Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
milo

Miskatonic Valley Speedway Atmosphere Spray

Mod's, please move this if this is not the correct spot.

I am so very happy to be able to try this out. This was gifted from the lovely Tramp and I will treasure it!!

On to the review. I am not good with picking out notes, but I'll do my best to describe this. Right away, I get an aquatic/ozone vibe to MVS, there may be a touch of soft floral (?). I do not like to wear these notes on my skin, but I do LOVE them as a room spray or on other people. This is very fresh and clean smelling, kind of like your whole house has just been cleaned from top to bottom, it's a beautiful spring day, the windows are open, and there is a gentle breeze wafting through the house. As far as comparing this to a wearable Bpal oil, it is kind of similar to Water Phoenix. I'd probably buy this if it became available, but for now, I'll enjoy the imp.

So, a lovely little robin gifted me this lovely little UNRELEASED PROTOTYPE Room Spray. I didn't receive it in an order or anything, so I have no idea if it will ever be released to the general populace.

This is my favorite of all the prototype sprays, but I did not think it would be. Upon smelling it, the first thing that came to mind was childhood summers with my brothers. But not the summers out in the woods, the summers in the city, summers in parking lots and rooftops and racetracks and playing in the streets. It also reminded me of Grandpa Mouse, who used to race horses and then cars, back when my town was still a carnival town (yeah yeah, I come from carnies, and don't tell me that surprises you). It smells like that sandy dirt you get in parking lots, that dead dirt that doesn't smell like dirt at all, but of heat and metal, and dirty Keds sneakers and hot hair and lemon Italian ices and of breezes that carry the smell of exciting things happening somewhere you aren't.

This is sooooo not motor speedway at all! It is the exact opposite! in the same way Dirty smells incredibly clean, this smells the furthest thing away from fumes, gasoline and burning rubber! It is a beautiful outdoorsy scent that has loads of apple and pear and fresh greenery! This, too, would be an INCREDIBLE addition to the Atmospheric line!

A decant of this prototype was gifted to me from a kind forumite. As I smell this spray, I'm getting aquatic notes and something sharp & metallic. I'm also picking up citrus notes as well. I do like this and think it would make a wonderful addition to the BPTP Atmospheric Spray line.

Aquatic notes, citrus, and pink apple? It smells like it should be pink apple (or potentially pear). It's one of those blends that makes me think of Neo-Tokyo - in which you've got a citrus/metal/fresh thing going on and it smells like the summer, but summer in the city. Breeze, metal and just enough citrus/apple notes to keep it fresh and add some sweetness to it.