Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jupiternf

White Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Coconut

White chocolate, marshmallow, and coconut.

This is delightful!

In the bottle: White chocolate, not much else.

On and dry: Aha! Now the coconut fairly explodes on my skin, which has thankfully cooperated and kept a nice, sweet, true coconut going along with the white chocolate. The marshmallow shows up as extra creaminess after about 30 minutes or so, and all three scents blend beautifully. It does remind me of Midway, but lasts longer, and I think the white chocolate note makes it a bit richer.

I love it, and am very, very happy I got a bottle unsniffed!

(Edited because I can't type on the keyboard at home.) Edited by Shollin

In the imp: oooh, I want to drink this, it smells soooo good! Chocolate, marshmallow and coconut all being smelled.

Wet on skin: helloooo coconut! wow, yes, definitely coconut in here.

Dry down: aaah, yep, there's the chocolate, coconut just barely under that and the marshmallow adding a bit of a sugary powdery-ness, if that makes sense. Another yummy one from the chocolate box! :)

I think Tramp had it exactly right when she said this smells like Baileys. When it dries down it is similar to Dia de Reyes. The coconut was present at the very beginning, but disapeared on me. I didn't get any marshmallow at all, which is what I was really hoping for. I'm a huge fan of the Poof, so that was a disapointment. It's nice, but not what I was hoping for.

Wow... this is the most "white chocolate" smelling of the white chocolates! I don't get much marshmallow or coconut, but this does smell like delicious melted white chocolate.

I'm impressed!

Initially on, this smells just like baking coconut, the shredded kind you get in plastic bags, sweetened and ready to toast on top of baked goods. As it dries down, the white chocolate emerges and smoothes out the scent.

Over time, the coconut fades out and it is all about marshmallows and white chocolate--smooth, creamy, and sweet…

And sweet… and sweet… and sweet… This never toned down over the course of a LONG day at work. It's lovely, but maybe too rich and sweet for me to wear on a regular basis! Delightful, though, and probably a good base for layering with something more floral or herbal to cut the sweetness a bit.

Recaplet: A super-sweet, smooth and creamy confection.

My rating: 3 of 5 (Nice enough.)

Color impression: Creamy white.

Edited by kjirstiben

In bottle: Mmmm… it really does smell exactly as advertised. I want to eat this. Wet: So rich and delicious. The coconut really comes out in this phase. Dry: Marshmallow strongest, then coconut, with a hint of chocolate.

This was chocolate and coconut (where are you marshmallow?)... and then my skin ate the chocolate and I'm left with the coconut.

It kinda smells like those Almond Joys... without the almond.

If you love coconut, you HAVE TO TRY this blend.

wet/in imp: white chocolate & coconut....marshmellow is slightly there...smells almost like booze. yum

on/dry: booze...some coconut is peaking out but mostly it's just booze. this reminds me of kahlua.

i might pick up a bottle and i'm not normally a fan of coconut...but at least this isn't overly coconut.

Sniffing the bottle I get chocolate coconut liqueur. I seem to smell boozy notes with most of the Box of Chocolate scents at least upon initial sniffing of the bottle. Wet on my skin, it's mostly coconut and I worried about it becoming suntan lotion, but the white chocolate scent was there shortly after application and the more it dried, the more I could smell the marshmallow as well. The coconut note is balanced perfectly by the chocolate and marshmallow by the time the oil is dry on my skin.

Not my favorite box of chocolates scent, but still very yummy. :)

- In decant: A perfect blend of each note! It smells like a gourment smore! YUM!

- Wet on skin: Coconut moves to the foreground, but it’s very subtle. It’s wrapped with decadent white chocolate!

- Dry on skin: Same as when wet.

It reminds me of having a chocolate candy that has just enough coconut within to leave me wanting more! It’s super creamy and delicious!

I was curious about what the "marshmallow" part would be like, and it truly is kind of "fluffy" and white and sweet. Hee! The coconut isn't too overpowering like I was worried about, very tasty, and the white chocolate just adds more sugar and cream. This smells fattening in a FANTASTIC way; nothing is nauseatingly buttery or sugary and my mouth is watering. A lot.

This is the same marshmallow as is in marshmallow poof and it's definitely there. The coconut is not tropical-y. Rather, first it's meaty, nutty coconut and later on in drydown is more like toasted coconut. I was glad not to smell like sunblock. I really do like this note. I sold MPoof long ago because it made me smell like sex and I just didn't want to smell like that. :) This marshmallow does about the same thing but I may keep this anyway because the coconut and other notes balance out that aspect. After a while, the marshmallow turns into a honey-ish scent, like fresh, pale honey. VERY late drydown (12 hours later) smells like a faint creamy honey with a bit of nut in the background. This is very sweet and foody but sexy.

Kids I work with walked near where I was and said it smelled like fresh-baked muffins. When I said it was my perfume and they sniffed my wrist, a number of girls who usually thumb their noses at my fancy perfumes said, "You gotta hook me UP with some of that!"

Oh yeah...and the chocolate note seems to me to be just sugar and cream. I am also happy to say there was no burned note in here and nothing was fake or plasticy.

Edited by djnevermore

White Chocolate, Marshmallow and Coconut

In the imp: Baileys. Dead on Baileys. Maybe chocolate flavoured, but this is all Irish cream to me.

Wet on skin: still Baileys! But now I can smell the coconut as well.

Dry on skin: overpowering coconut! The coconut has amped up completely now-even overwhelming that wonderful Baileys note. I still smell the Irish cream but it’s overtaken by the coconut, which sadly is not the lovely creamy variety in Black Pearl, White Rose, Dia etc, but the dry, husky and even, in this instance, plastic-scented dry coconut shavings scent that I’m not so keen on. It’s a bit like sun lotion coconut, but drier. I can also smell chocolate, but to me this isn’t white choc (like in the other two scents) at this point. It’s more like milk chocolate for now.

After a while: the coconut is still the strongest note and is a little too strong. I was hoping for more marshmallow and chocolate, and eventually, I do indeed smell those notes more strongly. The coconut seems to get in the way, but underneath it there’s a gorgeous sweet squishy marshmallow and a very genuine white chocolate note-like in the other two white choc scents, this now smells like the real deal, creamy and cocoa buttery. If the coconut were just a little bit less loud, I’d be in love with this.

The coconut never leaves but over time it smells just like white chocolate covered pink marshmallows. Now I’m craving them. I remember eating a ‘kebab’ of marshmallows covered in a thick white choc coating. This smells exactly like it, but with coconut shavings on top.

In fact, as this develops, it actually winds up smelling very similar to the resurrected Midway on me. Maybe a bit more chocolatey, but it does remind me of Midway.

Verdict: this smelt so good in the bottle-like Baileys! But on my skin the coconut just went crazy and tried to blot out the gorgeous white chocolate, marshmallow and Irish cream notes in the background. If this has a coconut like the one in Dia, which is delicate and creamy, this would have been love. but the coconut here smells dry and raspy, a little too sweet, and a bit too suntan-lotion for me. It takes a while for the coconut to calm down, but once it does, the white choc and marshmallow smell so good, sweet and creamy but not cloying, with a Midway-ish vanilla drydown. I’m a little disappointed that the coconut got too aggressive in here, but I like this enough to keep a decant’s worth. (And another thing-Beth’s white chocolate note is fantastic!)

Emoticon rating: :D

Is it a keeper? Not the bottle, but an imp will do.

If you like this, try: Obatala, Elegba, Goblin, Upa Upa, Midway

This is more chocolatey than I would expect for white, which makes it better! The coconut is nice, and not overly sweet.

For some odd reason, I don't actually get coconut from this. Kind of disappointing because I love coconut notes. On me, this is definitely white chocolate warmed by marshmellow. I have problems wearing some chocolate notes (like Milk Chocolate Buttercream, Bliss, and Candy Butcher), but this white chocolate wear beautifully on me. I think it's going to be one of my comfort scents.

In the bottle: White chocolate and coconut, without any of the promised marshmallow.

On, wet: White chocolate and coconut, again, without any other layers.

On, dry: This fades into pure white chocolate on me, like all of the other white chocolate blends did.

This one doesn't quite agree with me--even in the bottle, I can't pick out the notes. Overall it reminds me of some sort of lip balm I had as a kid--some sort of Avon candy flavored one. Sort of waxy and generically sweet. There was a brief moment when it was still wet where I got a strong coconutty marshmallow scent, but now that it's dry, it's waxy lip balm. So sad, I really wanted to like this one.

In the bottle: I am smelling each note by itself, so yummy.

Wet: more of the white chocolate as a top note, with the marshmallow and coconut playing nicely under-neath

The dry-down: all three notes are combining in a lovely paean to foody goodness, with just a hint of the cocoa that is the base of the white chocolate drifting away from me. Each time I sniff my wrist, one of the notes jumps out for a nanosecond, and then there's that lovely rich scent of all three of them together. If this was a drink or a cake, I would be savouring every sip, lingering over each and every bite.

This oil smells so good, from start to finish, that I can hardly believe it! Except for honey and fruits, I didn't think that I was a foodie kind of girl. But this and WC & Strawberries have changed my mind. :) With either of them, I just want to put my nose on my wrist and just leave it there.

I was so sure that the milk and dark chocolates in the Box of Chocolates would work for me, and they failed to impress, alas. Chalk that up to wonky skin chemistry--either cocoa/chocolate work wonders on me, or they don't at all. WC & S, and WC & M & C are true delights. (I can't say that of WC & Sugared Violets, though.)

WC & M & C might be a good oil for sleeping. It's nice and soothing and relaxing.

This starts out strongly as sweet coconut, with hardly any chocolate at all. The chocolate comes out as it dries, and finally ends up as a sweet chocolate note with a hint of coconut. The chocolate note is realistic enough that I found myself hunting down a real piece of chocolate to nom on. It's also not as cloying as some other chocolate scents such as Bliss.

On, a very chocolatey scent, less white chocolate than dark chocolate. Obviously, my nose is strange. Still, it smells good, with a hint of coconut underneath it. Unlike most chocolates, it doesn't go dusty or "off" on me, and has good wear length. Towards the end, it softens to a soft marshmallow cocoa note. I like it, and am glad I took a chance on it!

It smells like unsweetened coconut. It wasn't sweet enough for my taste.

I am so excited to review; I have five of the six Box of Chocolate LEs, so I'm thrilled to begin sniffing away now...

Wet: Lots of coconut; not really chocolatey or marshmallowey, but definitely sugar and sweet

Dry: the chocolate and marshmallow are peeking through, tempering the coconut; this is a lovely sweet tropical scent...

All right.... here's my first review ever on this forum! I figured I'd pick one of my favorites to pop my bpal.org review cherry! ^_^

This is one of my favorite blends ever! I ordered the entire box of chocolate unsniffed because I'm a foodie gal at heart and just loved the concept!

OMG YUM THE ANGELS ARE SINGING. In the bottle/wet- creamy, sweet, sticky coconut macaroons. Dry- sweet, creamy white chocolate with wafts of coconut here and there.

This is one of my favorites EVER! Creamy, sweet, foody heaven. It smells like eating chocolate and vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone in the summer (coconut suntan oil). Will need many bottles.

Hmmm White Chocolate? I dunno about that.

It's definately chocolate though, but it's not a sweet chocolate at first. It smells a teensy bit like fake chocolate to me, like..a chocolate flavoured lip balm or...a chocolate body cream with lots of coconut. I like...but I expected something different. I expected to smell like a Milkybar with some coconut and Marshmallow.

Anyway...wet stage..Chocolate and Coconut...not very sweet.

Dry stage, the marshmallow comes out more YIPEEE!!! I've basically been dying to try Marshmallow Poof and a forumite told me the drydown of this oil is slightly similar. It does appear a bit more but the chocolate holds on.

When it's dry is when is gets sweeter and I'm liking it much more, the marshmallow has made this a mush more yummy blend. But still I'm thinking this is definately not white chocolate. Once it's compleyley dry it just smells like a faint sweetness on my skin.

Overall I think it's coo but glad I didn't splash out on a bottle...I'll stick to Sticky Pillowcase for my Marshmallow fix!