Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
astrid

Incendia Bath Oil

For stimulating the libido and arousing the senses.
Vanilla, palmarosa, patchouli, jasmine, cocoa absolute, bergamot, sweet orange, nutmeg, ylang ylang, rose otto, and Haitian vetiver.

The label was an interesting idea..... it is of silhouetted women, like a Bond movie, but in sexual positions which are a bit racy.

So when I first got this and opened it up the jasmine, which I generally love, punched me in the face! I tried to find the other ingredients and now and then there was a tiny, tiny hint of some of the others. The blend, from the bottle, didn't seem harmonious to me. I wondered how much I would use this oil or even if I would use it. I stuck in it my office drawer and would sniff it now and then, but had pretty much resolved that I should sell it and get a different bath oil from the Post.

Then the other afternoon I was working on the computer and was really, really cold, so I decided to get in the tub for a hot soak. On my way to the bathroom, I said, "Screw it. I'm going to try Incendia. Maybe it will be better turned loose in the hot water." And it was. It became a whole. I didn't find it particularly stimulating, but jeezy kreezy was it relaxing! I felt sooooooo good afterwards! Even yesterday when I only had time for a real quickie quickie bath, I used Incendia again. And I'm going to use it in today's bath, too. I'm so glad I gave it a go in the tub. I would have totally missed out on this great big bath oil!

ETA: If you want a little more chocolate, add a dash of Gula. Mmmm! Edited by astrid

*Thud*. That is the sound of me sitting here on my couch after having slathered my legs with this stuff post-shower. I almost didn't get this because I don't take baths, but then I decided to just go for the whole Post VDay line, especially since I found myself wishing I had more ylang ylang. This was a very good move. I realize it's the ylang ylang, but Incendia is very "Yes, I'm a hippie, and as an added bonus, you *will* get laid." It's kind of funny, though: The orange pretty much disappears on me, but then when I walk into my bed/bathroom where I applied it, the whole place smells like oranges. Whatever. Even without the orange, it smells amazing, and I'm glad it's a bath oil so I can slather it all over my arms and legs.

And then there's the part where I wrote the above last night but didn't quite get around to posting it, and then I tried Glacies tonight, and I'm wishing I had opted for Incendia again because I just can't stop thinking about the ylang ylang and the patchouli and everything else. Um, yeah, so very glad I got this one. Is it time for another shower yet so I can wash off Glacies (which is inappropriate for the weather right now) and go slather-happy with Incendias?

Oh, and I'm using this as a post-shower moisturizer since I don't take baths. And now I'm wanting to get decants of all bath oils (considering how long it takes me to go through lotion, I don't think I'll go through them quickly enough to warrant bottles, except I'm very glad I got a whole bottle of this one). I kind of wish I had tried the bath oils before Christmas so I would have felt compelled to get decants of them when I was getting decants of the Inquisitions and Atmosphere Sprays, but at least now I know better and can snag 'em all in the future.

ETA: On the second time around, I get the chocolate, but only while applying, and possibly only because I was looking for it. This is actually very good because I don't really like chocolate in my perfume/soap/lotion/etc. This continues to be amazing. I had initially thought I might end up selling or swapping this one away since I hadn't noticed the vetiver before I ordered and frequently have issues with it, but, uh, not gonna happen now. I'm having a hard time picking out notes to rave about. It's just *gorgeous*.

Edited by meaganola

Incendia

In vial: vanilla, dark chocolate and vetiver.

On skin: the flowers come out, as does the herbal smell of the palmarosa, and also the patchouli. It’s still heavy on the vetiver, but there’s a lot going on in here. I can smell the rose, jasmine (it smells like good jasmine as well) and ylang, as well as the sweeter vanilla and cocoa, a sharp spike of palmarosa, hints of orange, bergamot and nutmeg too, and underneath it are the earthier notes of vetiver and patchouli. I’m quite pleased that the jasmine in here isn’t going too sharp on me-I’m guessing that’s because it’s a bath oil, it’s less concentrated. Eventually this moves from an earthy chocolate-herbal to a heady, rich floral with vetiver, before turning into a very jasmine-y scent. this reminds me of the jasmine in Peitho, one of the few jasmine scents I can wear, it has that same sultry feel to it, sweetened with vanilla. It also reminds me of Salome, before my skin chem made that scent turn bad on me. the vetiver is a little too much for me though, but I really like the jasmine in here for a while…but sadly it doesn’t work after a while. This is a lovely scent but ultimately a little too heavy on the vetiver for me.

When I smelled this in the bottle, it definitely reminds me of LUSH's Flying Fox scent. It's crazy-strong, smoky jasmine. I can also pick up the vetiver, and it's a very dark, earthy, charred smelling vetiver.

Poured into bath water, this is mostly a dark, earthy, cold smell with the heady, sweet, perfumey jasmine in the background. On my skin after the bath, it's loads of jasmine and a hint of rose. I don't normally like jasmine, and I don't love it here, but it's not unbearable.

I was hoping for more vanilla, cocoa, sweet orange, and nutmeg, but all I can smell is the vetiver, patchouli, jasmine, and rose. It's an earthy-jasmine that dries down to a classic, perfumey jasmine & rose combo.

OK - to me this was the love child of chocolate and the Maltese Cross of St. Germanus - sweet orange love. A light floral comes out to play after a but. Thank goddess I didn't get any patchoili from it - I was scared when I read the label again. ;)

3/26/09 Edit to add: topped it off with Jasmine Cottage today - the light jasmines really blend well together today! :D

Edited by GardenCat

Oddly enough, to me this smells just like Cockaigne, only with almond. I have no idea why, but I get a strong bread-y vibe, with almonds in the background. Despite my hatred for almond, I don't mind this. I think it would make for a relaxing bath; I just wouldn't be able to stand the smell all day.

Out of 10: 6.5

Got this as a decant in a recent order from a very generous LJer. In the decant, I'm getting the jasmine and what's either the patchouli/vetiver or the cocoa absolute. On my skin, I'm getting what smells like the pathcouli and vetiver first and foremost, unfortunately, as those are my Notes of Death . The florals are trying to make a fight for it, and the orange and spices are trying to come up too, but it's just not that good on me. And, looking above, there will probably be someone who wants it, so I'll put it up for swap/sale.

I ordered a decant of this from a circle because it looked like I was going to love it. The only note that's iffy for me is the palmarosa.

In the bottle: Jasmine, vetiver, and very dark patchouli, with a touch of ylang-ylang.

When I used this as a moisturizer, it went to a very strange place. I'm very very good with most of the notes in this, but they somehow came together in a way that didn't particularly work for me. I get jasmine and patchouli and vetiver and ylang-ylang, and for an instant I can even smell the chocolate, but it's a much more brooding and less sweet-spicy blend than it should be on my skin. Many of the notes never even showed up on my skin, to my great surprise.

Fortunately, my love of Lupanar from the same release made up for not loving Incendia as much as I'd hoped I would. And there are so many other BPTP bath oils that I do love, I am okay with not loving this one.

The jasmine here is very strong, but it's not the 'normal' sweet and tropical jasmine.. to me, this is more like a jasmine incense.. it has a smokey edge to it, which I'm guessing comes from the patchouli, bergamot and vetiver.

Once the jasmine fades out a bit, which it does reasonably quickly for me, the lovely vanilla and cocoa start to come out, and I can also pick up a faint whiff of orange and nutmeg. The rose may be making an appearance.. it's hard to tell whether it's rose I'm smelling, it may just be that the jasmine has sweetened up a bit from the vanilla.

The oil itself is light and smooth, lovely in the bath and also straight on the skin. I think the trick with this one is to use it in moderation, because it's quite a heady blend, but quite lovely. I think it's quite a unique blend of scents for a bath oil, and as a bonus.. after using it my bathroom smells absolutely divine!!

Okey... jasmine, ylang ylang and rose totally dominated this blend. To the point, I couldn't smell any of the other components.

Not a winner for me.