Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rice paper, white gardenia, and raw honey.

bottle: this is pure, sweet honeyed gardenia.

wet: this is mega-sweet, almost too sweet for me. i don't get rice paper just hyper gardenia slathered in honey.

dry: as this dries, it really does take on a light, tissue-y sort of feel. the honey fades to make this a more tame gardenia

Perhaps it's just me but, this is exceedingly pretty.

In the bottle, I'm getting the rice tissue--at least I'm assuming that that's what I'm smelling, as it doesn't smell like honey or gardenias to me. Wet, I get very, very light honey and gardenia. Dry, there's not much throw though that doesn't bother me very much. It's an almost transparent scent in a good way as on me, everything is immensely balanced. Overall, this is a scent I believe I do and will continue to enjoy.

This is a truly beautiful blend! Wet, it's a little heavy on the gardenia for my tastes, but as it dries, the honey comes out and really shines here. This is a honey note unlike anything I have ever smelled before, almost beeswax but not really. It's very hard to describe. The rice paper adds a fragility here, almost a soft creaminess. Really it's just stunning.

i totally did not expect to be blown away by this, but i am. :wub2:

it's very simple but it's so pretty and wearable! i put it on as an afterthought and couldn't help but wonder what smelled so good, not knowing what exactly this would end up as.

if this is gardenia, then whatever is in it makes it the prettiest scent of CLEAN ever. the DH was following me around as it was the exact scent of clean soap (which is actually my hair mousse but he doesn't know that!!) that he loves that is just like shower freshness or the best freshly washed clothes in the best smelling soap ever designed.

i was terribly afraid of the honey note, since my skin amps it and i get honeyedbutt out of it that is just so nasty i just avoid honey notes. but i didn't get any note of it at all (it's "raw honey" in the description FWIW)...so i am pleasantly surprised and thankful!!! It has great staying power and the more it dries and goes on with the day, the more you feel clean and uplifted and just so darn happy!!

the best way i can describe it as the Scent of Clean.

This is lovely, though a bit lighter and more delicate than I'd imagined.

The gardenia is a true floral, and the combination of rice paper and honey scents are rather creamy to my nose. Not too sweet.

It starts off all honey and gardenia...more like honey from bees fed on gardenia blossoms, actually. Sweet and intoxicating.

As it dries it is softening slightly. Maybe I can smell the rice paper? Yes, I think that I can. The flowers and the honey are also balancing out a little better, now. The scent is also getting fainter, though, and I hope that it doesn't fade completely.

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty..."

This was the first thing I thought of when I smelled Tissue. It's just so....pretty. And clean smelling. It does go slightly soapy on me (which most white flowers do), but it's still so....pretty. Surprisingly, I don't get much honey from this I usually amp it), but I am getting some of the rice paper (I think). I expected this to be far sweeter than it is, but I'm relieved it's not.

I have a feeling I will try layering this Graveyard Dirt since I'm more of a dirty girl. :lol: But when I just want something fresh and clean and well....pretty, I'll reach for this. I have a feeling it will get a lot of use this summer. :)

I had a horrible experience with gardenias once, so I expected to run to wash this off, but it's actually quite nice. It's floral, but not overly so, and not obviously gardenia (which usually pops me upside the head). Definitely a papery scent, too. I don't think the honey in here is particularly sweet, or there's not much of it at all. If it weren't for the label, I'd say this is a lovely scent for a young girl.

really lovely, fresh gardenias in full bloom, drizzled with droplets of sweet honey. i thought there’d be some powderiness from the rice paper but i’m not getting any. gardenia lovers, this is your scent! in spite of its prettiness, it’s too light for my taste. it stays very close to the skin and disappears too soon. oh well…i guess you can’t expect a bold, heavy scent when it’s called “tissue” :)

This is a very nice clean floral with linen overtones and the sweetness of honey. It kinda did make me think of a tissue - papery, soft and clean.

It's a very 'clean' sort of feel going into it. Like going 'au naturel'.

very bright, very sweet, perfume-y. this is a clean, floral scent. i don't detect any honey. this is very pretty, but a little strong. i like it, though, and would apply lightly.

I am the kind of person who has the crayon problem with LE oils. Much like my favorite color crayon when I was little, I can't use the ones that are my favorite because I don't want to run out of them, which is of course self-defeating but that's how I am. I have the crayon problem with Dream of the Fisherman's Wife, because I LUV it x1000 but I don't really wear it that much.

The good news is that I can start wearing it because tissue is a worthy substitute and in fact maybe even better. The throw is very similar, but the smell on my wrist with this one is more papery whereas fisherman's wife was more watery.

I do have to say, this is totally evocative of various sweet, viscous liquids oozing all over the place and being soaked up at my skin into a softer, blunted version of themselves.

Love it!!!

This is gorgeous - a beautiful light floral, with a touch of bitter honey depth. The gardenia is almost spicy, and definitely recommended for those of you, like me, who are floral-phobes.

Three thumbs up!

In the bottle: Colourless oil. Light, sweet, delicate, feminine, floral. Gardenia, honey, and a wispy, almost aquatic note that must be the rice paper.

Wet: More floral, and much stronger overall. The honey has an almost vanillic note. This feels very grown up, sophisticated, and expensive.

Dry: As usual, I'm amping the hell out of the very pure, bright gardenia, but it's not overwhelming. Definitely a faint salty aquatic undertone, too, which keeps the gardenia in check.

Summary: Strong, almost piercing, luxurious gardenia over light vanilla'ed honey and cool ocean breezes. Nocturnal & classically feminine in feel. Incredible throw and longevity.

It's the best gardenia scent I've tried, and a bottle will go a LONG way, so I'm in for one. Very evocative and rich despite its relative simplicity.

Such a sweet, elegant perfume! And what I love about this...honeyed gardenia would be such a Southern combination, but the rice paper adds that chilled "asian" influence that tones down the sweetness a bit and grounds it. I love this!

This is basically a striaght up gardenia for me. Which is good because honey can be quite the monster on me. There really isnt anything to wow me here but it is very nice, very floral and preaty. If you like florals a lot and gardenia then this is defenently for you. It kind of goes soapy on me tho.

Of all the scents in this update, Tissue was the one I was most looking forward to. I got a decant, and now I want a bottle to slather myself in. I like gardenia, but was hoping this would be more than that. I should have known that Beth would never do something that simple, becuase this is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever had the pleasure of smelling. If you looked up "pretty" in the dictionary, you'd find a scratch and sniff of Tissue.

It is floral, without a doubt. But it also creamy (though not foody-creamy) and mellow at the same time. I have no idea what rice paper is supposed to smell like, but when I think "rice paper" and smell my wrist, my mind immediately goes, "Oh yeah! I get it."

The only complaint I have is a complaint against myself. For some reason, I'm only smelling it very faintly. I've had a couple of office-mates ask me, "Is that you? That smells WONDERFUL!" so I know it's getting out there. I, however, have to put wrist to nose and inhale. And you know what? I can live with that. :wub2:

While wet I only smell the gardenia, but as this dried, it disappeared completely into the rice paper with a bit of the honey sweetening it up. It's very delicate, and as I smell it, I realize that this smells on me almost exactly like the Rice Flower and Shea from B&BW, which I was looking for a BPAL equivalent of! Score :lol:

Tissue is definitely rice paper and honey to me. I'm not really sure how gardenia is supposed to smell, but this isn't too floral. It actually reminds me a lot of Harikata, but a bit more subdued. Kind of like clean skin. Almost soapy, but not. This would make for a nice, fresh-out-of-the-shower kind of scent.

Wet, I get a yummy honey rice scent with a touch of gardenia. Gardenia is not my fave note, plus I amp it, but I just had to at least try this oil that has such a pretty name! Yes, there goes that gardenia, huzzah! Man it just loves my skin and pretty much is having a party at my expense. :lol: To be objective, this is a delicate, pretty, dainty scent, but I'll most likely pass this imp off to someone who will appreciate it more than I do. The rice paper scent I really liked, but the gardenia pretty much shoved that out of the way. *sigh*

Sniffing the imp, it's all gardenia.

Wet on skin, initially still gardenia then blends to a more woody scent (the rice paper perhaps?). Still not getting any honey though.

On dry down, woody gardenia. No honey, and I really needed this to be a little less floral and a bit sweeter.

But if you love Gardenia scents, this one's for you! ;)

Soapy, lightly sweetened fresh floral. Reminds me of the soapiness of Dirty and Wensleydale.

I can't pick up on the honey note, it's very understated and more of a supporting role than a detectable presence.

Pleasant, but not amazing on me. : -)

Prettiest soap scent ever. I mean it. And as a compliment, too :)

This is so delicate and feminine and clean that i can't stop sniffing my wrist. It's soapy in the best way ever; a perfect scent if you need something pretty but neutral, or something to put on when you're wearing your crisp linen shirt or lounging around in your white fluffy robe and slippers. But that's just me.

i love it. and even though I'm desperately trying to talk myself down from a massive bottle order before the Lupercalias go away, I'm finding it hard *not* to put this one on my MUST GET BOTTLE! list.

straight sniff from imp is indeed gardenia...

once applied the woody/crispness of the rice paper becomes present but vanishes quickly ...

i get zero honey out of this....

pure gardenia... :ack: ... bummer