Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

413 U.S. 15 / Miller Vs. California

Leather, cognac, fig, ripe berry, and cream, stuffed into a plain brown paper bag.

Like everyone else, the notes sounded amazing, so I blind-bottled. I guess the cognac goes pungent on my skin, and while it's not vinegary, it goes kinda piney and overly sweet. Like, overripe fruit. I'll let this age for a bit and see if it gets any better.

2018 version.

I didn't order this with my initial Luper decant order, which has not arrived yet, but I wished I had. So I snagged it when I saw leftovers from a circle. (I should really learn to just get all the decants I want and once and save on shipping...)

Wet: Something very green. I think the fig, it's like unripe, green fruit. Interesting. It reminds me of something, but I couldn't tell you what. This kind of confounds me. I can't pick out any of the listed notes clearly. MAYBE some tart berry? I just keep thinking "green" when I smell it. It's totally pleasant. Just...weird.

Dry: Much the same. I wonder if that's maybe the cognac I am smelling? It's almost-but-not-quite effervescent. Still smells green to me. It's interesting, but I have many perfumes I love much more, so I will let this little partial go to a home where it will get more love.

2018:

Very fruity, creamy, and sweet. Pretty linear throughout wear. I get no leather at all but instead get an almost... smokey, incense note from something. I like this a lot, but the incense is not agreeing with my nose and makes me sneeze every few minutes (this has been happening for hours at this point, hah!). Sadly, I might have to pass this on. Boo!

Source: Lab buy - 2018 version.

So first sniff I felt like I'd SMELLED THIS BEFORE I KNOW THIS SCENT. It took me a bit, but this is 100% scent-memory-style for the Atomic Luau line and Velvet Pink Kitty. It's not, by any stretch, those scents exactly. But it has the same kind of boozy fruity vibe I'm always fighting to find. i did NOT expect to find it here.

Velvet Pink Kitty, in my brain (it's been so long since I've smelled it) smells exactly like this. Something about the fruit, cognac, and brown bag give it just the right level of fuzzy happy booze. That said I'm usually afraid of Fig (goes gloopy sweet) and I expected a lot more leather. Neither of those are doing a whole lot on me in this blend right now.

This is a looove of mine now...

Edited by Aveya

yesterday i opened one of my BPAL boxes and reached for something but... apparently i grabbed the bottle beside it instead of the one i meant to pick up. i was getting dressed in a hurry to go run errands so didn't think too much of it.

anyhow, i got into the box again today to try and figure out what i wore, and picked this up and put it on again - that's what i wore yesterday.

and after a couple hours i figured out what it reminded me of, so i got that bottle out and sprayed some on my other wrist. so i have this on my left, and a different scent on my right. and while they're not 100% identical, they're darn close.

so. for any fans of Electric Youth, this might be a good substitute.

eta: this is the newer version. i have both but the one i have on right now is the new one.

Edited by TrailerTrashPrincess

2009 413 U.S. 15, and it has aged beautifully. Berry is a troublesome note for me, but it stays realistic and subdued here. Warm fig, soft leather, cognac -- these are the main notes on me, and they are lovely. And Beth is a genius -- I can actually smell paper bag, enveloping it all. The fruit makes this a summer, daytime scent on me, lighthearted, but those sexy notes of leather and cognac are underlying it as well. I have not tried the 2018 incarnation, but I suspect it will only get better if 2009 is anything to go on.

I get a tart berry and fig note as soon as this is applied, with the brown paper bag note in the background. Then the cream emerges, followed by a light leather. The fig ends up overtaking the berry note, and after that, it remains the dominant note throughout wear, backed by some cream and brown paper, with hints of the berry and leather in the background, plus a dash of cognac adding a zing to the scent.

I couldn't see myself reaching for this, as I rarely enjoy scents in which fig are a main player, but I am glad I got to try this. It was neat to smell the brown paper bag note!