Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Of shapely form.
Jasmine, honey, labdanum, rosehip, ambrette seed, delphinium, and white ginger.

In the vial: Honey, jasmine, and a perverse little fillip of violet. What's that doing there? Maybe it's the delphinium.

Wet: The unfamiliar violet-like floral is ahead of the jasmine. The jasmine is kind of sweet, maybe that's the honey, but it's also got a sharp high note. The labdanum and ginger are trying to balance it all out, but I'm not sure which way it's going to tip.

Twenty minutes: Jasmine and that other floral note. This has more bite than I wanted, more of a top-note pungency. There's not enough balance at the low end for me. Maybe it will ripen some more.

One hour: That violet-like note has gone all strident, and it's dragging the jasmine along with it. The honey is still there, and the labdanum, but mostly I'm just getting sharp loud florals.

Two hours: Wow! Everything is cooperating beautifully now. I get warm honey beautifully balanced by labdanum and ginger. The jasmine is there, but it's no longer sharp; the delphinium has, I suspect, lost a lot of its potency. I'd be happy to wear this scent if it were like this all the time; it's just a question of whether or not I want to put up with those first two hours.

Three hours: Quite a pleasant scent, honey balanced by the citrusy note of the labdanum, floral but not overpowering or even particularly sweet.

Six hours: The honey in this one has remained true, but the main florals have gotten a little tired. The labdanum and honey still work well together, but it's definitely over. It was still good at four hours, though (I was in a meeting at the time).

I traded this to someone who loves it.

Imp: Jasmine

Wet: Jasmine and other florals.

Drydown: Jasmine.

Overall: This is all floral. I don't smell anything else. The lab's Jasmine doesn't do very well on my skin, and this blend was no exception. :ack:

Ack! Get it off! :ack: This is insanely strong and I only dabbed a small amount on the back of my hand. Jasmine overload that's sending my sinuses into overdrive. Sometimes that flower just doesn't want to play nicely. A pinch of rose coming through half an hour later. Headache :( I can tell this would be really pretty on someone else, though.

I thought I would like this. Unfortunately, while wet it just smells like rose soap. On drydown, it smells like old rose soap. If I take a very deep breath with my nose pressed to my wrist, I detect the faintest bit of jasmine.

*sigh*

disclaimer: am suspicious of this blend immediately due to presence of jasmine. Jasmine likes me not. OTOH, honey likes me and tends to amp extra on me.

Wet: *slow blinking* *looks at wrist funny* How on earth does this start out as lilac? It's a more subtle lilac than bpal blends with the lilac note, but I swear that's how it starts out. It's really nice though.

Drying: Pretty decent throw. I didn't put that much on, but it's wafting up at me while I type. It's very pretty. A tad fruity (from the rose hips I think) combined with a cool honey. Maybe it's the green combined with the honey... but it's a surprisingly refreshing honey. I don't believe I've ever found a blend that said "cool honey" to me before. Interesting.

dry: AH - there's the jasmine I was worrying about. Though it is far more sedate than I was expecting. I forgot that honey seems to be the one note that can force jasmine to behave on me. Not quite enough, but enough to make this an almost scent for me. Surprisingly nice. I may save this to retry another time of the month. (TMI & NTS: Today is day 5, very end of period.)

dry a bit longer: the jasmine is behaving...? It's actually being one of the chorus instead of utterly taking over. It's a miracle! Or maybe I just need to try jasmine blends this time of the month?

Dry an hour: Nope. It took a while but jasmine has done it's usual and taken over and gone funky. Sigh. I really need to give up on jasmine blends even if every other note in it is a good one for me.

Edited by Muppetk

I ordered this because I wanted a nice floral, and jasmine is one of my favorites. That's good, because when I first put it on the jasmine comes out like crazy, and I get a little bit of the ginger. However, on drydown, the honey amps up and there's a little more rose than I want, which is really too bad because I'd rather those notes stay in the background.

I wore this today because I wanted something light, feminine, and "grown-up." I'm happy to keep this bottle around, but I don't think it's going to see much frequent use.

Morphô - When this is wet, it smells like it's going to end up smelling like every other commercial cheap mall store floral spray. It's heavy on the jasmine, which is actually nicely sweetened by the honey. Even though I just planted delphinium in my yard, I actually have no idea what they smell like (what? I look at how pretty they are, I haven't bothered to stick my nose in them yet!), so I don't know if I can smell that or not. There is something remotely grainy about this blend, and I wonder if that's the ambrette seed -- another note I'm not familiar with. The sad part of this is the white ginger, which utterly destroys the whole blend for me and is exactly what makes this smell like a cheap body spray to me. I'm not a fan of white ginger. Without it, I might like this more. I'm kind of impressed by the way the jasmine and honey blend together. I like it. Now I want a honey-drizzled jasmine fragrance. :beg:

This smells like a bright floral (very similar to violets, on me) but with a blast of jasmine added to it. Although I like the bright floral scent of this, the jasmine isn't a plus for me. It's better than 90% of the jasmine blends I've tried, though.

In the imp: Sweet, honeyed floral, heavy on the rosehip

Wet: Same - lightly honeyed rosehips. After a minute, I get a liiiiitle bit more jasmine and a tiny hint of ginger.

Dry: This one doesn't morph much, and stays fairly consistently sweet, lightly honeyed rose, with just a hint of jasmine. I was hoping for more jasmine and ginger, so I will be retesting at various times of the month to see if my skin chemistry affects note prominence later. As it is, it's VERY pretty, but if I can't get more jasmine out of it, I don't think I need yet another rose-dominant scent.