savage_rose

Lupanar Atmospheric Spray

Good God, what a night that was,
The bed was so soft, and how we clung,
Burning together, lying this way and that,
Our uncontrollable passions
Flowing through our mouths.
If I could only die that way,
I'd say goodbye to the business of living.

Honey, myrrh, ylang ylang, and almond.

When I saw these notes, I thought "Please let it smell like Naturistics Honey and Almond Cleanser from the 90s! Please!" And when it arrived today I spritzed it in the air, it DID...roasted almond, sweet honey, and an added smoky resinous quality from the myrrh. But spraying it on my comforter, I can also smell the sweetness of the ylang ylang...I like ylang ylang, but I'm not sure I do in this blend...it's a warm, sexy scent, but then the ylang ylang lightens it up and makes it something lighter and less intense. I think I love this, ylang ylang and all, but it will take more spritzes to be sure ;). I definitely like it as an air scent!

OMG, I got this at work today (YAY for making THAT decision) and immediately went out to my car to spritz it. I was careful, because I know how strong these things can be, and.... :wub2: I want to buy it again. And again. It is GORGEOUS. In fact it's so great I'm pretty much useless for objective conversation here. All I can say is BUY IT!! Buy it now!! Feel free to buy me some more too! *lol* It's amazing!

Editing the next day to add: This morning on my way to work my car smelled AMAZING. It's still filled with lucious honey, almond and that smoky, spiciness that must be the myrrh. This is the first time that I seriously think I have to order another bottle, budget permitting.

Edited by Seadreamer

Wow, Lupanar is AMAZING.

The honey reminds me completely of Mead Moon or O but with a teeny bit of almond and a deeper darker scent that seems to ground it. I can't really distinguish either Myrrh or Ylang (and I thought I was pretty familiar with each!)

The bottle I have is for a circle -- I am seriously considering getting my very own bottle. Even though I have 18 bottles of Room Spray from the Post right now. Srsly.

This stuff is incredible.

The scent is amazingly sweet and rich. The almond and honey give it an almost foodie fragrance, but the other notes temper that down a bit. The myrrh gives it the rich, dark depth and the ylang ylang makes it wonderfully sensual.

I sprayed it in my bathroom when I received it Thursday night, and the scent is still there when I entered my bathroom this morning(Saturday). So not only does this have a gorgeous scent, it lasts forever so it's an incredible value too! It is so very sexy, a good scent to add to the air for times when you want to be seductive.

Love it!!! Go buy a bottle!

Based solely on prior reviews, I decided to go ahead and get a bottle of Lupanar.

I am NOT disappointed! :thud:

This stuff is GORGEOUS. The Honey note is the Single Note variety that I got from a Forumite about 18 months ago- sweet, delicious, and warm. This is richer, in my opinion, than either the honey in O or Mead Moon, as both of those seemed to have a slight bitter edge (possibly from other notes with them, but it came off seeming like it was the honey note). In any event, Honey is dominant here, in a big way.

I get no ylang ylang from this, but the almond and myrrh-though VERY subtle compared to the honey-add a nice warm roundness to to the scent overall.

in all: while Cathouse remains my preferred scent for the boudoir , Lupanar is perfect for cozy evenings (or days!) at home with my beloved, snuggled up and eating delectable foods by candlelight together.

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Unfortunately this one didn't work out for me - I think honey lovers will find it amazing, but I have issues with honey scents smelling musty-ish to me. Very disappointed as it was my first bottle purchase, and wish it worked for me like the other people above my post.

Mmmmm.

This is amazing! First squirt, I really get a lot of the myrrh and ylang ylang. Then the honey comes out and wow! It's.. sweet, but I really think it's tempered by the above notes so it's not cloyingly sweet, but rich and fantabulous! I really don't pick out the almond, but I think my nose is a little burnt out (I've also been sniffing the bath oils Glacies and Incendias).

I'd definitely say this is for honey lovers. And I can so see this as the olfactory experience for a romantic night. It smells /so/ sexy to me. If hubby were around.. I might be pouncing on him. :lol:

If you love the lab's honey note, especially if you want it to work for you but it just turns into cat pee, YOU MUST TRY THIS. Remember, room sprays mean never having to say "I can't wear this"!

Although I can smell each note distinctively, once it settles, the prevailing quality is definitely honey. The honey is a rich, round, smooth honey, part beeswax and part sweetness. It's the same kind of honey that's in Mead Moon, and combined with the almond and myrrh, this spray is a very similar kind of scent overall. It's not spicy enough to be MM's twin, but it's definitely a close cousin.

The other notes really just enrich and round out the honey scent, to my nose. I smell ylang ylang, I smell almond, but this isn't a floral or nutty or resinous scent. It all unites under the glorious tree of HONEY! (Spray upwind of a Pooh at your own risk.)

I can't wear the lab's honey, ylang yang, or almond notes, but I've realized that what I hate on my skin, I generally love as a room scent. And I do really like Lupanar.

This doesn't have quite as much throw as the rest of my room sprays, though it does last quite a while (several days) if it's sprayed on linens/pillows. I can normally do one spritz of atmosphere spray in our guest bathroom and the scent spreads all throughout our house, and is crazy-strong in the room it was directly sprayed in. This one seems to stay in the room that it was sprayed in, and is a lot lighter. It starts off smelling like warm, toasted almonds and slightly earthy honey, and it dries down to mostly sweet honey with very slight hints of toasted warmth and something incensey.

The honey is definitely the main player in Lupanar. This smells sweet, exotic, and very pretty. I think that it's a rather inviting home fragrance. And I love the gorgeous pattern of reds on the label. I'm really glad that I went ahead and bought a bottle. ^_^

Edited by Little Bird

My bottle arrived today and it's a lovely sultry blend. This is a heavy fragrance so a little goes a long way. I love how the scent just envelops you. If I didn't already have so many other atmospheric sprays, I would buy another bottle. It's that good. :wub:

OMG - this was INSTANT love for me! Strangely enough I am wearing Hony Mone today & they are so complimentary. And a lil goes a LONG way - I sprayed it twice & my boss came running out of his office wondering what the smell was! I wish I had gotten two bottles!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ooh, I love this! It's mostly rich, gorgeous honey, with just a bit of almond to give it complexity. There is a floral quality, but the ylang-ylang doesn't stand out itself - it just adds unsuspectingly. Likewise with the myrrh - I'd never know it was there, but it rounds out the scent somehow, makes it a bit darker. Still mostly this is golden and sweet and soothing. Not too sweet, though - it's not foody.

I received this as an extra from alicia_stardust, so thank you! :wub2:

I only got a decant of this, and I wish I'd gotten a whole bottle!

To me it smells most like Hetairae: rich, thick, golden, and unbelievably sultry. I get honey and ylang ylang off it.

This is the one I like to use when I'm planning a tryst with my spouse. It wafts through the whole house and lasts for many hours.

Lupanar - This is uber-sweet, sticky honey that's had an additional layer of intensity added to it by the sweet almond. It's almost too sweet. It's definitely sexy and sticky. I don't smell the myrrh or ylang ylang at all. It's all honey and almond. I think it's actually too sweet for my taste. I wish there were more myrrh to temper the sweetness.

Uber sweet, sticky honey, almond, and a touch of ylang ylang. Heavy honey and almond. Very sweet.

If you're into heavy gourmands or honey, give this a whirl.