Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Skin musk, sugar cane, honey, beeswax, vanilla flower, and copal.

This is a very light, clean scent, without ever turning soapy. The skin musk is predominant, but as it settles in on my skin I can detect the light sweetness of the vanilla flower, with perhaps a hint of honey and beeswax giving it a bit of a warm glow. This is another scent that tends to hug close, with occasional whiffs throughout the day....but it is *very* durable.

Basically, it smells like fresh, slightly damp skin, straight out of the shower. Very nice and clean. I haven't tried Glowing Vulva, so I couldn't compare this at all, but in its own right I think it's rather nice. If you like discreet, deceptively simple aromas, then this is worth acquiring. Edited by Argentwolf

It's a light scent that sticks close to the body and goes a little soapy towards the end. There's just not much to this scent, I wanted more from honey, beeswax and copal.

My notes from Will Call say "starts citrus, turns nice eventually, takes hours to get there".

I think that citrus scent was a residue of something else I was testing at the same time at the shop.

Today, it's very sweet and the vanilla flower makes it quite floral - reminds me a smidge of my grandmother (no, not the label, how creepy!). The sugar cane makes this an organic sweet, rather than a chemical syrup, and the honey and beeswax keeps it on the chewy side.

Right now, it's in a bad place while it evolves, and as it was quite charming about 5 minutes ago, I am going to reserve judgement until it finishes doing its thing.

Later: It stayed fairly scruffy for the rest of the day, although not unpleasantly so. This is not the sensuous TAKE ME NOW scent that so many other people got, alas, but it's pleasant enough. Just not what I'd expected from the listed ingredients.

Freaking amazing on my skin! :D This is one of my top BPAL's. Very similar to Judith and Holofernes because of the skin musk I think. This just sparkles with almost a hint of melon sweetness to it. The sugar cane smells like I sprinkled my skin with sugar and the copal gives it a slight creaminess I adore. Perfect oil!

Wow! This smells awesome!

In the bottle: I smell honey sweetness.

On the skin: Whoa! Completely different! I still smell some nice honey sweetness, but now there is definitely something vanillaish. It is stronger on the skin than in the bottle.

Lovely!! I think I like this better than Glowing Vulva....

In the bottle: I smell the same skin musk than in the Illustrated Woman...promising!

Wet on skin: Sweet skin musk.

Dry on skin: The drydown definately adds depth to the scent, it's much more "perfumey" than it was when wet. My bet's on the copal! It smells warm, golden & inviting.

Final thoughts: To me, this is very similar to the Illustrated Woman, without the aggressive pine pitch that I get during the first few hours (!) of the drydown. Sexy, sultry, feminine, Giant Vulva is so delicious that I needed a back-up bottle. Yum!

I wouldn't know skin musk from red musk from groundhog musk. I get a very sharp floral from this at first. The sugar cane is right up there too. I used to buy stalks of cane at the French Market when I was a kid- peel the bark and chew the sweetness until my jaws ached. I got a flashback of that.

The floral softens a bit but this stays very sweet. Honey and sugar cane... mmmm.

I think it's the copal that catapults this scent to a higher level.

I get the lemony quality from it, and vanilla quality, it's quite "perfumy", as in it wafts in a way that is tickling to the nose in an almost synthetic way, but it's not cloying or blatantly artificial, it's just flirting along the edge.

The copal is what makes it special. it grounds it, gives it that creamy quality that is shared with Xiutecuhtli - in fact that vanilla creamy copal is exactly the same in Xiu. It's the part I love best about it.

it's within the same family of Xiu, but significantly sweeter, more vanilla, and with lemon instead of orange.

I think it's beautiful, really sensual in a light, rather clean way. The dry down is beautiful.

I'm so glad I ordered a full bottle of this. Great job! :love!:

Giant Vulva

In the imp: This smells strongly of honey and sugar. I, uh, don't particularly want to say the scent is true to life, but I can definitely smell the skin musk!

On my skin: I'm so glad I bought an imp of this, and have another on the way. It's sugary and sweet without being too sweet; this is the warm, sticky afterglow after a fun romp. I have Torture Queen on the back of my hand next to it, and now my mind is wandering to car sex. Thank you, chrome note.

Of course the one named Giant Vulva is the one that I decide I want more of.

Looking at the bar on the top of the page where it says BPAL MDNESS! -> Replying in Giant Vulva, I could have sworn it said

Playing in Giant Vulva

. Oh, gawd, where IS my head, as of late? *shakes her head vehemently*

Anyway.

I got an empty bottle a a freebie with an order, and there was a *tiny* bit left in the bottle. I'd sniffed at it quite a bit, and decided to try some on last night after showing. I'm not sure if the notes would make any difference, since it is the *very* bottom of the bottle (and, oh gawd, it's sitting next to me, closed, and I can smell it!).

In the bottle - strong, feminine, very "come hither" and smexy.

On me...it's hard to describe. It stayed pretty strong, but very pleasant. I still smelled it at 10:30 this morning, after having applied it at midnight, I think? VERY nice, VERY good staying power.

(The notes are hard for me to place, but WOW...)

I actually had to find a bottle of this...at first, I didn't think that I liked it, but after more sniffing and actually trying it out...yeah.

And it actually makes me feel a little frisky...is that weird...?

Blegh. I can't figure out what it is that ruins this scent for me... I hope it's not the skin musk or sugar cane, because I already ordered a bottle of Velvet Nudie. :/ I get absolutely none of the honey that I love so much in Flower Moon and Katrina van Tassel, none of the beeswax that I adore in Hanerot Halalu and Ichabod Crane. I usually love musks. COPAL, ARE YOU THE ONE RUINING THIS SCENT? Because I smell none of the things that I thought I would smell.

At first, I get a very tart note -- almost lemon, but not quite. Once applied, the scent is very strong and quite sharp. It smells very much like a generic department store perfume. I'd recommend this to someone who is interested in trying BPAL but is afraid to leave their Clinique. Definitely not for me -- I've tried it twice now, and disliked it each time.

Giant Vulva

In the imp: very perfumey copal. A hint of honey, but otherwise, very perfumey.

Wet on skin: this improves as the sweet notes come out, along with beeswax.

Dry on skin: I actually like this one! It’s a little more perfumey than expected, but in a nice way-this smells sophisticated, but also very sexy. The copal is the leading note and I’ve discovered that this note can either smell incense-y or perfume-y. In here it’s the latter, but it works. The honey and beeswax are discreet, but the beeswax is delightful. I also smell something a bit like lemon, or orange blossom? Something tangy and citrusy, and a bit like a commercial perfume top note. I also smell the delicate juicy sugar cane and floral vanilla, and the pale velvety musk.

After a while: over time the sugar, skin musk, beeswax and vanilla flower become dominant, and it reminds me of Harikata. It’s a similar mix of light floral, honey and musk. It’s a feminine and almost (but not quite) innocent scent, flirtatious yet classy. The scent moves between perfumey floral musk and honeyed sugar cane musk, but overall this is a lot fresher and cleaner than I expected. There’s nothing sticky about the honey or sugar, and there’s nothing slutty about this scent either.

Verdict: it’s a lot more demure than it’s name (and picture) would suggest. To me this isn’t a

‘massive minge’,

this to me is more like sexy lingerie. Something about this scent with it’s satiny skin musk and clean floral tones evokes the image of silky lacy underwear. It’s a lot more perfumey and sleek than it’s glowing counterpart, a lot more like a mainstream perfume (in a good way). the honey and beeswax smell golden and sweet and there’s a hint of something a bit like citrus too. the copal has a surprisingly perfumey feel to it which works well in here, and the vanilla flower is more floral than usual, and the drydown is a beautiful honeyed floral skin musk which is very feminine, and sexy in a sophisticated way. Who’d have thought a scent called ‘Giant Vulva’ could smell so pretty?

Emoticon rating: :heart:

Is it a keeper? Yup.

If you like this, try: Itaso Kansei, Xihu…you know, the Mayan god one, Defututa, Glowing Vulva, Harikata

I guess I was expecting a very heavy scent because of the name similarity to Glowing Vulva (which was thick and over the top rich on my skin). But this is so light! And the honey isn't going crazy on me! I prefer this a hundred times over. It's dainty-sexy.

Another reviewer (Lamia) mentioned this being organic sweet and I completely agree. The sweetness in this is so natural and subtle. The skin musk is probably the most dominant note but it never becomes really musky feeling. It's a little floral, a little crystalline. Everything is subtle. There is a quality in this that remind me of The Unicorn (another fave).

This was such a surprise hit. I keep thinking it's worn off quickly but when I get close to my wrists I can smell it hours later still. It's just so soft I could barely tell. So this is one I'll have to slather. <3

In the bottle and for the first 20 minutes or so, this is a very fresh, clean scent, without being soapy. It reminds me of a rainshower, and then the sun comes out. Kind of like that smell, but definitely not an aquatic.

After awhile, there is a very CKish stage, not really my cup of tea, (I don't like most CK perfumes) and I'm beginning to write this one off. HOWEVER, this only lasts another 20 minutes and after that watch out!! This is pretty much Illustrated Woman meets Mead Moon. This blend dries down to something quite lovely. It is citrus without being sour, sweet without being cloying, and sexy without being brazen. I get the beeswax, skin musk, and something citrus, though I'm not sure what that would be. It is a warm, inviting and "close to the skin" scent. I'd probably wear this more in the spring/summer.

Wet this is very sweet musk and sugar, a bit sharp too. When first on this is sweet vanilla, musk and cream with that hint of sharpness. After a few mintues it softens and a honey undertone develops. This doesn't change much more on me. This is a really pretty and sexy sugar, honey and musk blend. Very nice but I prefer Glowing Vulva to this one.

This scent is steadily growing on me, I like it more every time I wear it. I sort of liked it from the start, though somehow I felt that it lacked depth and I couldn't detect the muck at all. I think skin musk needs to age a bit to suit me, as I've noticed a similar reaction to other scent with skin musk. It also, definitely, evoked sex to me, as it did to my boyfriend- who liked it a LOT more than I did in the beginning. I ordered it the same day it arrived and having aged it a few months have made it a scent with more body. I can smell the beeswax very strongly at first, and then the musk, honey and sugare cane. It's a very sexy scent and I don't use it for work. Not because of the name, but because it's a scent for just two, for me. My only complaint is that it fades very, very quickly.

I didn't get a bottle of this because I was afraid of the sugar cane - with good reason, it turns out. It starts out as a nice musky honey sweetness - I'm surprised the copal didn't overtake it, but it behaved itself nicely. But after about 30-40 minutes, I guess, it goes a little sour. Not AS sour as sugar is wont to do on my skin, but it's still pretty much unwearable. *sad*

frimped a drop of this I had been putting it off because my budget does not need another love of an LE...

This isn't outstanding to me (a good thing) I get mostly a light floral and honey, honey always tends to amp up alot on my skin .. and become quick overbearing at times unless done right, this is one of those "done right" blends but its not screaming "buy me buy me!!" (thank goodness!)

Bottle: Vanilla...flower? Hmmm....

Wet: Woah! Not what I was expecting at all! Vanilla and copal. Bam. That's it. Reeealllly nice. Wow. There's almost a slightly citrus quality to this.

Dry: As this dries it becomes muskier. I'm not detecting any waxiness or honey. After about an hour I'm left with a sweet, gentle vanilla musk scent.

Verdict: I'm really glad I purchased a bottle of this. Giant Vulva is something I could wear all year 'round. It's a nice "every day" scent, good for the office...close to the skin, quiet and pretty. I was really afraid of the beeswax note (which usually grosses me out) but fortunatly it's not showing up on my skin at all.

A winner! :joy:

The notes in this one were impossible for me to pick out. Initially, this smells of generic perfume, but after a couple of minutes, there's a hint of greeness that develops, and that's really nice. I don't know if I need a whole bottle of this one, maybe just a partial.

For days I've been thinking if I should order this or not, something was telling me that this will be so wrong for me and in the end, I was right. I had a chance to try it from my friend, it was great for one hour, vanila, honey, musk, very close to skin kind of scent. And then it all went sour, nothing else. Not for my skin chemistry, but beautiful! It reminded me of O, it had similar effect on me. :)

Edited by milica

In bottle: Balsam? Caramel and light, fragrant woods

On me: Hmm, very nice. A creamy, sweetly spicy, lightly woody scent. I feel like a classy lady.

On me, drying: Still pretty much as described above. It has such a lovely smooth creaminess to it. This is quite an intimate scent. Very lovely!

On me, dry: Hmm, not quite as nice. Seems to be acquiring a bit of sharpness/sourness. Not overwhelmingly bad, but still a bit of a bummer.

Later: Now it just smells kind of generic, alas.

Verdict: Giant Vulva joins the ranks of Envy, Calliope and Aizen-Myoo as a scent that smells fantastic upon first application but then dwindles to something kinda disappointing. Definitely one to try, though, and I’m keeping my imp.

First impressions...ay? this is citrussy? What the hell is that? Kind of a creamy citrus. I need to give this a minute on the skin.

Ok still getting a strong fruity vibe from this. Almost like when you've eaten an orange and you can smell it on your fingers afterwards.

Then...whoa this thing erupts into a blend of beatuy once it's had 5 minutes on the skin. It's got a hell of a throw on it too. There's still that orange peel/fruity element but now it's joined by honey & beeswax amongst other things. it's really feminine and fresh and LOUD!

I can't smell vanilla flower yet but I'll give it more time. At the moment though this is gorgeous and very different from alot of other blends.

At times, the honey in this reminds me of the honey in Crawdad Dream. But only at certain wafts.

Drier still, the orange peel vibe just won't back down. I'd really like to know what's doing this?

When it's dry it's get's slightly creamier and vanilla makes an appearance, but still orangey mostly. Such a beautiful blend but not what I was expecting at all.

Bottle: Smells like Xiuchetautl--very clean, slightly "creamy" resin, slightly lemony. A hint of very natural, fresh bugspray (that sounds bad, but its not…I just don't know how to better explain it). I imagine its the copal that they have in common...

Wet: More honey now. Honey and a slight "funk" that is, yes, vulva-ish. Along with that clean fresh (recently douched??) watery xiuchetuatl scent.

Drying: Is that a slight spice coming out? Honeyed clean resin/floral, slightly lemony and a wee bit of spiciness feel. There is a green floral-ness to this, too. Its very fresh and very vaginal at the same time. :blink: Smells like clean 'ginas!

Dry: Luckily, when this fully dries, the slight 'gina funk is gone. I'm left with a clean, fresh skin scent, very feminine--slightly floral, musky and sweet, and still very reminicient of xiuchetl (however its spelled). This is a very wearable perfume.

Overall: Not sure if I'll keep this one or not. It turns out very nice, but also isn't something that I consider oh-my-god-amazing-must wear. I'll give it a few more goes and see how I feel. I also want to do a side by side of this with xiuch.

ETA: did a side by side with xiuch--GV is a little less strong and "bright" (fewer of the almost citrus and clean tones), but feels very much like a gentler xiuch base with a dose of honey. Remarkably similar on me, and so much so, that I'm content keeping my imp of xiuch around and passing the GV onto more loving pastures.

Edited by jewelbug

In the vial it's a pleasant light sweet floral with a citrus overtone. Unfortunately on my skin it soon turns into a cloying sweet sticky sugary mess, kind of plastic with fake vanilla layered with cheap knockoff designer perfume.

:huh?:

Sometimes I hate my skin chemistry.