed. This really is a very beutiful blend. And for the price...even if it want I'de still hang on to it. This is one of the 2 scents I've ever gotten a backup of and you can tell it'll age amazingly. 6/5

Smells like delicious, creamy apples to me! Well, in the bottle it does. It starts off very sweet on my skin and the only immediate thought in brings to mind is 'sweet fruit.' As it starts to settle in the vanilla cream becomes a more predominant note though the apple holds its spot as well. To be honest, I know it's not all I'm smelling but my mind doesn't immediately recognize everything else in the blend because it's blended together so well. This is an extremely bright, cheery scent that seems absolutely prefect for the spring (and summer).