Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Spork

Happiness

I need some happy scents! Not that the ones I have aren't happy...just that I need some super powered happiness ones, any recommendations?

Here are mine for that. Ymmv. Though I defy you to try and be morose while wearing Persephone. It just doesn't compute. :)

(Also, as an aside, you should actually try to physically smile even if you don't want to. It has been proven that this will improve your mood, and it's easy and free.)

Aglaea - happy and sweet.

Persephone - happy, smiling, without guile.

Has No Hanna - happy, light.

Mag Mell - joy, calm/peace.

Sunflower - sunny, light, innocent, joy.

And also possibly-

Yggdrasil - though this is more radiance/confidence for me, not exactly just happiness per se.

Death & Life Completed or Manhattan - confidence (esp in a work situation), not exactly just happiness.

It really depends on body chemistry because what works for sqwook sure doesn't work for me. So I guess get lots of ideas and then check the ingredients for what you like.

51 - I'm not sure why this always makes me smile, maybe the mystery and lightness

Swank - effervescently bubbly (at least on me)

It really depends on body chemistry because what works for sqwook sure doesn't work for me.

*LOL* Yeah, I know what you mean - I feel that way a lot of the time when I read people's recs. And actually, of those listed, Aglaea & Has No Hanna don't really even work for me, either, scentwise; it's just that they seem pretty happy.

Thanks for the recommendations! Finding happy scents is my new goal, something has got to work, and haven't found a scent I didn't like yet so anything's helpful right now.

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo tends to make me a little bouncy, no matter what. :P

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo tends to make me a little bouncy, no matter what. :P

Me too! But only in an oil burner... on my skin, not so much with the Joy :lol:

Other glee-in-a-bottle candidates:

Fairy Wine

Mag Mell

Fairy Market

Hungry Ghost Moon

Lady Una

The East

Tanuki!

...lots of clean fruityness & wildflowers that make me want to :dance: barefoot...

For me it's also Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo that always makes me smile when I put it on.

Ironically, Xanthe, The Weeping Clown does that too :lol: But just in the initial stages, because it smells very similar to ACJM on my skin then- after a few minutes it goes bad, so I don't know about the drydown for others. It's LE, but you can still get it from the Lab atm.

ETA: I completely forgot about Bewitched (smells like a bush full of sweet wild berries on me) it lifts my spirits immediately upon application.

Edited by shadith

Jailbait! It's impossible not to smile when you're wearing a scent that has whiffs of bubblegum :D

My favorite happy/spirit-lifting scents:

Amsterdam (just so fresh and light)

Has No Hanna (it's supposed to be an uplifting scent, and it really works, very bright smelling if that makes sense)

Hermia and Pepper (I find pink pepper is a very cheerful note)

I have quite a few happy scents to suit different moods, though some are perhaps more comfortable than ecstatic joyfulness.

Dorian: My comfort scent. Warm vanilla and light creamy tea make me feel safe and warm. Maybe not bottled glee so much as cozy goodness.

Katrina Van Tassel: Something like Dorian. It's honey roses instead, but its a very happy scent. A GC like it is Alice

Lines Written Among the Eugenian Foothills: It's an LE and very wintery, but the mint and berries sparkle. It makes my day. I don't know of any GC quite like it.

Undertow: Again, it's that mint that gives me a bit of a lift.

Aziraphale: Light and woodsy, the smell of dusty old books and sunshine makes me smile.

Knave of Hearts: Omg spice cake! It's like being in a delicious bakery. I'm a child at heart, I still go nuts for sweets.

Edited by Dianora

There's something in Fruit Moon that lifts my spirits; even when I think I'm not in the mood to wear it, I put it on and end up happy.

Hungry Ghost Moon is the same way.

Also:

Sagittarius

Moxie

Tiki Queen

Blue Fire

Tarot: The Sun

Jasmine Cottage

Garden Path with Chickens

El Dia de Reyes

I find Namaste is a good happy scent. It doesn't project giddiness or hysterical happiness but there's a quiet, calm contentment to it. I like wearing it when I know I'm going to be in a difficult situation and I have to keep myself a bit centred. Appropriately, it's a very zen sort of happy scent.

Schrodinger's Cat is a silly, bouncy, bright citrus on my skin. It also helps that I'm a helpless nerd so I find it extra hilarious.

And Moxie from the Panacea is designed to brighten the mood. It's a sweet, candied citrus. Very bubbly and fun.

Aizen-Myoo! Super bright and sparkling yuzu (citrus), a strong energizing cup of black tea, and soft, sweet and cheerful cherry blossoms. Epitomizes springtime and exuberance for me.

Xanthe. You have to ignore the name...

I woke up feeling really grumpy and reached for the first untested imp in my box. It was Xanthe, and I've smiled all the way through 2 difficult customers already! I just keep sniffing my wrists. :P

I find it an energizing happy. :lol:

Schrödingers Cat is a very bright and actually "sweet" scent,

without smelling sweet...:D

My ultimate smile and happy scent is ( and always will be )

Hunter Moon 2004.

Its almost imposible to come by,

but when I put it on I always feel free and wild and want to show my fangs... :werewolf:

Ready for a hunt, I´d say...

Also Mi-Go Brain Canister is a wonderful fruit-musk happy combination,

buts its also an rare LE from 2004 ( or 05 ?? )

My personal comforter is Antique Lace,

its very calm, vanilla-ish and soft.. it gives me excellent sleep..:)

*sigh*

Me loves me some happy BPAL..

I just tested Symmakhia, and it's one of the happiest scents I've come across in a long time. I'm going to be getting several bottles.

In aromatherapy, I think anything citrus or Jasmine is supposed to be uplifting/energizing/happy. So, if either of those notes works on your skin, you might give scents that have them a try.

Personally, I'd say--

Shanghai: light, bright citrus, that reminds me of summer.

the Unicorn: it's more peaceful and uplifting, but still really nice.

Akuma: this might just be personal, but it smells like candy-- mostly Sweet Tarts-- and it just makes me smile.

the Hesperides: creamy, warm apple.

Absinthe: smells like anise milk, which I find really comforting and happy.

I think I'm going to have to go try some of the other suggestions myself, now. ^_^

Let me tell you, I'm in an awful mood right now....and sad....very very sad and disappointed.

I'm wearing Fruit Moon right now becasue it reminds me of summertime and is just bright, sunny and cheerful. It's not completley taking away the sadness but it sure does help :)