Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jupiternf

White Chocolate and Sugared Violets

White chocolate and sugared violets.

Disclaimer: I have a terrible head cold, but I have been waiting for reviews for the box of chocolates myself and thought any review in a storm, eh?

In the bottle: Faith-a bit of spicy violet and a violet flavored rock-candy lolipop.

On my skin: This is pretty much my beloved Faith, only lounging about in the nude covered in whipped cream.

Verdict: Beautiful creamy spicy sweet violets, no powder, and as time goes on, seems to gain staying power. Do I need 20 bottles? Maybe.

Realize this bottle is brand new and still jumbled from traveling, and I have a bit of a cold.

I can tell you right now the violet note is not going to be the problem here. In the bottle there are little tiny globs floating aorund, which tells me we're using Beth's cocoa note, which is confirmed on the first sniff.

In the bottle: remember that 'off' cocoa note from Gelt?

Wet: Okay, that off note went away. Wet I get cocoa, not white chocolate at all, and the violets from Faith.

Dry: Oh man, this has got an amazing bloom. It takes a few minutes to get there, but whoa. The violets are light and sweet, very natural smelling. Not the powdery parma violets, or even the slight grittiness in Faith, this is light and airy violets. The chocolate note has lightened too. I'm no longer getting the heavy cocoa note, but instead its light chocolate. It's still not the white chocolate-cocoa butter note from Lush's Skinny Dip that I was hoping for, but it's clearly chocolate.

Overall, this doesn't say 'Valentines' to me was much as 'Easter'. Green grass, white bunnies, and pretty little flowers. I suspect once this settles down it's going to become an HG for violet lovers, but I think most others will enjoy it, but not need it.

Right now, this smells identical to Faith to me.

I am hoping the white chocolate comes out more as this wears on my skin and ages in the bottle.

Like the other chocolate scents, this is pretty self explanatory. It smells nearly identical to Faith -- bright, shimmery violets with a crust of white sugar -- with a warm, almost toasty creamy quality. Faith was total soap on me, but this is very nice. The white chocolate balances the dryness of the violets well. I often find violets a bit shrill, but the cream makes them more subdued here.

Although a sweet scent, I think this is the least foody of the White Chocolate blends. If you wanted to like Hope or Faith but they didn't work for you, try this. I think it's better.

In the bottle: chocolate. Is this what the lab's white chocolate smells like? Because it brings to mind a very very dark chocolate for me. Very dark and deep.

Wet: Deeeep chocolate, dark and rich, but not buttery or creamy, just deep deep flavorful chocolate. And now the violet comes out. My, this is so nice. The violet is slightly sweet and candyish, but not too sweet. And together they are so well balanced, blending together perfectly. One complimenting the other. I wasn't sure that I could really pull this off from the description, but this is perfect. It's not too foody or too violety.

Drydown: Sweet and chocolate and violet! Sometimes violet can be too pushy on me. Sometimes violet can smell kind of medicinal and harsh, but this violet is subdued. She's there, but not screaming. And the chocolate is soo sooo sooo good. I can't wait for my order to come so I can try the others. I can see wearing this a lot, which is not what I had expected. Purple and chocolate *huffs wrist* :luv2:

If I had to compare this to something, I'd say it's a lot like Boomslang with violet instead of Snake Oil.

ETA: After an hour I do smell the "sugar" from Hope. I never tried Faith, but I'll bet it's the same note. So I amend my opinion to a cross between Faith and Boomslang.

Edited by Tempest

This smelled of bitter chocolate and fresh violets! :blink: The chocolate never sweetened up...it was just bitter and the violets make it nauseating. Unfortunately, I had to wash this one off.

This doesn't really smell like white chocolate to me, but more of a milk chocolate or cocoa. It's like violet dipped in milk chocolate and dusted with cocoa powder. The violet is sweet, dark purple, and a touch powdery. Violets always smell bruised and melancholy to me in this pretty sort of way...

Anyhow, this is a really beautiful, simple blend. I can smell the chocolate and the violet equally. Milk Chocolate Buttercream is my love of the chocolate box, but I'm really liking this violet one as well. I might need another bottle of this one before it's discontinued.

In bottle/imp: Powdery white chocolate and fruity violets.

Immediately on skin: This smells like the same violet as Faith: sweet, candied, and a bit fruity. There’s also the white chocolate note, which is kind of creamy and kind of powdery at the same time. It smells a little “off” however.

After a little while: The white chocolate note in this gets a little stronger, but other than that this blend doesn’t change much.

Overall Impressions: This unfortunately doesn’t work on me. The violet is fruity and the white chocolate note isn’t very sweet and has an odd powderiness to it.

I aslo agree that this doesn't really smell like white chocolate at all... very smooth milk chocolate! The violet is sugary and smells like purple-lightly sugared berries to me. The milk chocolate remains the dominant on my skin, with light breaths of the violets thrown in. I like it that way because it with every whiff, it seems like just chocolate, but then surprises me with those wonderful violets!

The smell is lovely and simple, doesn't morph and stays true to the in-bottle scent. I adore it (my favorite of the chocolates)! And am happy I got a backup bottle, though I may need ONE more lol :D

I am not a floral fan by any means, violet included but wanted to give this one a whirl and it's actually pretty nice. The white chocolate really foods up the violet, making it wearable for me. It reminds me of Isle of Eden's A Violet's Dream Come True, which again, not a 'me' scent but not bad at all.

I would never wear this normally but it's really nice and I know you violet lovers will like it.

Faith dipped in white chocolate! Lovely. Very light and airy and a little bit powdery. This smells like an old-fashioned sort of candy, or like a Violet Crumble. Delicious.

In the bottle: Warm chocolate and the same violet scent as Faith.

On my skin: CHOCOLATE!!!!! and the teeniest, tiniest hint of violet.

Beth's white chocolate note is wonderful...and with violets (normally a problem note for me), it's really nice! Very true to the concept, and very much a white chocolate slathered Faith. I'm more fond of my White Chocolate Strawberries, but I'm also holding onto this decant.

Simply gorgeous. The white chocolate blends from the chocolate box have been a huge hit with me. In this blend, white chocolate really mingles with sugared violets and almost comes across as a milk chocolate blend. This is more sweeter than the other two white chocolate scents, and a little more powerful throw wise. Another bottle worthy blend.

I really love this, and have been slathering with abandon.

It's much more dark chocolate than white to my nose, with a background of Faith's sugared violets. I love chocolate (though I don't always love wearing it, and the Lab's chocolates are hit and miss with me) and I love violets, so I expected this to be a winner with me. And it is. It varies with the day, though...the first day it was fabulous on me, the second it smelled a bit sour. Today it's delicious again. I don't know if the time of the month has something to do with it or not, but I'm so glad I got a bottle of this one.

This definitely smells like Faith, but much sweeter and sugary with the creamy white chocolate note played in. As it dries, it softens to a unusual, yet very pretty scent.

I'm really loving this one... soft, sugary sweetness, and it lasts for a long time! I applied this at 3pm, and it's now after 9pm.

This is like Faith when she went on a binge and got into the chocolate heart box. It's that sweet, sugary violets that you've grown to know and love in Faith, with a bit of tang! Chocolate! I like this well enough, but I'm thinking it needs to age to turn into something spectacular.

in the bottle: heavy on the chocolate. this is the chocolate of the white label 13 of years gone by. yup.

wet on skin: ahhhh- the violets are starting to emerge. :D

dry down: the violets are subtle in here, though they are *definitely* the sugared violets of Faith, and the chocolate has become cocoa butter- which is essentially white chocolate without all the sweet crap added to it.

in all: medium throw, and a great interplay between the two notes. i personally love violet above all other florals, AND i'm a foodie, so this scent will require a back up bottle for me. if you feel the same- stock up!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

In the bottle, all I could smell was a rather harsh bitter chocolate scent. On first application, and for the first few minutes, my impression was of a sort of "dirty" violet -- not chocolatey at all, but with an overtone of dirt, as if the violets were pushing up through dusty earth. And they emerged! A lovely rich sweet violet scent, lightly sugared. If you love violets, you will want to try this one, and don't be scared off by the chocolate note or the threat of foodiness. I am not a foody fan at all, but this going to be a favorite, I know.

Weird. this smells like milk or dark chocolate to me in the bottle. On, however, it lightens up to smell almost exactly like Faith, only a tad creamier and sweeter. Nice!

Meh. I agree that this doesn't really hit me as white chocolate -- I've not learned to distinguish variations in the lab's chocolate notes, unfortunately -- they all kind of smell the same to me.

In the imp, this is chocolate covered Faith. On my skin, it's just Faith, seeing chocolate never seems to last longer than 5 minutes on me. Sadly, this means I have the same problems with it that I have with Faith -- the violets are just too darn sweet and...fruity. The quest for the perfect violet continues...

wet/in imp: white choco & violets

dry: violets with a smidge of white choco

i'm just amping violets. they aren't sugared or anything...i get small bits of white choco...mostly its just violets.

no need for a bottle since i have 3 others.

Sniffing the bottle this smells identical to Faith.

Wet on the skin, it's still a twin scent to Faith. I get all sugared violets and no chocolate note.

The more it dries though the more the chocolate note is apparent...fully dry it's become a beautiful blend of chocolate, sugar, and violets. Sweet without being as foody as the other chocolate scents.