Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Of shapely form.
Jasmine, honey, labdanum, rosehip, ambrette seed, delphinium, and white ginger.

This is my first time starting a thread ... I hope I did it right!

On my skin she kind of reminds me of the refrigerator at the flower shop where I used to work, which always smelled of fresh cut flowers. The jasmine comes forth first strongly, then I can pick out the rose and honey with other very fresh flowers. I'm not too familiar with the other listed notes, so I can't pick them out, but they do fill out the bouquet nicely. There is something green and fresh underneath that I really like.

As the oil dries, rose kind of takes over, but I think I amp rose (how do you know for sure?). The greenness seems to fade away, but rest of the notes are still there, just more subtle. Morphô is fresh blooms, very elegant and feminine. I can't see myself wearing this every day, but I'll keep her around for special occasions.

Four out of five stars.

Fresh, this smells exactly like Jean Nate after bath splash! After about an hour, the crisp floralness goes away and this shifts into a warm honeyed rose.

When I was little and afraid of monsters, my mom used to spray Jean Nate in my room at bedtime- she called it Monster Spray, and said it would keep them away. I hadn't even thought about that in years, but this brings it right back. :)

Jasmine, mostly, but, it is behaving well. There is a crisp coolness to the scent almost as if they were straight from the florist cooler.

An hour or so later, not much change, but, it has gotten a lot fainter. I don't know how long it will last on me.

Edited by Aerinha

In the imp-> The jasmine is very prominent. Upon a closer sniff, it's a slightly herbal/lemony jasmine.

Wet-> The smell of roses drifts up to meet me. Sweet, herbal jasmine and roses. Still a slight lemon hint going on here.

After a while-> Still a strong perfumy rose and jasmine scent. Very feminine, very floral. Not cloying but definitely noticeable. The lemon has disappeared completely.

In the imp: jasmine and rosehip, like a soft, rose that's reaching wilted. still rose, but deeper and velvety

Wet: rose, something green and a hint of something of Off! bug spray

Dry: straight up jasmine

After it dried, the jasmine took over to make it a very mature, floral scent with a small range of throw. with my nose right up to my skin, I still smell like Off! bug spray. strange.

This started up very promising, a nice fresh cut floral with just a hint of rose and then jasmine and honey decided to take over. So it's a super sweet jasmine.

It's a pretty jasmine. Most of the time jasmine goes to cat pee on me ---- too sharp. But in this one, it's more like the fragrant jasmine blooms you can pick right off the plant.

So, hurray for finding a jasmine blend that works and is really pretty. I'm not so thrilled that it's just that. I guess I wanted a little more complexity. ;)

At first this smelled like mildew and I had to fight the urge to go scrub my arm with Tilex. But once the jasmine calmed down (Jasmine smells that way on me sometimes, depending on the type of jasmine...sigh), the other flowers smell so sweet and lovely! The rosehips are the strongest, and unfortunately something's powdering out. But it works...it's very pretty.

In the imp, this is very fresh, green, and springlike. On, the jasmine asserts itself, but as far as jasmine goes, it is not bad at all on me. I get the jasmine, and nothing else, however, I do love ginger, and I don't get that note at all. I'll probably just enjoy my imp.

I was excited for this one, but unfortunately it seems rosehips behave in the exact same manner on me as plain old rose - amped and overpowering. While it is a lovely rosey scent, that's all I smell.

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: I see so few blends with delphinium, so I had to try it even though honey and labdanum are iffy notes for me.

In the Vial: A very light, airy, somewhat green spring floral with a dash of ginger. I think I'm getting a full blast of the jasmine and delphinium.

Wet: Lots of ginger, lots of floral, a hint of honey in the background.

Drydown: This stays a very fresh floral on me. It reminds me of other spring floral blends like Poisson d'Avril. The honey is staying deep in the background.

Verdict: I may need a bottle. I'm going to side-by-side test it with my other floral blends.

Creamy, honeyed rose with other notes faintly in the background. This isn't my usual sort of thing, but it's quite lovely.

I was pleasantly surprised with Morpho. I thought the jasmine and honey would overpower and create a cloying sweet blend that I would not like because I don't like jasmine or honey.

Somehow ginger, ambrette, labdanum and rosehip keep jasmine and honey in check and help temper the sweetness.

While I don't love the blend, I am proud of myself for trying and giving it a chance. I'll definitely keep my decant!

Morpho is a very loud fragrance. In the vial it's like tangy florals drenched in lemonade, next to laundry drying on a clothesline. Floral, zingy, and a bit soapy.

On my skin, this instantly morphs into a red rose. If there is rose in a blend, my skin will find it. Almost every time that I wear a fragrance with any rose in it, within five minutes, it's as though my skin happily shouts up to me, "Look! We found roses! We killed all of the other notes too! Yay!" Wow. Thank you, skin.

I was afraid of the jasmine, delphinium, and white ginger in this, but they're nowhere to be found. This is all rose on me - a perfumey, rich, slightly spicy, bold, strong, red rose. I actually like it, but I already have enough rose fragrances to last out my lifetime.

Morpho is a strongly scented rose blend on me. I can pick out the jasmine if I concentrate, and I think I get a hint of honeyed sweetness every now and again, but mostly all I smell is rose. I'm mostly reminded of Somnus and Oneroi, just without the lavender.

It's a nice rose, but I hardly ever wear rose scents, and when I have a craving I have Libra 07 to turn to.

I have to admit that this smells like a generic floral scent. Since I love florals, this one is really nice! Of course, the boy hates florals and I already have a few that I love more, so this one is not for me...

This is a citrus floral on my skin. Jasmine and Rosehip are the most prominent notes, but the honey definitely softens the floral effect enough to make it a beautiful scent on my skin. I'm not sure which note is going kind of lemony on me...perhaps the white ginger?

In the bottle: Light yellow oil. Jasmine! Floral as hell. Soapy, a little sharp. Heady. Hints of labdanum (green/stemmy), honey, white ginger.

Wet: More white ginger - really fresh, bright, zesty note. Still JASMINE. Vaguely cologney, almost citrusy (tangy rosehip), and aquatic.

Dry: There is a smoothness/oilinesss, presumably provided by the ambrette seed, that tempers the intensity of the jasmine to an extent.

Summary: Soapy/sharp/heady floral jasmine with much fainter zingy white ginger and rosehip. Too much jasmine.

Wet on skin: Honeyed jasmine.

Drydown: The jasmine fades a bit, the honey is staying strong. The.. rose, I think, is starting to come out.

Dry: It's a nice, sweet floral scent. There's something faintly sharp in the undertone that I don't know what it is, but it adds to the scent rather than distracting from it.

Verdict: It's a nice floral. Not exactly my cup of tea, though.

In the Bottle (re:Imp): really reminds me of a past Lupercalia scent (or at the very least, another perfume from the lab), but for the life of me, I simply cannot place it. I'm catching mostly jasmine out of the imp with this blend, with a fair about of rose and a hint of the ginger and honey (though those might just be in my head since I'm reading the note list as I type).

Wet: So far, I'm getting a fair amount of soapy jasmine (as is typical with jasmine on my skin) and just a hint of the spicyness that I believe to be white ginger.

Drydown:Ok, so once this blend is dry, all I'm getting is the jasmine-note-of-DOOM and hints of roses. wah.

VerdictJasmine doom. Again. *Sigh* you would think that sooner or later I would just give up on anything with jasmine in it all together, given that this happens EVERY TIME. At least this is one blend that I can cross off the list of possibilities to purchase before the Lupercalia update passes by.

Ah this one is pretty. I wore a deep magenta sweater today and my roommate told me my perfume matched it.

When wet this is a strong jasmine with just a hint of rosehips and maybe a peek of the ginger adding interest.

The initial drydown brings out more of rosehips creating a tangy/floral blend that reminds me of Vassakassajja in feel.

Full drydown brings this closer to the skin and the honey and ginger are more noticeable. It makes me think of hard ginger candy at this point. The blend is sweet now and soft with the jasmine still present but very mildly.

Overall this scent is a total winner for me. I'm certain it will go into regular rotation. The only question is how many bottles will I need? :wub2:

Just a touch of the flowers... I can't really smell the honey, and the flowers are a nice mix. It doesn't have a lot of throw, but pretty when sniffing it. Oh, wait, here it comes!

This is a gorgeous floral blend -- like a big bouquet of freshly-cut flowers, all mingling together. I like my florals on the fresh, light, 'green' side, and would recommend this to others who are of the same mind.

the jasmine is overpowering in this bottle but it still smells delicious. smells delightfully exotic because of the ginger. smell the rosehip after a few hours of wear.

overall: if you're a fan of jasmine- you cannot go wrong with this one.

Hrm. Ms Morpho's a strange one... Very tangy jasmine (the rosehip, no doubt) & a very petal-y delphinium... A bit sour, a bit bitter, very green & planty with a heady waft of jasmine. There are moments where I think "Ah! We might have something here..." but then we're back to the odd sour jasmine...

Phoo.