Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Skin musk, sugar cane, honey, beeswax, vanilla flower, and copal.

In the bottle - Suprisingly light anf floral, with a touch of pepper

Wet on me - Quite green and fresh, but still floral.

Dry on me - Stale ashtrays. Which I don't really understanf, because normally it's something creamy or milky that turns that way on my skin. It does settle down to quite a nice vanilla musk

Overall - I liked the dry down, but the ashtray period was too much for me. Edited by Shollin

~~~Giant Vulva~~

I tried this for the first time at work, and was skeerd that someone might ask me what scent I was wearing....luckily, the throw on me was light, so there was little 'splainen' to do!

In the Imp: Warm, musky honey. This must be what bees feel about honey!!

Wet: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... this is gooooooooood!!! I'm getting the perfect mix of honey and musk. It's gorgeous.

Dry: Oh. More musk than honey. Not so good anymore. The honey has climbed in the back seat of the car with the other notes and has left musk out front. Still a warm, inviting fragrance, but I loved the honey.

Verdict: I think I'd have to layer this to give it more lightness. The general fragrance is lovely, but when it morphs on me, I lose almost everything but the musk. I'll keep the imp and experiment with layering this one....it's a very warm scent that might be perfect for cold fall evenings....

I finally got a chance to try this =) This is one that I like better away from my wrist, than up close trying to smell it. I get the honey musk thing floating around, but up close I smell an herbal type scent. I keep going through stages of OOO I need a bottle of this, and eh its pretty, I'll keep the imp. I was hoping for creamy vanilla beeswax honey, but I'm thinking this is kin to Hetairae (which isnt a bad thing, I like that one, but it wasnt what I was hoping for from this) I do like the skin musks and this is a very pretty one, just not the OMGLOVE that I was hoping for.

(I will confess that I'm testing Yvaine on the other wrist, and what I smell wafting up to me is a DIVINE mix of the two oils)

I think this is almost exactly what I thought it would be. Well, I had ridiculous high expectations, so maybe not exactly what I thought it would be. It's not The-Greatest-Thing-I-Have-Ever-Smelled. But the combination of notes does result in precisely the kind of mood I was expecting. Light, secretive and extremely sensual.

Oh, skin musk, how I love thee. This is definitely a "second skin" perfume-- very close, very mellow. Clear, warm, gentle resins and slightly citrusy beeswax under a pale wash of honey and silky, liquid musk. Very sophisticated. A bit like O, only... thinner.

This is gorgeous sprinkled with more gorgeous, yet somehow it's not uniquely "BPAL" to me. It smells pretty mainstream and, well, commercial... just better and more natural. I'm so used to wearing unconventionally beautiful perfume that this seems shockingly normal.

Do I need a bottle? I'll test it again just to make sure it doesn't turn into feet or rotten cabbage or who knows what, but I think I need a bottle. :blush:

Edited by Shollin

In the imp: Smells very musky! A light musk though.

Wet: Something about this isn't agreeing with me. :( It could be the honey actually, that usually turns things odd. O goes strange on me too.

Dry: It smells like soap. It's clean, but not what I was hoping for. Booooooo!

I definitely get Copal (i recognize it from Xiuhtecuhtli), beeswax, and skin musk (that i recognize from Velvet Nudie) and honey right off the bat. This is absolutely luxurious! It doesn't put me in mind of Giant Vulva at all, but it is a celebration of sensuality. Warm, inviting, with the copal spicing things up. Really, really gorgeous! Back up worthy for sure. As this begins to fade i can definitely smell the smooth, sweet honey more, and a bit of the skin musk. The copal has faded to near non existence towards the end, and the beeswax is just a hint of soft powder in the background. Overall i really :wub2: this blend!

I picked up a bottle after reading the notes and I just have to say that I really adore this scent. It's sexy in a naked skin sort of way and I wish my skin smelled like this naturally. I sure hope Beth brings this one back next love season. I'd love to pick up another bottle and wear it to bed (both to sleep and for other reasons, ahem).

I'm confused.

By the notes, I should love this blend. I mean musk, vanilla flower, beeswax, and cobal? Hello. That's me. But something is a bit different. There is a tangy, sharp, almost citrus note that is hanging this up for me. I think that might be the skin musk. Maybe I've found a musk that does not like me. But yet...

If I don't huff my wrist, I get waffs of smell that are really lovely...a smell that is calling me to huff, then I do. And there is that sharp note. I need to learn to just put it on and not huff. Just to enjoy those waffs of deliciousness. If I can get over the (sometimes) sharp note, I'll keep the bottle. I may give it an all day test later in the week, just to see.

I love this blend. Skin musk is probably the most dominant note to my nose, although it doesn't get really "musky." This is a second skin scent to me- very much a "you but better" smell. After the musk, the beeswax is strong in this for me as well. This is a new favorite, and immediately prompted me to post an ISO post and beg everyone to trade or sell to me. Love this blend!!!!!!!

I've been looking forward to trying this one after hearing so many good things about it.

Bottle: Floral. I've not yet mastered telling most floral notes apart, but I'm guessing it must be the vanilla flower.

Wet: Musk and vanilla flower. I was expecting more honey.

Dry: Beeswax, honey and vanilla flower with a subtle musk. I rather like the beeswax, but the floral is a bit too much for me.

I'm disappointed by this. It was far more floral than I was expecting and doesn't really suit me.

I'm really looking forward to testing this one, as it's my first Luprecalia scent, and hey, vulva. :P

In the decant, I'm smelling a really sweet floral with a hint of what I think is the copal. On my skin, it's a really interestingly blended scent; I think I'm getting the copal mixed with the skin musk, and the sweetness of the honey, beeswax, and vanilla flower. It's turning into a more tangy floral musk on me, and something I definitely need to find a bottle of. ...Damnit, DISO, away!

Edited by Venneh

Giant Vulva is AMAZING on my skin. It's sweet without being cloying, body-musky without smelling of actual girlparts, and just generally very soft and feminine and wonderful without being overpoweringly floral. It's kind of like an O you can wear to work and no one will think you've been misbehaving in the storage closet. It's what I wish skin smelled like all the time. I have no doubt I will be wearing this a LOT.

Got a decant of this.

In imp: a touch of musk, mainly honey and sugar.

Wet: Very sweet, with a light musk. Not at all what I was expecting.

Drydown: It stays true to scent and very sweet, but light, so light.

Later: Barely there. A wonderful sweetness. However, with the lack of throw on this, I doubt I would have gotten a bottle of it. Glad that I got to try it though.

In the vial: A warm and heavy scent, thick with beeswax and resin, golden in color, with a waft of fleshy orchid perfume.

On me: Much the same as it is in the vial, but the notes mellow and meld. This is the scent of sex-hot skin: a gentle sensual musk, fleshy golden resins with the smoothness of beeswax, and still a waft of that thick, slightly tropical, vanilla orchid perfume. Despite the notes I don't get much sweetness from the scent; in fact it feels so fleshy, so similar to sex, that the scent's actually a bit salty and sweaty. Scent-color is pale gold, and scent-texture is very fleshy; throw is low.

Verdict: This is such a unique scent that I'm glad I had the chance to test it. It's a brilliant match to the inspiration, even moreso than I expected from the notes: a thick, sexual, feminine scent, not quite vulgar but quite unabashed, obviously sexual. It's distinctive, beautiful, but not a scent that I would wear often—so I find myself in no need of a wearable amount. It's fascinating, but I'll pass.

I'm bound to like anything with copal in it, and I like this one a lot. It smells like a musky honey scent, but it also has a twinge of the sort of traditional-cologne-type scent I associate with copal. Thankfully the honey isn't going awry on me at all in this one. It's a good, warm, sweet, musky scent. It's not loud, so I don't have to worry that I'm going to knock anyone over with my perfume. I like that kind.

ETA: I decided to do a full wear of this rather than just a test, and it's quite perfumey on my throat. It reminds me of Prada perfume -- it has a similar feel. I got more of the light honey scent when the oil is on my arms, but on my throat? Traditional perfume. That's what it smells like. And that's right what my nose is in the midst of. It's not bad at all -- I like it -- but I don't often have the opportunity to wear this sort of scent. It smells like a grown-up special occasion type of scent, and I'm just not very high-brow.

Edited by filigree_shadow

Um, how have I NOT reviewed this? This is one of my go-to date favorites!

This scent screams sex. It really does kind of smell like a vagina, but my manfriends and I agree that this is what we WISH vaginas smelled like all the time. The skin musk, sugar cane and beeswax are the primary notes for me, with a bit of vanilla flower. I get almost no copal. It's long lasting, but you have to be close to smell it; there is little throw.

Warning: this perfume oil is serious business. I wear it when I want to get really, really intimately close to someone. I'd feel super awkward just walking around smelling like OMG SEX!!!!!!!!!! Use with caution! When used appropriately, however, it has so far proven to be a great success for me at least. :lol:

I really had no idea what to expect with this one, especially after reading the reviews!

I have never smelled copal before, but I assume that is the kind of heady citrus I am smelling. It's almost smokey, but not quite...I can't quite put my finger on the undertone, but it's something like that...

I know there are other components int his blend, but it seems like my skin really amps up anything remotely fruity at all. I think I am going to let this one sit a while and come back to it in a few days....I know the honey and sugar cane want their turn to sing! I can defintiely smell the beeswax in the distance...and I'm really hoping the other notes aren't too far behind!

I bought an imp of this scent for the honey note and for it's name; I was amusing my friends with the names of oils I have been trying and this one was the overall favorite on name alone. ;) I have a friend that has made me promise the first time someone asks me what i am wearing and it is this oil I will call her and let her hear the reaction when I tell the asker. ;)

Anyways! This is very much a SEX smell for me; it immediately makes me feel seductive when I put it on. Very light throw to it though on me so I'm really going to have to slather if my friend is ever going to get that phonecall!

No, this doesn't smell remotely like its namesake; it's a deliciously come-hither scent. It's more sugary wet, but as it dries down it blooms into its full blory with the golden honey and beeswax and copal resin giving it a beautiful richness and depth and the sugar cane adding a bit more sweetness to the sticky resinous base but not in a cloying way. Then the skin musk emerges, and while it's not exactly a smutty musk it's warm like human skin and extremely sexy. The vanilla flower adds a delicate dimension to this scent--it's in no way a faint or perfumey floral, just gets a feminine touch in the background. Now I love my Smut and simialrly smutty blends, but I also love this for being extremely sensual even though it isn't a "dirty" scent per se. Just need to keep the bottle safely hidden when I wear it to work, or else I'll surely get fired in half a second.

Edited by Invidiana

Giant Vulva - This is a musky honey scent that is slightly cologney and definitely has an added jolt of sweetness from the sugar cane. It's got the faintest hint of creamy sweetness, which must be the vanilla flower? It's very, very pretty, but would be perfect without the cologneyness of the copal and with a little more of the beeswax, which I can't really smell at all. It's very clean and fresh and pretty.

Hmm. In imp and wet: the note that amps on me is vanilla flower/orchid. There's a slight honey musk burst too.

Drydown: mostly vanilla flower and a touch of copal? maybe the decant I received was slightly separated..? This isn't as sweet and musky as others have expressed. I like it..just surprised.

Typed up from my notes.

In Bottle: Very perfumey. Reminds me of a somewhat spicy resinous floral. There's a touch of musky sweet in the background.

Wet: HONEY. Honey honey honey and oh, there's also sugar. All with a background of pale, soft musk... but mostly it is WHOAMG sweet. Hoping the sweetness backs off a bit, because this is kind of overwhelming and not something I would wear a lot of.

Dry: Ehem. I take back any and all reservations I might have had. My skin loves musky notes, because the musk has strengthened considerably. I do particularly adore skin musk, because it really is a my skin but better note. The sweetness has backed off, becoming a delicate honeyed waft around the edges of the scent. It's slightly waxy, but in the good way. It's a very warm scent, with just the lightest touch of flower petals.

Somehow, I find it both innocent and extremely seductive. Innocent because it's so light and not overtly sensual in the throw (because I assure you, my mother would comment if I smelled like walking sex)... but up close, it gives me the rather naughty mental image of a sweet young thing on a bed with red silk sheets and pale flower petals, trembling in pleasure while her extremely good looking lover drips hot wax on her body. :twisted:

Ehem. :blush: Er, yeah, it's a really lovely scent, and I do enjoy wearing it, especially because of all the secret naughtiness. It's especially fun when Mom goes, "Oh, that's such a delicate, pretty scent. It's very nice. What's it called?"

"Ah... You know, I don't remember." :umm:

In the imp, this is very warm - skin musk and sugar. On my skin, my reaction is "mmm...."; I get skin musk, honey, with a touch of the wax and the vanilla flower. Unfortunately, despite the lovely wet phase, there's something I don't recognize (the copal?) that dominates on the dry down. :-(

This is citrusy, balsamy beeswax and sugar cane with a little floral. I don't get any honey. It's not knocking my socks off. As it dries I'm strangely possessed and I keep sniffing the spot I applied the oil because I can't put my finger on why this smells so familiar. Then it hits me...it smells like Clinique Happy which was one of my least favorite scents. :huh?: Honey makes a very late entrance but it's still meh because of the association with Happy.

Skin musk, sugar cane, honey, beeswax, vanilla flower, and copal.

Origin:

Decant from a generous LJ-er. :heart:

Preconceived notions:

Well, this one is one of the more promising of the line for me (none of them really grab me, thankfully...I just can't imagine having to tell someone that I'm wearing Giant Vulva or Beanman & Beanwoman Prepare to Attack The Vagina, because, knowing my luck, it'd be my mother-in-law asking and she'd be all kinds of shocked and offended). I love skin musk and sugar cane and beeswax are good, honey is fine in moderation, copal is hit or miss, but the vanilla flower is iffy at best (and hopefully nearly absent here). I don't really do florals. We'll see how this pans out.

First sniff:

Figures the first thing that jumps out at me is "flowers!!!" If there's any in a blend, I smell them strongly most of the time, probably because I don't want to smell them strongly. Same goes for almond, which, thankfully, is absent here. But, yes, in the imp I smell florals. I also smell creamy beeswax, honey and copal, but I get distracted by the florals of doom (AKA vanilla flower) lurking in here and it's hard to focus on them. I'm thinking the copal here might not play well with me, either, because it's doing that weird tickle in the throat thing that I get from it (and certain other notes) sometimes.

Wet on skin:

The main players here on my skin are copal and honey, but the vanilla flower is still definitely making an appearance, too. The sugar cane and skin musk are essentially MIA, or possibly drowned out by the other notes and the beeswax is likely hiding behind the much stronger copal and honey. This is a very sweet, golden scent with a headiness to it that's giving me a little stabby pain behind my eyes. I can see that other people would think this is a lovely scent, but it's just the type that doesn't agree with me on a purely olfactory level as well as on a "no head pain" level.

Dry down:

Very floral and perfumey with strong copal backing it up. I'm not sure why copal is so iffy for me. I love most resinous scents, but it just messes with my head (literally) and makes me a tiny bit nauseated a lot of the time. The drydown on this is ultra feminine, creamy and golden. It's not a bad scent by any means, it's just really not working for me. That happens a lot with super feminine scents. I tend to prefer gender neutral to masculine, although there are many exceptions to that rule.

The bottom line:

Not for me, but I'm glad I got to try my decant. I can see this being a real winner for lovers of ultra-feminine, heady scents. It's sweet and perfumey and lovely in it's way. It's just really not working for me, personally.