Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Cheri

Philommeides

Laughter loving.

Peach wine, carnation, lemon peel, osmanthus, blood orange, wood violet, and tuberose.

In the bottle Philommeides is all fresh peach, and when wet it's all peach. But boy is it ever the sexiest peach I've ever smelled. As it's drying I'm getting similarities to Gladdener of All Hearts. Where is that coming from? I don't think they share any of the same notes. It's pretty and feminine. As it's drying I'm getting some carnation, but it's still mostly peach and something dark, maybe the wood violet. I can smell a tiny bit of lemon now. It smells like a really good drink.

I could fall for this one. It's a fabulous scent.

This is my first time starting a thread. Sorry if somethings not right.

I ordered this for the carnation, but it looks like the peach is going to steal the show. This is the very first glance at this baby, in a week she might be totally different- but man, I hope not!

In the Bottle: Lush fresh peach.

Wet: Peach Peach Peach! Did anyone every drink peach wine? Because it reminds me of that. Not schnapps, wine.

Dry: Okay, I knew there had to be flowers here somewhere. It's still all about the great, fresh, lush peach, but under that I'm getting some warm floral action. It's a sweet carnation, not spicy. It grounds the peach and keeps it from being more interesting and not strictly foodie. There might be a touch of something earthier, but just a touch.

Overall: This is crazy gorgeous and I'm not a peach fan. This does say warmth, and laughter, and slow, languid sex. The kind that takes ALL afternoon. I'm surprised at how much I like this, since it's so different from what I expected.

Edited by Shollin
Merged with existing review topic, removed Lab description. --Shollin

PEACH! Hello juicy lovely peach!

In the bottle and wet on my skin all I get is that peach note.

The drydown is much more complex, and my skin really seems to amp the tuberose because this is very much a white floral at close sniff.

I'm not sure what "wood violet" is supposed to smell like, but in this case I assume it's more woody as that note reminds me of the wood note in Glowing Vulva.

Very nice overall. Will be great for Spring.

I ordered a bottle of this for a friend. To me it smelled deliciously like peach champagne...very effervescent. I don't usually care for fruity scents but somehow this managed not to have a fruity feel. Bright and playful it is a great cheer you up sort of scent.

Rich and floral when wet, it dried down to peaches pretty quickly. It's a fairly floral peach, but, mostly peach. When I originally read the notes, I had hoped for the carnation and the blood orange showing up, but, no.

Fragrant peach wine.

Another Ode that is spot-on! This is a lively, cheerful scent- laughter loving, indeed. I don't get any of the lemon peel or the blood orange (both of which are awful on me, so hooray!). Just pure, lush peach wine and soft flowers. This reminds me of summer evenings in college when we'd sit outside in the late twilight, drinking fruit wine (ok, Boone's) and smelling the flower-scented air. Lovely!

Imp-> Peachy with a touch of carnation and what I think is the wood violet....

Wet-> Starting to lose that heady peach scent almost immediately. It's still there, but it's become al ittle more an earthy/woodsy scent.

After a while-> A subtle peach-scented lipstick on me. I'm so disappointed with how my skin butchered this bright cheery scent that was in the imp :cry2:

I smell like juicy fruit gum and florals. :blink: That's it..wet to the drydown.....it actually made me nauseous and I figured that it was the violet that did it. Not. a. Fan.

In the imp: peach wine, lemon zest, a bit of orange and spicy (carnation) tuberose.

Wet: peach wine and oranges

Dry: peach wine

There's not a whole lot of morph going on in this one. no violet (note of DOOM) and the tuberose never showed up. it's sweet, fun and reminds me of Fruit Stripe gum. it has great throw too.

I find this blend to be very edible - sweet peach wine with hints of citrus and something darker in the back. I think it's the wood violet.

As it dries, you still get some of the sweetness of the peach, but I'm definitely amping up the wood violet. So it's a nice, sweet woodsy blend with a hint of spicy carnation.

I feel like this is a good introduction to people that are looking for a nice woody blend, that isn't too woody or dark. It's very light and festive!

Edited by zankoku_zen

GORGEOUS

OMG it's all peach bubblegum and carnations!! I WANT TO ROLL IN IT!

Seriously though, it's so pretty. If you're not a fan of POW! Fruity! scents, then avoid this. It's VERY peachy. It has a candy-ish edge to it backed by a lovely carnation note.

Philommeides is the wise and elegant mum of Snow Angel, she doesn`t wear spun sugar and her peachness is intense, refreshing for the lemon and shining. When I wear her, I can see the juice squeezing for the pulp of the peach in the fruit salad on a crystal bowl :wub2:

What a light, sparkling scent! Not too fruity, not too floral...you can almost feel the texture of the peach skin, but it's not too heavy. And the violet is so well-behaved on me, I can't even pick it out among the notes! This is a lovely summery scent, so warm and bright that I'd swear it just upped the temperature a few degrees.

In the bottle: Very pale yellow oil. Fruity and floral, with tartness keeping it from being too sweet. Peach, citrus, osmanthus and slightly soapy tuberose - with peach being foremost.

Wet: Slightly bitter from the lemon peel which cuts the sweetness, though this is still VERY fruity. There's a bubblegum note that screams pink, I think maybe the blood orange? Berryish, for sure.

Dry: More floral as it dries, with powdery notes from the tuberose and violet. The carnation has a slightly spicy edge. This still has a not-quite-pleasant bitterness.

Later: There's some serious musk in this and it's dominating now. As I suspected it might based on the notes, this reminds me of La Primavera. Less sweet than before.

Summary: Sweet peach and musk, with slightly bitter lemon peel, rapsberry-ish blood orange, and bright, slightly powdery florals. Very strong throw and longevity.

It's nice, but too sweet/candyish for me. Sort of reminds me of a candied cross between La Primavera and Fae.

In the bottle/vial, it's fruity gum. Not quite Juicy Fruit, not quite Fruit Stripe, but still fruity bubblegum. I actually forgot about how much like bubblegum it smelled in the bottle when it came time to pick out today's perfume. And then I spritzed some on (I make up little sprayers with oil and perfumers' alcohol). Hot damn. It instantly went in a very different direction. New favorite note: Peach wine. This is another one I had left over from a decant circle, and this time, I'm keeping it. Both leftover decants, in fact, and I'm even tempted to get a full bottle for myself even though two decants of anything is usually more than enough for me no matter how amazing something is.

Anyway. There's something about this that reminds me of Butterflies and Plovers, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is (it's not the blood orange. It's more of a *feeling* than a note in common, which makes the resemblance a bit odd). And the peach wine just makes it ultra-awesome. I don't get much of the florals, but that's just fine with me because I'm not a huge floral fan. But peach wine? Oh, *hell*, yeah. Yes, I know Aglaea has it, but Agalea is nowhere near as kick-ass as Philommeides. So, um, yeah, I dig it. A lot. I think I'm going to have to wear this in a scent locket because I kept wanting to *smell* it (rather than smell *of* it), and that can lead to over-application. But if it's in a scent locket, I can just sniff the locket when I need another hit.

(And about that bubblegum thing: It changed so dramatically and quickly when I sprayed it on that I had completely forgotten what it smelled like in the bottle until I pulled out my backup decant and gave it a sniff. Completely different. But still fantastic if you like fruity wine notes, and, well, my middle name translates to "fruitful orchard" and "God's vineyard," so I think I'm genetically programmed to like fruity wine notes.)

geez, can it smell more peachy?!

initial whiff: peaches and the scent of GUMMY BEARS. like a bag full OF THEM. and that isnt bad. my girls (12 and 9 yrs old love it)

applied: peaches, peaches, peaches...

originally i purchased this because im a sucker for all things carnation but i really didnt smell the hint of it. definately going to keep this one on the wishlist, i love it.

Peaches Peaches Peaches

This is fresh and juicy and smells just like a peach fresh from the tree. It doesn't change at all for me and I don't really pick up anything else. I am just in LOVE with the scent of peaches.

YUM!!

INCREDIBLY realistic peach, perfectly ripe, with juice running down your wrist. There are some other notes in the background that come out as it dries, leading it to a peach champagne in the woods kind of feel. Absolutely lovely, but I'm not sure if I can pull this one off.

Fruit explosion, featuring peaches.

This is juicy, crisp, fresh and just screams summer. Juicy peach wine, blood orange and lemon peel, combine beautifully

together and wood violet, carmation and tuberose add a spicy floral dimension that is truly spectacular.

I can't believe how well this blossoms on my skin, and lasts forever. It is such a ahppy go lucky scent.

I wish that I could get a bottle of just the 'peach wine' note in this, because the peach is perfect. It's refreshing, cool, juicy, and sweet - it made me think of peach wine coolers. I feel like the other notes in Philommeides are just there to mess up the peach. Still, this is mostly peach, but with a light background of something like dry wood, sour citrus, and a sharp perfumey note from the tuberose. The dry, perfumey qualities don't mesh well with the sweet, juicy peach for me.

After a half hour, this is mostly gorgeous peach and a bit of dry wood, so I like it a lot more in the drydown. My boy really loves it on me, and I think that Philommeides will be great for summer. It's a full bottle purchase for me :smilenod:.

Edited by Little Bird

OMG this is such a beautiful peachy wine scent.

Sniffing the bottle it's just light, fresh peach. Applied to my skin it's still a light fresh peach scent but now with floral mixed in it. A lovely scent reminiscent of summer days.

Philommeides

In the imp: bright and happy peach!

Wet on skin: effervescent peach wine boosted by osmanthus and with a hint of orange.

Dry on skin: such a joyful, crisp, fruity scent! Peach wine with citrus and flowers. The lemon is subtle but adds more of a sharpness to it, and I think I can just about detect some tuberose and violet. but peach and blood orange are the main notes here, with the peachy aroma of osmanthus fleshing the peach wine out. There’s a tart nectarine feel to it, it’s a dry peach scent, not a sweet one. The blood orange has that bitterness to it which balances the sweeter notes.

After a while: this becomes more dominated by peach and orange over time, but it’s heavier on the peach. This is almost like the sharp nectarine in Angeronalia, especially with the blood orange, but it’s got that velvety fuzziness I got from Aglaea. It’s a sunny, cheerful fruit scent, golden-yellow, and almost reminiscent of Fae. The orange is delicious-tart and peel-y, with that redness to it which less sweet and makes it slightly more grapefruit-like than the orange oranges. The scent loses it’s sweetness and becomes much more tart, like dry peaches, over time.

Verdict: I like this one a lot! It’s a chipper peachy citrus scent, light hearted and bright. It reminds me of Aglaea meets Thaleia-which are also scents with happy (and Greek) inspirations. The peach wine of Aglaea with the blood orange of Thaleia. Though this isn’t very sweet, the fruit notes are quite tart here. the peach isn’t the syrupy kind, but something a little sharper, made even more so by the orange. This is indeed a happy scent but this scent of laughter gives off a feel of dry biting wit, and I like that. the flowers are very subtle, this is very much a peach scent with a little citrus. I do wish I got more carnation from this though. It’s a lovely scent but there are other peach scents I prefer.

Emoticon rating: :D

Is it a keeper? probably not because there are similar scents I like better.

If you like this, try: Aglaea, Thaleia, Angeronalia, Belle Vinu, Fae, La Vague, Maud Ruthyn

Decant: Peach wine and blood orange for sure.

Wet on me: Still lovely peach wine with that blood orange back up. I’m getting something under all that. Is it the Osmanthus or the Woodviolet or the tuberose…only time will tell

Drying Down: Seriously…Peach wine. It does not get better than this. I’m even getting a tad of the carnation in the background. I’m sooo loving this.

Dry: Wow. I still get the peach wine, wee shots of the blood orange, but now carnation has joined the hallelujah chorus along with the tuberose and theosmanthus. HALLELUJAH indeed!

This... is good.

This one was a relief to me after trying a bunch of Shungas and Lupercalias and having round after round of fail.

Philommeides definitely reminds me of Aglaea at first, as the peach wine note is dominant while it's wet, but as the other notes come out the bright, juicy wine is tempered with first a bit of citrus and then some faintly sweet florals in the background. It stops reminding me of Aglaea and starts reminding me of The Gaoler's Daughter, although more tart and bright and less sweet and creamy.

As a person who loves peach scents, this could be one of my new favorites -- a little more in your face peachy than Fae, and a little less creamy and subtle than The Gaoler's Daughter.

This is straight up candied apricots on me. It reminds me a lot of Katharina and just a teeny bit of March Hare, minus the cloves. It's nice for those who like really sugary candy sweetness, but it's a little bit too "young" for me.