Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hkhm

Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms

Soft moss, vanilla musk, and cherry blossom.

In the Decant ♦ Cherry Blossoms! Very similar to B&BW Japanese Cherry Blossoms.

Initial Application ♦ Oooh there's the moss. This is nice. Cherry blossoms have a distinct scent, but this is done right. Like actually walking through a cherry tree orchard.

Dry Down ♦ There's the vanilla musk - just a touch. This is still like walking through a cherry tree orchard, but hmmm there's something going on through that screen of pink clouds. Very very nice. Warm glowy edges.

I need a bottle of this. Edited by Shollin

This is a very clean masculine scent. It smells like water polo mixed with dryer sheets. Do not want. Must.go.wash.off.NOW

This was a surprise hit for me.

Wet: Cherry blossoms, sweet and fresh and soft.

Dry: This develops a skin-muskiness that mingles with the cherry blossom, and makes want to melt. The moss does appear, and serves to ground the scent a little in an almost sandalwood-type way.

I love this, it is comfort, warmth, and beauty. :wub2:

Soft, pink, clean and fluffy. Very slight hint of men's cologne, but that doesn't take any of the fluffiness.

A bit cleaner smelling than my usual preferences, but it's balanced nicely by the vanilla musk

Becomes nicer with dry down, skin-musky, just as Gale has said.

ETA: Love, love, loove the scent this leaves on my sweater's sleeves days after application on my wrists. So soft and snuggly, and slightly boy-ish.

Edited by blu°

I get a watery green floral--I think that watery note is what's reminiscent of men's cologne for other people. This scent just gets more masculine on the drydown...not for me.

expectations-

well I adore Kyoto's creamy spicy sakura, and perhaps this be similar sans spice, more green. (Spirit of Komachi was too water-y for me)

imp-

the vanilla musk is stronger than I thought, leaning towards a cologne-ish feel-well then! a little plastic-y? perhaps the moss?

wet-

quiet! where did that strong scent go? quite close to the skin, very soft.

the moss and vanilla musk is amping out the cherry blossom.

drydown-

a little later the blossom comes out, making it a bit more tasty. still somewhat put off by the vanilla musk/moss though.

verdict-

alas- I was looking forward to this one so, but I ultimately prefer my GC Kyoto!

Wow. So not what I was expecting. This is soft, unisex, herbal and almost aquatic. The moss gives it a green vibe and combined with vanilla musk comes across as one of my husbands cologne.

The cherry blossom is very subtle, and while the overall blend is soft, crisp and pretty, I just don't think it would warrant a bottle.

Imp: sweet, light floral. Almost soap like (but in a good way)

Wet: Sweet, almost powdery-floral. After a few minutes, something in this is similar to Jingo-Kogo. A lighter version of it.

Drydown: This is a sweet musky floral. I am really liking this one. The soapiness has almost faded.

Overall: Multiple bottle purchase. Light/medium throw.

Voyeurs, Ebisu, and Burberry Classic all smell so similar on my skin - sweet, clean men's cologne and lightly powdered skin fresh from the shower. Voyeurs starts off smelling almost identical to Ebisu, but with some baby powder added in. After an hour, it has dried down to nothing but baby powder on me.

I really wanted to love this, but it's not very unique on my skin. I loved Ebisu when I first got it, but I quickly grew sick of it, and I don't think that I'll find myself wanting to wear Voyeurs either. In the vial, this is a girly, pretty, soft pink cherry blossom, and I wish that the cherry blossom would stick around, but this scent just morphs into that boring clean cologne smell once it touches my skin :(

I love love LOVE cherry blossom and was very excited for this scent to arrive.

In the bottle: a light scent, but as other reviewers have said, also masculine. My hubby said that it smelt like really good cologne. I can just detect the cherry blossoms, but they are nice.

On me: cherry blossoms with a hint of something else. Not the vanilla, maybe the oakmoss? Anyway, it's a nice scent.

Overall: I like this one, but I don't know how often I would wear it. I'm thinking that it would be good as a lotion scent.

This to me is a very feminine scent. The vanilla musk and a hint of cherry blossom are the main notes to me. I really can't detect any moss at all, but I think it balances the blend and keeps the notes from turning too sweet. This is my current favorite from the Shungas. I do notice a slight hint of floral powder but I quite like that, and it helps make the blend soft and feminine to me.

I was told there would be Cherry Blossom.

What I get- Moss, Musk. Really using my imagination, I can convince myself there's some Cherry Blossom.

Smells clean in a very nice way.

Unisex.

In the imp: Sweet, bitter, cherry blossom.

Fresh on the skin: Soapy cherry blossom, oddly complex.

5 minutes later: Ooh. Soft cherry blossom, a little perfumey, slightly bitter.

15 minutes later: This is so pretty! Unusually pure cherry blossom, soft and not very sweet. A little perfumey for my taste, but oh, very pretty.

30 minutes later: A tiny bit soapy in with the perfumey, but overall, I like it.

1 hour later: Sadly, gets soapier and soapier.

2 hours later: Fading out into a light perfumey scent.

5 hours later: Gone except for the faintest breath of cherry blossom.

Verdict: I like the cherry blossom, but it's just a touch to perfumey/soapy for my taste. Will probably try it again, though.

One phrase: cherry blossom.

In the imp: This is a bright, white, clean medicinal smell.

On, wet: Mmmmm, soft moss and very gentle cherry blossoms. It's like laundry drying outside on a spring day. Delicious!

On, dry: Whomever said that this is "pink" was exactly right. This is all cherry blossoms and nothing else on me, to the point that it almost smells like soap. This is an incredibly feminine smell. I don't really like it, but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

In the vial, this smells a bit like masculine cologne--mossy with light musk. On the skin, it warms up quickly with a delicate pink floral tinged with clean powder. The moss is gentle and light. Astonishly simple in the drydown--delicate and musky.

A very happy, cozy blend. Unisex? I think so. The simplicity of this one is beautiful in itself.

Wet on skin: Vanilla musk.

Dry on skin: Faintly musky, with a warmth I'm associating with the moss. I get no cherry blossom out of this, sadly.

Verdict: It's a lovely soft scent, but it's just not 'me'.

In the vial: Soapy floral

Wet: Soapy floral (Cherry blossom?) and green moss. This is kind of like cologne.

Dry: I like this soapy scent! It's comforting and reminds me of my boy.

Overall: Will keep the decant and probably look for a bottle or two!

Cherry vanilla... or is that cherry blossom vanilla. It reminds me a bit of Katrina von Tassel, only with cherry instead of the rose.

Soft, masculine dryer sheets. I get very little cherry blossom from this scent.

Nice, but not a favorite, it's just not my kind of sexy.

Voyeurs among the Cherry Blossoms

In the imp: beautiful mossy cherry blossom.

Wet on skin: moss, cherry blossom and vanilla musk.

Dry on skin: oh, this is gorgeous. This smells like the wonderful sweet pink cherry blossom note from Cheshire Moon! Except this doesn’t have all the bright fruit of CM, instead this is softened by notes of powdery moss and sweet vanilla musk. This is like a gentle, delicate pink scent, cherry blossoms resting on soft light green moss with a fuzzy vanilla musk underneath. It’s perfect. I am reminded of Parthenope, with the jasmine and honeysuckle replaced by cherry blossom, or Bakeneko without the spices. All the notes are evenly balanced.

After a while: the moss does become a bit stronger, more powdery, but other than that, this scent doesn’t change too much. And I like that…it’s still a well balanced mix of mossy blossoms and that wonderful velvety vanilla musk underneath. The musk has the same ‘furry’ cosy feel to it that Bakeneko had (and indeed Cheshire Moon had this-maybe it’s the cherry blossom?)

The drydown is cherry blossom with a strongly mossy aspect, almost a wet moss scent but more powdery. I’d say it was like the CB in Cheshire Moon, moving towards the freshness of Hanami.

Verdict: this is really beautiful and makes me wonder why there are so few cherry blossom scents in BPAL, especially ones where this delightful spring floral really shines. This is like cherry blossoms of a velvety musky base with a mossy note which surrounds it like a mist of silvery green. it’s delicately powdery yet softly sweet, the cherry blossom and vanilla musk go together so nicely and the moss here is both a fuzzy powder scent and also a greenish and fresh background, the moss has a dewy quality to it at times. Whilst I must say I prefer Cheshire Moon because it’s a little sweeter and because sometimes the moss becomes overtakes the cherry blossom in this scent, this to me is CM’s more sophisticated sister, a wonderful and sensual springtime scent.

Emoticon rating: :wub:

Is it a keeper? yes!

If you like this, try: Hanami, Parthenope, Cheshire Moon, Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree, Kyoto, Bakeneko

In the bottle: Faint cherry blossom and moss--no vanilla musk! Pleasant, but very, very light.

Wet on skin: A little stronger, with yummy cherry blossom and moss (I adore the lab's moss note). But the vanilla musk is acting much more like white musk in this blend.

Dry on skin: Cherry blossom with a touch of greenery from the moss and some fizziness from the musk. This is the lightest of skin scents on me and will work well in hot weather or in no-scent environments.

In the bottle: Cherry blossoms and cologne

On the skin: It starts out cherry blossoms and cologne, quickly morphs to cherry blossom soap and cologne, and is surprisingly unisex. The first 30 minutes are the soapiest and then the vanilla musk comes forward. The vanilla reminds me of Antique Lace and Black Opal and is a rather clean and cold smelling vanilla (I suspect this might go plasticky on some). 3 hours later it's still going strong, with cherry blossoms over vanilla musk. I don't get much in the way of moss at all (the vanilla jumped on it and choked it), but I suspect aging it might bring the moss forward a bit more.

Verdict: It's a lovely spring scent and I'm keeping my bottle. :wub2:

Edited by Excetra

This is very pretty in the bottle-soft cherry blossom and moss with a touch of the vanilla musk-very lovely and extremely delicate.

Hmm...on my skin the moss goes kind of weird on me-almost cedary/pencil-y. I love the cherry blossom and the vanilla musk, but unfortunately, I think the moss just goes a bit off with my chemistry.

Overall, I can see this being an amazingly soft gorgeous blend on some people-it really is a well blended mix of the three notes. Unfortunately for me, moss doesn't always work, especially in a blend where it is more in the foreground than the background!

I smell the moss more than the cherry blossoms. This has the freshness and exuberance of Garden Path with Chickens, but the latter's complexity and peppery bite is replaced by a zen-like simplicity. It is truly the scent of spring.