Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
asa805

Sudha Segara

Named after the primordial ocean of milk where Lord Vishnu reclines upon the thousand-headed Naga. Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia.

Erm did I get the wrong imp?!!?

This scent on me was so so so faint that when I tried it on earlier I assumed that the stick had somehow missed the oils.

I just re-applied on clean skin and literally had to SOAK my wrist in it to get a clear smell, and even then it was faint!!!

On my wrist all I can smell is lemon and lime. I think mainly the lemon, but it has something slightly less....sharp grounding it.

It has now officially DISAPPEARED into my skin!!! Ive got my nose against my wrist and I still cant smell it. Maybe the faintest of all faint notes of lemon and a tiiiny bit of ginger.

It smells very similar to neo tokyo, but not identical.

I really really wanted to LOVE this from the description, milk! honey! yummy creamy goodness!! But unfortunatly it just a disappearing act on me. Ill keep the imp, and use it for a summer scent as it just smells "fresh" on me, unfortunatly, there just is no "scent"

Wet this reminded me of Kumiho, but less lemony. A sharp, zingy, biting smell. I can smell a hint of creaminess, but not more. On my skin this quickly morphs into a peppery scent, which I adore.

TMI ~ I'm trying this one towards the tail-end of my period, so it may turn out to be a different experience than my previous couple of attempts with it.

Bottle ~ Dry lemonade mix, perhaps Country Time.

Wet ~ Um. Hrm. Lemon spice? Lemon musk? Musky lemon spice? There's still a strong lemonade component, but there's something floating over it.

Drying ~ My skin is warming the lemonade to the point of it becoming sultry. Is this like walking through a lemon-tree orchard in the summer, or more like sitting on the veranda with a pitcher of freshly-squeezed lemonade on a hot afternoon? This is odd: it's not the lemon furniture polish smell, and it's not the lemon drop smell.

Drydown ~ Okay, the teeny incense note I detected is starting to turn into a plasticy-resin. The plastic smell is winning an argument with the lemon. I doubt that any good can come of this.

Dry ~ I'm getting vauge hints of lemonade mix and a teeny bit of incense, but nothing major.

Final thoughts ~ This one isn't making me drool, nor do I desperately need to wash it off. It's just ... there. I think that Embalming Fluid will remain my lemony love.

This is so strange. Sudha Segara goes on smelling weakly like sour musty milk with a touch of ginger and doesn't change. Not good!

I've tried this several times, from two different imps, and it smells the same on both my fiance and I. I just don't get it! I thought this would be awesome; I love milk, ginger, and honey! (And love the BPAL notes in other blends.)

In fact, maybe I'll wait several months and try it again, just to be on the safe side...

Skin, I ask you, "WTF?"

In the bottle this is very sugar and spicy, with a hint of lemon.

It warms up and gets creamier when I put it on and I get a hint of the ginger. Lovely and sensuous, but in less than an hour I can barely smell it. I checked with my friends to see if my nose had just gone numb, but apparently my skin just absorbed it.

I like the scent, but not enough to reapply it as often as I'd need to to keep it around. Ah well, I'll slather the rest of the imp on when I'm feeling sexy.

One of the first imps I tried, and one of the first 5mls I ordered!

I don't pick up on the lemony scents that others have, I mostly just pick upon the creamy milky honey notes in there - it's a very rich smell, I think it would make a fantastic bath scent for salts, etc. When I hear the words "milk bath" I immediately think of this scent!

There is kind of an oatmealy note in there too, which I might be imagining - I seem to pick up "oatmeal!" in a lot of scents, lol.

I could very much see this as a right-before-bed scent too, for cozy dreams.

Ah yes - there is a little gingery note creeping in - this is kind of like a ginger herbal tea with lots of cream and honey, that's what it is!

The only complaint I have is that it does fade pretty quickly. It leaves a kind of clean, almost honey-oatmeal-soap scent on my skin after a couple of hours though, so it's not bad.

I got this as a freebie....the description sounded really lovely, but I opened the vial to smell it, and smelled nothing. So I put it on of course, and same thing....nothing whatsoever. :P Has me really stumped 'cause this has never happened before! I've read other reviews that have said it was really light and didn't last long, but thought I'd smell one of the notes, at least. Ah well, it's ok...plenty of others to choose from!

In the imp: Sharp ginger with a touch of sweetness. I think it's from the honey.

Wet: Sharp ginger again with a touch of something lemon. Doh! My arch-nemesis. Not looking forward to this.

Drydown: Okay, so maybe the alarm was unfounded. The lemony scent went away. Unfortunately this is all sharp ginger on me. I wish the honey would have come out more and I can only assume my skin sucks up all milk because I can't smell a hint of it. O_O

Final thoughts: This doesn't last all that long on me. All in all, it's not for me so off to swaps.

from the bottle- Gingersnap cookie!!!!

wet- I can almost smell the lotus, but i smell the honey and ginger more and i want to nibble on my wrists.

dry-mmmm it smells like handmade whipped cream mixed with sweet spices and a hint of ginger.

i am going to wear this whenever i need to be reminded of working at a dessert station in a kitchen- this perfume smells utterly edible.

Out of the imp, fresh ginger, not the powdered spice.

On there is the ginger, sharp, fresh and green. The milk and honey are creamy and sweet. I get a musk note too, it may be something in the ambrosia? It smells so wonderful, spicy, rich and creamy, with just a hint of sweetness. I want to eat my arm off. :D

Love this one, I am glad I swapped for a 5ml, now I don't have to wait for a bottle or worry about my imp running dry. :P

Clean, airy, light, but comforting. Unfortunately, this is way too light of a scent for me and has no staying power at all. I agree with other posters that this would be a nice bedtime scent. I think that's how I'll finish my imp

this, to me, is definitely not milky, but it is a bit creamy, if that makes sense. it is light, a bit spicy from the ginger, and lemony all over. it fades quickly on me. people who've smelled if on me relate it to some kind of cleaner, which stopped me from frequently wearing it. I think I'll try it tomorrow morning as it seems like a wake-up kind of scent. it's lovely.

I ordered a 5ml of this unsniffed last week. Based on the description it sounds yummy! I was able to get an imp of it to try today. Yea!

First sniff from the bottle- Lemon?

After 10 minutes- Hmmm. This is NOT creamy on me. So far all I smell is lemon tea.

After 30 minutes- Well, rats. This one did the magic disappearing act on me. After 10 minutes, POOF- gone.

Summery- Sudha Segara smells faintly of lemon tea to me. I did not pick up any cream or ginger notes at all. I really wish I had waited to sniff this before I plunged and ordered a 5ml. Oh well, I am sure I can swap it for something else when it gets here. :P

Edited by requieminblack

I don't know what I expected when I tried this on, but this wasn't it. I think I was thinking dark, vanilla, resins (obviously, I didn't read the description before trying it). This is light, warm, lemony. Grrrlennyl once asked if anyone had trouble distinguishing ginger from lemon, and I thought she was mad. Now I know what she was talking about. This reminds me of Kumiho, but it's warmer and creamier, like tea with lemon and milk. I like this one a lot, but I wish it wasn't so subtle and short-lived. I put it on and reapplied twice and only then did I feel like the scent had some staying power!

I expected Sudha Segara to be too sweet. It isn't at all. It's warm and beautiful. A very soft and comforting scent.

Ginger, lemon, and.... powdered non-dairy coffee creamer?

Over the first hour it got fainter and fainter until it disappeared entirely. Durring that time it got quickly less milky and more medicinal.

It also reminds me of the disasterous valentines dinner where I tried to make homemade ginger pasta. Oof. what a mistake, I don't care to remember.

Another winner. On me, this is a blast of ginger--very spicy and sharp. I don't smell any milk or honey, but I think these notes contribute to the warm and creamy (but not foody) drydown. This would be a great scent for someone coming to BPAL from commercial perfumes--it's slightly perfumey but still unique. But what really convinced me I need a big bottle of this is how it smells when layered with Snake Oil. Sweet and spicy, vanilla and ginger...oh my. :P

though i have not been, to me this smells like a morrocan outdoor market might. somewhat peppery, spicy, sweet (vanilla?)& really lovely, but alas, after 2 very liberal applications (almost the entire imp) i could NOT get it to stick around, much less *waft* which is a necessary element for me in a scent.

Mmm. I need a big bottle of this. The ginger is amazingly lovely... it's got a nice zing, and it gives me energy. The milk and honey give it a creamy-sweet background. On me, it wafts a bit and lasts a while... I'm still noticing it when I move, hours later. This is an instant favorite for me.

I was always expecting Sudha Segara to be a very foody scent -- or a beveragey scent maybe would be the better word! I expected something like an Indian dessert, like rice with milk and honey. But ginger, as it so often does, makes the scent a very ethereal airy citrus. I know that ginger is not citrus, but it comes across like lemon in many blends (like White Rabbit). Very light and refreshing, like washing your hands in a fingerbowl in a restaurant with lemony water. :P Having tried a few scents with milk and honey ingredients (Alice, White Rabbit) I can't pick out either of those notes in here, but at least the ginger-smells-like-lemon mystery seems solved to me.

This does smell like something you would want to splash on yourself on a warm day, which is not something I would want to do it this was more of the milk and honey scent that I was expecting. A nice surprise!

Not only is this fantastic in the vial, it plays really well with my skin chemistry. this is one of the first bpals that i have wanted to crawl into and roll around in... YUM it is slightly foody, but not being a foody scent, and has a certain exoticism from the ginger, i'm sure. It makes me really happy. i'm so happy i found this.

My skin just seems to eat up milk scents. :P

Out of the vial and at first on my skin all I could smell was lemon. It lightens up a bit and the ginger becomes really strong to the point where this is all I can smell. No creamy, milky goodness.

Like Alice, this is a bit softer when I have my period. Weird, huh?

Very light, warm and creamy. I like it, but Im not a great fan so far. I dont think Id would really wear it on a regular basis. Its almost too faint for me.

This is just a really great scent.

It is super creamy and the ginger is delicate. It gives just enough spice to the creaminess.

It is also one of the first honey scent that doesn't go all burnt smelling after a while.

It sort of disappeared a bit after a few hours. I can still smell it, but it certainly doesn't have much throw or staying power. I wish it did, because I really like this one.

ETA: It is a very clean scent, which almost never happens on my with milk and honey. Feels like Thai iced tea.

Edited by allelujiah