Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
WidgetAlley

Couple Consulting an Enpon

Orange blossom, blackberry, amber mint, and red sandalwood.

hm, this is a strange scent on me. in the vial i smell the blackberry and and sandalwood i think. on my skin i get mostly blackberry (which turns a bit plasticky, unfortunately), a hint of orange blossom, and the other notes blended together in the background. there is a slight freshness here, but i can't smell the mint as an obvious note at all. it's interesting, just not sure i would wear it. i am really confused by this scent ;)

Yikes, my first BPAL cat pee experience!!! I had heard rumors about that happening with blackberry for some people, but had never smelled it myself before...

After application, when I put my nose very close to my skin I could just barely pick up whiffs of what should have been a pretty combination of light floral orange blossom and green mint, but in the throw Couple Consulting an Enpon smelled EXACTLY like cat pee. :o I waited about 15 minutes before I gave up and washed my test patch off -- I guess it's possible the blend might have shifted if I'd given it more time, but I just couldn't cope with eau de fresh kitty accident.

It's too bad -- as mentioned, I could catch olfactory glimpses of what this scent should be like, and it seems like it should be rather pretty on someone whose chemistry plays nicely with it.

Yep, cat pee. The older this bottle gets, the worse it is. I can wear it, and the cat pee dissipates, but it's not worth it. Blech.

Got this as an unexpected return package for BPAL Santaing someone. In the decant, this smells like orange blossom and blackberry, with a hint of mint lurking in there somewhere. On my skin, the blackberry seems to be amping, with the orange blossom underneath, and maybe a kick of mint in there? No sandalwood so far, which is good. We'll see how this goes. Ends up being way too blackberry on me, borderline boozy. Swaps/sales.

Edited by Venneh

Orange blossom + mint = DOOM.

Holy crap, this is astringent. Like, almost burns my nostrils astringent. Off to scrub scrub scrub.

CAT PEE. Well, now I know blackberry doesn't work on me. Oh wow. (Though I don't have this issue with Glasgow.)

well, i wasn't scared of this smelling like cat pee until i read this thread :ack: i'll have to wait until doctor boyfriend gets home and ask him to huff me, but to my nose this is just lovely. it's really, really well blended- if i didn't look at the notes i MIGHT have picked out orange but they just waft up seamlessly. i can pick out a bit of the berry but it's not screaming berry, it's just adding a lower end to what might otherwise be a somewhat high-pitched blend for me. i would NEVER have picked this out for myself but i am so grateful to have recieved a frottle in a recent forum sale! overall this is a fairly light but not insubstantial scent, fruity but not overly sweet, sexy but in a comfortable way, not a COME GET ME NOW scent.

Orange tempered by sandalwood. I get no trace of mint from this at all.

I like this blend enough to use the imp, but I won't seek a bottle out.

Couple Consulting an Enpon - In the vial, this smells warm and sweet and delicious. The moment it touches my skin, it turns into a strong cat pee, wood, and powder scent. It doesn't settle down, fade, or balance out. It continues to maintain the strong smell of cat pee. I am fairly certain it's the blackberry that's going wonky on me and ruining this, even though I've never had that reaction to blackberry before. I'm afraid I can't give a good review at all with the craziness that happens on my skin while wearing this.

I could barely smell anything when I put this one on, try as I might - I did get a faint whiff of something, but it was so faint I couldn't even make out what it was.

I bought this as cleanly tested full bottle and I am not sure if it is joke or what? Five of us sniff tested and then skin tested and it was strong cat urine on everyone. I mean not a hint of any other scent. Horrible. :thud:

In the imp, I got sandalwood with just a hint of orange blossom. On my skin, the orange blossom came up quite a bit, with just a hint of mint and sandalwood; it's very well-blended, and hard to pick out individual notes. Once it's dry, the rich sweetness of the blackberry comes way up, backed by the warmth of the sandalwood - very nice!

I just got enough of a sniffy of this to give it a try. I like orange blossom quite a bit, so that sounded promising, but when I sniff it and try it on, I'm mostly getting blackberry with a hint of mint. The orange blossom is there--more of an after image than an actual scent--meaning since I know it is there, I get a ghost of it, but I don't think this perfume really screams (or even states in a normal voice! :lol:) orange blossom. It's mostly fruity and wood, and reminds just very slightly of Jupiter, in the sense of wood + fruit. But this definitly has mint.

It's ok, but luckily for me, nothing I must have.

Dammit, this is my first BPAL blend with blackberry and I'm clearly one of those people whose chemistry does not like it at all. This starts out smelling of sour BO/urine and doesn't change much after drydown except that a bit of a plasticky note creeps in.

ARG! I adore red sandalwood and orange blossom, and I was so excited at the prospect of amber mint. :cry2:

I bet this is uniquely beautiful on those who can do blackberry. Jealous.

Edited by OctoberGwen

On the forefront this actually has a really lovely light fruity scent, but in the background is something really bitter. I actually think I don't generally have good luck with orange blossom...I know most people are having blackberry reactions but I smell that one just fine. *shrug* Curiouser and curiouser.

Received a partial of this in a swap as a frimp and, dedicated to my science of reviewing everything at least once, gave it a shot despite very strong leanings towards worries about the death notes (on me) of blackberry and mint. Can the amber, sandalwood and OB offset it? Tune in ...

IN THE IMP: Resiny blackberry.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Sweet, fruity and perfume-y. Resiny, yes. And, oddly, the tiniest bit boozy. The good news: not a washoff.

DRYDOWN: It stays pretty much the same. Not a washoff, even when dry, but still remains just a little too sweetly fruity for it to ever be a keeper for me.

OVERALL: It was nowhere nearly as bad on me as it could have been. I never got the mint (and mint goes weirdly wonky on me when it dries down) and blackberry has turned out to be one of the few fruity notes that is at least remotely bearable for me. Not a keeper, but quite pleasant for what it is.

On a scale of 1-5, a solid 3.

In the bottle: I think that's the sandalwood I'm getting, with just a hint of fruit.

Applied: HOLY MOTHER OF ... CAT PEE! Seriously, nothing but cat pee. I had to wash it off with rubbing alcohol after a few minutes because OMGCATPEE.

I'm pretty sure this is more my skin chemistry than anything wrong with the bottle ... I know the Lab's mint note has been hit or miss with me, and sadly, this is a huge miss. After a while I get more fruity (because we all know the smell never truly goes away), but the overwhelming scent of cat pee at the start is enough to make me put this straight into the trades pile.

This was one of my first blind buys, thinking I'd get something that was going to be sultry and fruity... I can at the very least say that this blend was an interesting learning experience.

In bottle and wet: I get the blackberry, hint of mint, that orange blossom? There's something not quite right but I can't place it.

Dry down: Resiny, maybe a touch incense like... I don't know where the blackberry went. It's very perfumey on me, and I think it's the orange blossom. There's still some note that isn't sitting well with my nose and I don't think it's as offending as cat pee, but it is not my jam.

I really wanted to like this one but with the headaches I've gotten from it, and trying out a few other blends with orange blossom in them, I'm going to have to rehome this one.