Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blacklacestatic

Glacies Bath Oil

For cooling the libido and soothing the senses.
Cucumber mint, sea lettuce, French lavender, geranium bourbon, and lemon balm.

Yet again I am blown away by the beauty of these oils.

In the bottle I smell an herbal concoction, heavy on the lavender. When I use it in the shower The lavender is still strongest, but there is a hint of mint in the background, and a cooling sensation on the skin. If you have tried Snow, Glass, Apples, this has a remarkably close feel to that, but less dark. Also, the sensation is similar to that of B&BW's Twisted Peppermint shower gel. It is so calming and relaxing. Perfect for stressful days.

The real magic happens a few moments after it's first use, as it starts to adapt to my skin. I get this fresh, floral yet still herbal feel that reminds me of a combination of J'adore perfume, Snow, Glass, Apples, Body by Victoria perfume, B&Bw's Gardenia Lily and the paste I used to use in kindergarten. I know that last one will probably turn some of you off, but it's actually wonderful. It brings back memories of simpler, easier times. I would swear there is Gardenia in this. Any stress just melts away. The scent left on my skin is miraculous. I'm truly in a state of bliss, which is an incredible feeling after being so stressed lately.

Definitely Buy a bottle of this. I'm convinced it is a magic potion.

So I haven't tried this in the tub yet, but in part that is because I'm seriously tempted to stash it away and pull it out when summer is here and it's hot, sticky and GLUH*! Glacies is going to be a perfect hot weather oil because it is so fresh and cooling. From scent alone, it really comes across as a cucumber minty floral and I don't personally get too much lavender, which is good for me because I have an iffy relationship with the lovely herbe de Provence! Mais, c'est n'est pas mal ce fois ci! (I don't know how to put in a cedille here...)

Glacies is a very big contrast to the lusty, rich Incendia. And where I find Incendia very relaxing and soothing, I think Glacies is going to be the stimulating one for me!

*Very nice!*

*By GLUH, you know what I mean! That time in the summer where it's so stupid hot you're at a loss for words.

Edited by astrid

I almost didn't order this. The notes didn't quite seem like something I was in the mood for, but I decided to just go for the entire V-Day line. While I don't like this one was much as Incendia (which makes me go *thud* and think, "Yes, I am a hippie, and as an added bonus, you *will* get laid," but I unfortunately don't have anyone to make that promise to at the moment), and while this is inappropriate for the current weather around here (still bundling up in hat/gloves/scarf. Hell, it SNOWED a couple of weeks ago. That is pretty much unheard of around here), it's going to be very nice for warmer days in the spring. And summer, since it's nice and cooling. I think this will actually go into storage until then because, well, I would probably forget that it does the cooling thing, and then I would take a really hot shower one night because I was cold, and then I would apply this stuff and cancel out the effects of the shower. Not good. It's okay that I'm going to have to hold off on using this for a while since I also have hippie love in a bottle. I mean Incendia. To my nose, the scent is gentle herbal mint, so it might even be good for days I have a heat-induced headache. I hope. I don't seem to be getting the florals, which is good because florals and I don't really get along that well. But herbs and mint? Very nice if ultimately a bit seasonal due to the cooling sensation.

As far as application goes, I'm using these oils as post-shower moisturizers instead of in my bath since I don't take baths, and I absolutely love how quickly they absorb (I'm probably going to start collecting them. Well, probably just decants since not using them in baths means I probably won't go through them quickly enough to need bottles of everything). I'm thinking about decanting them into bottles with pumps, though, because I'm worried that the bottles will get slippery, and then I'll drop them in the shower, and half the bottle will go down the drain. This would make me a very sad panda.

Glacies smells a lot like Frenum to me. It has the same sharp, perfumey, bright green smell, probably since they share the lettuce and cucumber notes. I like Glacies more than Frenum, though, because I really like the mint note in this one. It's a soft, sweet, pale sort of mint.

I rub these oils directly into my skin while in the bath, and they leave my skin really soft to the touch. Glacies was very fragrant and had a lot of throw. The bath oils aren't really moisturizing in winter (winter where I am in Canada is awful for the skin), but they leave me feeling softer after I pile on more lotion. They're better for me in the summer.

I don't know if I'd purchase more of Glacies (or use it again), though. I love the mint in this, but it's overpowered by the green notes that I don't like for some reason. Frenum gave me a headache and after my bath with Glacies, my whole house smelled like Frenum. It made me smell like mint candy and a hint of green, but the house was overwhelming, perfumey, sharp greens.

The mint in this is really gorgeous, though. I wish that it were more mint & lavender and less green...

Edited by Little Bird

This was from the Lupercalia update, but I've been saving it for summertime, as it seemed like a nice cooling treat for our hot Deep South days. (The calendar may say that it's still spring, but it's been summer here for a few weeks now.)

I was totally right!

After showering today with an unscented shower wash (not what I usually use, just trying to finish up a bottle), I towed-dried and then applied the bath oil, as a lotion. Like other BPTP oils, it's very liquid, and I have found the best way to apply it is to put some in my palm and then smooth it over my legs and my arms. Glacies melted right into the skin and was not sticky in any way. :)

The scent is heavenly! The cucumber mint, lavender, mum, and lemon are the most obvious notes to me, in the bottle. Once on the skin, they blend together in a lovely, light, delicate fashion. That scent was so good that I almost hesitated to put on any perfume! ;) Finally, I layered with Strawberry Moon 09, and the Glacies helped to amp the green notes in Strawberry Moon. :) A lovely combo that I must try again. But I also plan to layer Glacies with some of the Lab's minty oils, too.

I would love to see this become a permanent addition to the bath oils.

(Now, I'm off to eat a fresh cucumber/mushroom/sprouts salad. Just seems the thing to do!)

A beautifully bright fragrance, floral and sweet, a hint of lavender mint, almost fruity. Sweeter and less herbal than what I was expecting, but lovely all the same.

Reminds me of Sea of Glass.