Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
naeelah

Eros

And eros again the loosener of limbs makes me tremble
A sweet-bitter unmanageable creature.

Myrrh, lilac, and honey wine with crimson tea leaf and sweet resins.

Hey, I get to start a topic! I really wanted to try this but forgot to order an imp. Luckily, as it turns out, the psychic lab sent me Eros as a frottle. I couldn't be happier, because this stuff is divine (er, no pun intended).

The honey wine is the strongest note starting out, and it's similar to the honey in Fairy Wine. In the bottle it smells just like a glass of mead, but on the skin I don't find it overly boozy. The tea note is lovely and strong, and the lilac cuts the sweetness of the honey.

As it wears, for me, it gradually becomes smokier, but it never gets very dark. The initial dry down is sweet, honeyed tea with lilac, deepened by myrrh. It is GORGEOUS. So far I can't really pick out specific resins, just the myrrh.

This reminds me a lot of Famine, which I loved in the air but hated on my skin (where it turned into ashtray). Compared to famine, it's slightly less earthy and also less sharp and dry. More sweet, less slick.

I thought this blend might be more masculine, being Eros and all, but it's not as masculine as even Famine is. (And I found Famine pretty middle of the road.) So it's definitely unisex, probably leaning to the feminine side, from the sweetness.

ETA: After about 4 hours, the throw has faded considerably, but the scent is still quite noticeable, close to the skin. It's a softer version of the same thing, although probably a little less sweet. I think the lilac is more prominent, but it's a subtle difference. Edited by naeelah

I really like Eros, and I think it's just going to get better with age! It starts off rather strong on the lilac, but it settles pretty quickly. The honey wine is sweet and round. The crimson tea leaf adds a bit of a herbaceous edge to the blend. Further into the drydown, the tea note settles and the honey wine and myrrh are the most prominent notes here. The lilac fades as well, blending in beautifully. This is a wonderfully crafted scent. Sweet and smooth. It darkens during wear, but not considerably. Just... YUM.

A somewhat voluptuous scent. I get the lilac and the myrrh most strongly, in equal measure. They blend beautifully, and underneath I can detect the barest hint of the tea leaf. The scent has some sweetness to it, but isn't what I would call sweet. It feels full, if that makes sense, in the same way as some red wines are-this is the perfume equivalent! :) It has very good staying power, and stays remarkably true, not morphing much at all. I think it is definitely one for myrrh lovers!

In the bottle, this is like smelling the dry leaves of a fruity flavored tea. It's a clean, light scent.

On my skin, it's much the same, except a really pretty honeyed note takes center stage. I don't normally like honey; I find it sickly sweet and strangely metallic on my skin, but the honey here is smooth and clean smelling. After a half hour or so, the honey fades away and I think that I can smell a soft floral from the lilac. It doesn't smell like lilac normally smells on me, though, it's much softer and a touch powdery. I might have guessed that the floral was lily.

Overall, this is a soft, clean smelling fragrance on me. It smells pale and watered down. I don't smell any myrrh or resins. I like The Dormouse a lot more for a clean tea type of scent.

In the imp: Mildly sweet and slightly fruity.

On my skin: On my skin this almost smells like a berry infused white tea with honey. I'm not detecting too much lilac in this at all. This is gentle, sweet and unobtrusive. This seems to have great lasting power yet it hugs my skin. As it dries the myrrh comes out more. There is a refreshing quality about this, like lounging outside at sunset in the springtime with a cup of light tea and smelling the sweet scent of smoldering incense nearby (lol Dr. Suess would be proud of that sentence :P). This really just relaxes and soothes me.

Dry: After about an hour I can smell the lilac, which only adds to my springtime sunset daydream. Underneath the lilac sits a nice, warm base of myrrh and resins. It's mildy floral, sweet and with a slow dance of incense. Very pretty!

Overall: This is a very wearable scent. I see this one as being very popular, there's something in this for everyone :)

Sweet honeyed wine (think Fairy Wine) and a lovely lilac note that opens up after a few minutes. The myrrh and resins make a deep background for Eros but the honey and wine are the standouts here. It's a bit too sweet for me but I do like the lilac as lilac usually doesn't work on me, and it's very pretty here.

Kiiiind of like White Rain shampoo initially; DH says it's like scented toilet paper. SHUT UP!!! :rantrave: Give it a minute...Fresh lilac, fruity red tea, and sweet, dry resins. There we go! It gets fizzy, then slightly creamier and more transparent as it dries-like honey incense dust. It's a great warm weather scent for a dark scent lover like me. It's clean without being soapy or girly or too "nice". It's slightly herbacious, and not too floral. I love lilacs, but in perfume sometimes they make me feel too wistful, like a child or a grandmother. Not here. Mixin' with the beloved myrrh and sexy honey. YEAH!

Edited by lookingglass

In the initial application I was thinking that it was a preaty nice scent. There was a sweetness from the resins and being the tea addict that I am I was more than mappy to find the tea very readable in this blend. Then after a while it mellows down to be very herby with that perfume scent to it. Course that might be that corrupting honey that ruins it for me...I can see how on the right person this would be absolutly amazing but for me it just wont work. 1/5

An overwhelming smell of stale sweat, with a hint of fizzy candy.

I have no explanation. o_O

In bottle: I really like the tea/resin combo here. The florals are pleasant and blend well with the resins. Wet: The wine comes out more on the skin. The resins remain really tasty, but the tea softens rather. I usually don’t do well with wines, but this works remarkably well. Dry: This is so sweet and honey rich it’s surprising. I like the way the wine and resins blend. I’m not big on wine scents, but this is the Queen of them, I think.

And again, oh lilac, you do strange things to my skin. This time, you end up smelling like celery. For me, this is a very fresh, very green... very celery blend with a touch of honey.

Ah well.

The honey fights with the tea at first. Then it comes up floral. While I can tell the lilac, it's a rather complicated scent.

Oh, thank you for your reviews, lookingglass and zankoku_zen; I'm not crazy!

In the bottle, it's a nice herbaceous tea and wine. But on me, it is, yes, White Rain shampoo and celery seed. Where, oh where, are my lilacs? At least other people seem to like it. It might be nice in an oil burner or scent locket, since I quite like the smell in the bottle. This isn't really saying "Eros" to me, unless it's supposed to evoke seducing your lover in the shower or something. *lol*

I received a frimp of this from the lab with my last order and I am glad that I did! Before I write my review though, I must say that my take on this scent varies a bit from the reviews that I've read. So I wonder if I actially did get Eros or something else. :unsure:

In the imp: this smells sweet, but fruity. Like a light caramel apple. With tea.

On me: still very sweet, still fruity and tea like. After a little while I can smell something that reminds me of wood. It's probably the myrrh. I can not smell lilac in this at all, for which I am grateful as my skin amps lilac like nobody's business.

I also tried this on the husband and it smells very much the same, except in the drydown he amps the myrrh a bit more, so it turns into a more masculine scent.

Overall: I love this scent. I think I could even use it as a room scent as it reminds me of a place in the country that I love to visit in the fall that is surrounded by apple orchards and makes apple pies. It smells like fall! Awesome. I'm definitely getting a bottle of this with my next order. Hopefully the imp is labelled correctly. ^_^

Oh, my! This is lovely! This scent turns out to be exactly how I had hoped Litha would smell like. Whereas Litha had a strong gum note that overtook everything else, Eros is pure honey mead. Sooooo good! I just want to eat my arm all up!

The only drawback I can see is that this scent doesn't last long at all on me and it doesn't have as much a throw as I would have liked. At least it is a GC, so there will be much slathering!! Mmmmm!

I pretty much smell lots of lilac and myrrh mixed together. I don't know if there is an actual wine note in the 'honey wine', but Eros manages to go sour on me pretty quickly, much like Athens did. It's not as obnoxious as Athens was, but still not for me.

1246894308_ipmxj-Ti.jpg

There’s a candy-like note in this when first applied that is not appealing. I think it may be the honey wine; I’m not a fan of wine notes, and honey lately has not worked well for me either. I was truly hoping for more lilac than my nose detects in this blend, but all I got was Bit-O-Honey. Where’s the myrrh, the resins? For that matter, where's the lilac? :(

Edited by stellans

Oh my, this is sweet! Not in a bad way, but that's definitely the theme here.

When I put it on, it almost seems to be a single note of honey, though there's something a bit green and maybe a little smoky behind it. I smell something kind of fruity in there, too, maybe the wine. In the imp it's a bit darker and rougher. The honey jumped straight out at me at first, but I think I smell the myrrh more strongly before I put it on. The resins jump out in a "what does that smell like? I can't quite figure it out" way. It's still really sweet even after it dries. It lingers as a soft, sweet mead incense.

I'd been leaning at first toward "oh, this is awfully sweet. Drink it, sure, if it tasted like it smells, but I don't know if I actually would wear it", but I like this quite a lot once it's dried. :D

Hurrah! I am NOT the only person to get celery from this perfume! I put it on and as soon as it hits my skin it smells of celery.

I'm holding onto it just because maybe one day I'll want to smell of celery...

From the imp, this smelled very apple-y.

Now on my skin it is still very much apple, but with some resin and honey.

Reading over the previous posters reviews, I can see where the celery note idea comes from. Actually, now that I think about it, it reminds me a little of celery and peanut butter snack, with apples and peanut butter on the side. oh yum!

At first sniff this is not something I like, but yet a week later I keep dabbling in it...there's something bitter spicy and dark lurking...odd scent...

This reminds me of the scent of a freshly snapped twig. Very green and pungent before the dry-down, which brings a sweeter note, probably the honey or the lilac. It's floral, but not overwhelmingly so.

This is a weird chemical combo while wet. After it dries, it turns into a combo of Bit-o-Honey candy (Stellans, you nailed this one) and lilac. When I take a whiff, I get the candy and then the flower. I am interested in seeing how this ages and which scent will preside.

ETA: 10/23/09... a honeyed and resined lilac wins the election--- I LOVE this.

Edited by voodoocatwoman

In vial: honey and the same fruity wine note from Fairy Wine, over deeper myrrh and resins.

Wet on skin: sweet and slightly foody, without actually smelling of recognisable food! I can't really pick out the individual notes, but I like it.

Dry on skin: ew - something bitter is amping up here and I'm not sure what it is, but I don't like it! This has changed completely very quickly. Skin chemistry failure!

it's sweet myhrr and sweet resin... soft, powdery, sweet.