Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
inurbanus

Milk Chocolate Buttercream

Milk chocolate buttercream.

I love this, it is practically obscene. I love the dry down, that's when I get the buttercream whiffs. Wet in the bottle it smells exactly like chocolate chip cookies to me. The creaminess of the chocolate on is just right, it is rich but it isn't a cloying or plastic like note at all. I'd definitely get another bottle, because aging this is going to be insanely good I reckon.

Like I mentioned in my other reviews for the box of chocolate scents, I am a little weary of the chocolate scents as they seem to go all wrong on me.

In the bottle: delicious! Smells like rich chocolate frosting.

On me: alright, this isn't so bad. However, just as the other arm with the White chocolate strawberry was starting to get really good, this one was turning really bad. It ended up smelling like chocolate scented plastic.

Overall: I'm not going to give up on it. I'll try it another time and if it still turns horrible, I'll put it in a locket.

This smelled like the most decadent chocolate buttercream frosting ever. On wet, it was this insanely yummy frosting....

and when it dried, the cream went t plastic. :cry2:

Damn you skin chemistry.

I'm tempted to just keep the imp and huff it. Seriously. It's that good.

wet/in imp: milk chcolate frosting.

dry: milk chocolate & buttercream frosting. delicious. cocoa pops out a lot in this.

i'm going to let this sit for a week or more and then try it again. i seem to turn milky things into a sour milk mess.

it's delicious though and i was amping the milk choco cocoa scent.

In the imp chocolate buttercream

Wet wow this is good it is chocolate and a rich think creamy scent.

Dry: this is a really thick creamy chocolate buttercream frosting.

:wub2:

I'm a total chocoholic and this scent does not disappoint. Sniffing the bottle it does smell a bit boozy, but applied on my skin it's a beautifully creamy milk chocolate. Definitely a keeper. :wub:

I will never understand why the lab's chocolate note goes so wrong on me. :think:

This scent is a perfect example.

Wet in the imp-droolworthy chocolate frosting with a hint of cream.

Drydown on the skin: Fake chocolate and Nuts :eek: WTF?

Sigh...off to the swaps with this one as well.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person that this smelled like blue cheese on. Seriously. How did chocolate turn into cheese on my skin? I love blue cheese ... in my salad. Not on me.

In the bottle: The creamiest, most luxurious milk chocolate. This ain't no Hersey bar -- this is gourmet.

On, wet: Rich chocolate frosting, or maybe fudge. I can't decide between the two, and now I'm hungry.

On, dry: Stays pretty true, doesn't go all weirdly powdery like I half-expected it to. There's just a hint of something boozy in the background, but this is pretty much pure, delicious chocolate. Unfortunately, I can't think of an occasion where I'd want to smell like chocolate, and I think this could ruin my diet...

Indeed it is! It's a very sweet chocolate. It reminds me of icing, which makes sense for the buttercream.

This is Gelt's sweeter sister. It is smooth, warm, not at all plastic chocolate like some of the other Box scents went on me--and dries to a less sweet but still delicious, velvety, ambery finish. Almost powdery, but in a good way. I was originally going to look for a partial, but oops, look what happened: a bottle of this fell into my shopping cart last night. huh, how'd that happen...

Chocolate scents can go wonky on me and this one did as well. Smells very rich in the bottle but on my skin, turns a little yeasty.

I've got a tiny amount in a vial...and it was enough to make me want to order a full bottle. So I did.

In the vial I have, it's really sweet and chocolately, and it smells more like frosting than what you'd find in a box of chocolates. On me...well...I haven't got a ton to test on my skin yet, but once the bottle comes, I'd be more than happy to elaborate! What I've smelled thus far hasn't disappointed, and it makes me want to gnaw on my arm...both of my parents smelled it and they both said that it makes you hungry. Om-nom-nom! :yum:

EDIT!Finally have my full-sized bottle!!!

In the vial - as mentioned above, sweet and chocolatey, almost like liquid frosting!

On me...mmmmm, choooocolate. It reminds me of this Bonne Bell Lip Lites pot I used to have in fudge brownie. It was my favorite lip stuff EVAR, because it smelled (and tasted!) so good! Even on me, this smells more like a cake/frosting, than it does a chocolate candy, I think. I don't use a huge amount of oil, usually, so as of this wearing, it's a bit hard to smell it on myself now, which saddens me. I have to actually stick my nose in my inner elbow to catch it, but it'll probably heat back up and become more obvious after I walk to work.

Overall, a deliciously chocolately scent that's sure to make you hungry (or, maybe just a few of you). I'm glad I got this bottle when I did - AND it was my first ever order fromt he Lab itself! :D

Edited by BrainCake

In the imp: Ohhh man, why did I not buy a bottle of this? It smells like Candy Butcher but better.

On the skin: Noooo, NOOOO, nonononononono! Cloying sugary high-pitched sweetness and not much else.

You, Sir, are no Candy Butcher!...but maybe not bad on someone else's skin chemistry. *shrug*

From first sniff in the bottle until I wash it off 8-9 hours later, this is rich, creamy milk chocolate. The Lab's chocolate note has proven to be tempermental on my skin *glares at Bliss and Velvet* so maybe the buttercream is making it behave for me. There's no discernible morphing over time for me--it's just a buttery, chocolately love fest.

Try it, wear it in public and prepare to be NOMMED by friends, co-workers, luvahs and random strangers.

In the imp: milk chocolate-the finest Belgian variety. With a liqueur filling.

Wet on skin: very similar to Bliss and Velvet now.

Dry on skin: this is actually quite similar to the Candy Butcher at this point, but with milk chocolate instead of dark. The milk choc is very similar to Bliss, but I prefer this-I found Bliss to be very flat and bland, but this one is richer, fuller. It also resembles the milk choc in Gelt, but less powdery and creamier. I don’t smell blatant buttercream, but I think that’s what gives the chocolate note in here a bit more oomph than usual.

After a while: this becomes much, much fainter, losing that initial rich creamy scent turning into a dusty drinking chocolate scent at times. Then I smell cocoa butter (as opposed to buttercream) come out, and I like that. it reminds me more of Gelt, but I prefer that because of the amber. I wish it were a little stronger, but as a milk chocolate single note scent, this is much nicer than Bliss. This lacks the creamy sweetness of Candy Butcher though.

Verdict: this smells good enough to eat, but I wish it were a little stronger and lasted longer. But it smells much nicer and less buttery than expected. It’s got one of the loveliest, most genuine milk chocolate notes I’ve smelt, much nicer than Bliss, I think the buttercream does add a little more substance and smoothness to the chocolate in here. It does have a slightly faint and dry cocoa powdery drydown which I am not as keen on. It’s a shame really because if it had kept up that creamy just-dry stage, I would have bought more. The scent does have great layering potential though.

Emoticon rating: :yum:

Is it a keeper? not really, despite the delicious wet stage.

If you like this, try: Bliss, Velvet, Gelt, 13 (any), Candy Butcher

Wow this is good. It smells exactly like what it's supposed to, and it's delicious. I get the chocolate buttercream truffle thing; no plastic, no weird herbal thing. As it wears on it's a little less rich, a more powdery cocoa scent that I love.

I'm fine with the fact that it doesn't last too long - this one is aromatherapy! :lol: I'm not sure I would choose to wear it for "perfume" but I can totally see dabbing it on it as a pick-me up. Holy cow!

Yum. I'm really happy to finally locate a BPAL chocolate scent that works for me, for those times when chocolate is the only answer. :lol:

In the bottle, this is a thick chocolate cream scent, a haze that rises when you open the cap.

On skin and fresh, it is the most exquisite, rich and thick homemade buttercream frosting your momma/granny ever made for your earliest birthday memory. None of this "straight from a can" nonsense here!

After about a half hour, the buttercream turns grainy and to mild vetiver.

I am so glad I bought a 5ml of this! :joy:

At first this smells heavenly; it's a chocolate buttercream bakery cake! I want to nibble my arm...however, the drydown is very plastic; it reminds me of Bliss plastic... :(

At first it smells like sweet chocolate and buttercream frosting but when it dries there is a faint plasticky scent with the sweetness. It isn't a strong scent and doesn't last long.

YUM! Creamy chocolate. Smells just like a See's Milk Chocolate Buttercream. On the skin it gets almost sour as it dries- almost, but not quite (compared to Bliss, which has the almost-sour quality while wet and gets sour on my skin). AWESOME in the scent locket. Will need 2 bottles, at least.

Bottle: Yup, delicious sweet milky chocolate.

Wet: Yes, its delish chocolate, but it also brings to mind those chocolate-scented pencils we all used to huff in elementary school…and very oddly, I get a sense of “pool” out of this…something almost a tad…chlorine-y? Hope that doesn't last...

Dry: Luckily, no more chlorine. I still get “chocolate scented pencils” out of this. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t smell bad—it harkens back to my elementary school days, when I felt like the coolest kid cuz I had a scented pencil from Hersheypark. ;) I also get a bit of a coconut vibe from this. Fades to a gentle sweetness in 3-4 hrs, not discernably chocolate or buttercream, more of just a sweet perfumers base.

Overall: Yummy…but will I wear it as a perfume? There are so many complex chocolate blends that I love, and I think maybe this is too simplistic/foody for my tastes. I’ll have to think about it for a while longer (and try it when I'm not on cycle), and maybe let it age just in case it morphs into something more up my alley.

MCB is like the spawn of Bliss and Lump of Coal. It's more intense, IMO, than Bliss, but not quite as fudgy as LoC. It's a perfect balance of baked chocolate goodness. The downfall? It's amazingly short-lived--it lasts maybe two hours on my skin.

this one doesn't really smell chocolatey on me...more like buttercream.

just sweet, creamy, maybe caramelly.

way too sweet for my tastes, but not a bad smell at all.

In the imp: This is the creamier version of Bliss.

On my skin: I don't get much of a chocolate smell from this. It's like a faint whiff of cocoa, and then pure sugar. Which is fine by me, I do love my sugary scents! If you're looking for a version of Bliss that doesn't turn to plastic, give this a try.