Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Divine, shining.
White amber, coconut, white musk, oakmoss, and tobacco flower.

mmmm....very pretty and very light. This is definitely not a "Look at me!" scent. It's also very well blended. I can pick out the individual notes without any one overwhelming the others. I actually don't get much coconut (which I was hoping for more of), it just gives it a touch of sweetness.
As it dries further the notes seem to take turns coming out. At times I get more a touch more oakmoss, at others a touch more tobacco flower, and then sometimes a touch more amber. Under it all though is a gorgeous white musk.

I really like it, though it doesn't have much throw and stays close to the skin. It definitely has the "divine" part down.
I am so happy I got a bottle of this unsniffed.

ETA: I wore this in my locket and after a little while it becomes more complex and it has a bit of a watery feel. Very interesting. I have a feeling this will age well and be really wonderful this summer when I want something that isn't too strong, but still quite sexy.

In the bottle Dia is a sharp, cool scent. On and wet I can smell what I think is oakmoss and tobacco flower. It still smells cool and most likely that's the white musk which I love in other scents, and expect to with this one.

Drying, the scent warms up and I get hints of coconut, but it's so well blended that it's hard to pick out any of the notes separately. It certainly is different than anything I've smelled before, and I like it, but can't tell if it's going to be love or not.

Edited by Shollin
Merged with existing topic --Shollin

I love this one so much. It seems to be in the same family as Snow White in that sort of glowy, white, clean scent that you can't quite put your finger on. It's very bright and I can pinpoint the musk and the coconut (but again in the snow white sort of way rather a tropical way). I think this is going to be a favorite of mine.

In the bottle: dryer sheet. :(

Wet on skin: White musk and a subtle floral.

Dry: My first impressions of this scent were not good, however, I was doing some other things around the house and thought, "Gee, what smells so good?" I checked my arm and realized it was Dia. This scent evolves beautifully on the dry down. The white musk and white coconut are in the fore front while the oakmoss gives it staying power. Another win for The Ode!

On me, this is very much like Dorian's sexy little sister. Must be the white musk. I get musk and coconut and the powdery sweetness of amber. It's light, it's sweet, but the coconut is making enough of a show to add some depth.

I love it.

damn, this is good. silky, shiny, slightly metallic - polished...these are words that spring to mind...really a golden liquid-y feeling...it's well blended. really, the coconut and amber are what i detect most, if i had to pinpoint - though the whole oil seems to create something original and defined on its own terms...there's something flower-y or nectar-like - maybe the tobacco-flower? it certainly doesn't smell like the usual tobacco note, there's nothing "manly" going on here - it's very feminine and sophisticated. it's a "clean" smell, but very rich, deep, and "glossy". it's also fairly stong. beautiful!

In the bottle: dryer sheet. :huh?:

Wet on skin: warm dryer sheet :huh?:

Dry: Dryer sheet remains 1 hour and then scent completely disappears. Zippo. No throw and I slathered it on. Not an unpleasant scent but it might be cheaper to buy a box of snuggle sheets.

Bottle: Sweet, a little pungent, no idea what this would smell like on my skin.

Wet: Tobacco flower swirled in coconut. Mmm...

Drydown: The tobacoo flower steps back a bit. It's hard to pick out individual notes now: still getting a tinge of sweet coconut, but overall it is warm and glowing.

Dry: Sexy, sophisticated clean scent. Dia remains warm and just a little bit sweet. It has quite a bit of depth to it, which surprised me for some strange reason.

Overall: I think this one may be a bottle hoarding scent for me. :wub2:

Oh I wanted to love this one so much. I was so exited about Dia... what a miss it was.

I have to agree with those that said Dryer sheets, although imo its a bit more masculine, but right along those lines.

I will say though, it lasted on my skin for quite a while and it had some throw, just not what I wanted it to throw... :blush:

In the bottle: At first sniff, it reminds me of Snow White, because it has that same cool, pale, hard-to-describe beauty (not to mention the coconut), but on a second sniff, it's not as similar—no almonds here. The coconut, white musk and tobacco flower hit me first, soft and white and lightly floral, but the oakmoss is underneath, giving this a sharper edge than Snow White and making it less sweet and more... it's not masculine at all, but the oakmoss carries a vaguely masculine vibe, so this is less out-and-out feminine.

On, wet: Oakmoss and white musk, with the tobacco flower behind and occasional wafts of coconut and amber. As a scent, it's pure, luminous white, almost silvery. It's very light, clean and elegant.

On, dry: The tobacco flower and amber have come forward, making this slightly sweeter, while the oakmoss is just beneath, adding that little bit of sharpness. The white musk pulls it all together and wraps in a shimmering glow. There is coconut here, too, but it's so light and blended in so well that it's difficult to pick out--I get it more in the wafts than from actually sniffing my wrist.

Later: Slightly warmer and sweeter, but still difficult to describe; it just smells smooth and white and lightly floral. There's still an undercurrent of moss—enough to add depth and interest--but it's softened.

Overall: Dia is not a dead ringer for Snow White, but she's clearly a sleek cousin, so if you like Snow White (I adore it), then chances are good that you'll appreciate Dia, too. She's feminine and soft but sophisticated, radiant and almost celestial, with some added complexity from the oakmoss. Although the scent is very clean and pure, it doesn't smell anything like a dryer sheet to me. (Although I'd be really, really delighted to have my fabric softener smell like Dia!) As a bonus, Dia has amazing staying power for a light scent—she lasted nearly 24 hours, and even after my morning shower, there was still a lingering hint. A definite winner for me! :joy:

Wet, I smell a lot of white musk and coconut. It's a light, watery coconut, and to my nose it's kind of blending with the white amber. I can't identify the flower, but I'm not sure what to look for, either. The florals, musk, and oakmoss seem to be merging into a singular bright, airy, soapy quality.

Yes, it's a bit like a coconut dryer sheet. Someone compared it to Snow White, and I think it's definitely a similar kind of scent. Light, chilly, airy, with a hint of grounding sweetness. And they both turn to soap on my skin.

Once dry, the musk is a little less aggressive, and it's just cold and light, still rooted with a bit of coconut amber. The throw is good -- not too loud, not too soft -- and I'm not sure about wear life. A lovely realization of the photo, if not for me.

Dia was very bright and fresh in the imp and I wasn't sure I wanted to put it on. Initially the white amber and white musk dominate. Very bright and shining. But as it dries they calm down nicely and the richness of the tobacco peeks through. On further drydown it is warm tobacco with coconut. Very nice. I am definately willing to wait for the dry down on this one which is only a few minutes. This one is bottle worthy.

Wet, I liked this far far more than I thought I would. It starts off with a coconut sweetness, but, that is pretty fleeting. It settles down to an almost floral...just enough to notice there are flowers involved. It does smell very white and very elegant.

It smells a bit too white and elegant for me maybe, but, it's a bit like the silk dress you have nowhere to wear...but, you have trouble leaving it behind in the store.

In the vial, this smelled sweet and watery. On, I don't get any coconut, as the tobacco flower has assumed absolute power and is now making the other notes pay protection money just to hang on to their lives. It's also going cloyingly sweet and soapy. I had high hopes, with that note list, but it's just not meant to be.

In bottle/imp: Lots of oakmoss with hints of white musk and coconut.

Immediately on skin: This is very strong on the oakmoss with a bit of creaminess underneath and and a bite of citrusy white musk. There’s hardly any coconut but it’s there behind the green coolness of the oakmoss.

After a little while: The white musk gets stronger as this dries and this becomes almost a lemony white musk scent with a bit of oakmoss and hint of coconut. It’s a very bright scent.

Overall Impressions: I was expecting a lot more coconut from this than I actually got. This is a nice scent, and quite unisex in my opinion. The white musk and oakmoss take center stage and the other notes sort of just linger quietly in the background. This has a nice bite to it that I like, but I don’t think I’d wear it much.

As befitting its inspiration, Dia goes on light and stays light.

Upon application, you can detect the amber and musk, but it's a subtle sharpness. The coconut, moss, and tobacco flower slowly appear through the sharper notes, gradually taking center stage.

Over the next few hours, the amber and musk notes disappear, leaving behind soft, shimmering flowers.

I keep sniffing my wrist and thinking "Perversion?"--must be the tobacco and coconut. A bit of oakmoss is peeking through the longer I let this dry. This is nice and light considering that it's got some heavy notes in here--the amber isn't too overpowering and powdery and the musk is very soft. Really like this one.

In the bottle: Cool water and florals. I'm guessing the oakmoss and tobacco flower are the dominate notes here.

On the wrist: Wet was kinda :unsure: She was just another amber scent, warm and sweet. But after the initial drydown *oh boy* Oakmoss pokes out its head and twines around the amber creating something both cool and warm and sweet. I am in love :wub2:

Verdict: Absolutely divine! When I close my eyes Dia transports me to a warm sun drenched rock on the edge of a cool stream. The portrait really illustrates how the notes combine on me: oakmoss & amber are the ball, while the woman is the white musk. Oakmoss & amber take center stage but the white musk cradles them. No coconut here and I only get a little whiff of tobacco flower every once in a whilre. Everything is very soft and shy but still divine. She doesn't have a lot of throw when the summer heat comes and I'm wanting something that isn't going to amp in the sun I'll be turning to Dia.

I totally agree that this smells a lot like dryer sheets, which I actually quite like. It reminds me of snuggling in a fresh-from-the-dryer flannel comforter. It's mostly coconut and musk to me. It feels a bit more floral and light as time goes by...

I can see it working for getting a little musky warmth in cooler months, but also smell great for a sexy coconut scent for those sunny summer days. It's not phenomenal compared to other scents, but nice enough to use the one bottle I have :)

Dia is one of those scents that you just know you're going to adore as soon as you read the notes. It was love at first sniff and I bought a bottle on the spot at Will Call. I really want to shout it from the rooftops...THIS IS SNOW WHITE FOR MY SKIN CHEMISTRY! :wub:

I love the soft muskiness swirled with the coconut and tobacco flower, the white amber and the oakmoss keep it from being too ethereal. I can see reaching for this year-round and I definitely want another bottle. Or two.

This scent is very true to the bottle. Very clean, but not too much like dryer sheets in my opinion...it's only barely floral, and most dryer sheets I've smelled tend to be waaaaay too floral (for me, that was Lady of Shallot). On me, it's more like a more feminine, lighter Bed of Nails. Very light, very sexy, and just complex enough to be intriguing.

this is a very soft and beautiful scent! i am mostly getting white musk, oakmoss and tobacco flower, with the TF being the strongest. it's more floral than i imagined, and i can't smell any coconut at all. this is a lovely scent, i'm glad i bought it.

Though I would not have guessed it from the notes, Dia reminds me a lot of Titania. It's softly floral with an airy sweetness and a bit of fruitiness. A clean scent, but not in the traditional sense of that word. It seems very "white" and pretty - feminine but not overly floral OR fruity OR sweet.

Oh, man. I am shocked by how much I like this, since it is full of deal-breaker notes for me but I'd had waaaay too much wine before deciding which decants I wanted. :blush:

And thank goodness for wine!

"Divine and shining," indeed!

Dia is actually borderline-soapy on my skin, which is usually a very bad thing, but here it works. The scent is sort of airy; I can see how some people might think "dryer sheets" and man if I could find some that smell like this I'd buy them in bulk! I can't describe it much more than that, only to say that this is unlike any other amber or musk or tobacco scent I've ever used. I need a bottle!

Edited by Leopard403