Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

White Chocolate and Strawberry

White chocolate and strawberry.

Tried this at will call, and it's really pretty. Wet and after drying, it smells literally like white chocolate and strawberries, and it's decently balanced between the two, neither was overpowering the other. It was like a sugar rush on my hand, and I had just eaten some delectable strawberries covered in a nice thin coat of white chocolate, enough to taste, but not overpower.

I would recommend this scent for a night alone with a nice bottle of wine, sit up in a nice chair, and sink in the richness.

Or, rather, for you men out there, for your lady. Trust me, this will be far cheaper than getting actually white chocolate covered strawberries. Dab some on her, and let the night go from there. ^_~

Also, it lasts! It's been on for 4 hours, and while it's faded a bit, I can definetly still tell it's there.

Disclaimer: I have a terrible head cold, but I have been waiting for reviews for the box of chocolates myself and thought any review in a storm, eh?

In the bottle: Strawberry bubble gum- tons of sugar and a little bit of tang.

On my skin: Pretty consistent- the strawberry tang has more staying power than in Beaver Moon 07, where the berry seemed to dissapear all too soon. This may be because unlike BM, White Chocolate and Strawberry does not have a cream note to beat up those poor innocent berries.

Verdict: So far the box of chocolates seems to be pretty straightforward, and promises to be awesome for layering. I cannot wait to wear this in the spring.

Wet: Zomg SWEET. This smells like.. well, strawberries. Covered in sugar. With a hint of cream, maybe?

Dry: I can smell the white chocolate now. The blend is still very, very sweet on me. :eek:

I think those who enjoy scents like Candy Phoenix and Beaver Moon will enjoy this.

On a scale of 1-5, I'd give this a 3.5.

Omnomnom!

oh! I was not expecting this to be so spot-on, since other strawberry scents have failed miserably on my skin - but wet on my skin, this guy is precisely white chocolate and strawberry! I love it! I really hope it holds up on they drydown, because if it does, I will want to marry this scent. GOOD LOARD.

Dry: aww, the strawberry has turned slightly, the way it does on my skin, to a slightly plasticky scent. It's not as dramatic as it has been in some blends, and I only smell it that way if I sniff my wrist directly. However! It's still very good, and I am totally willing to wear this in my hair or in a scent locket to make it stay perfect.

If this scent sounds appealing to you, you should probably get some - it's truth in advertising, for sure. :)

This is such an amazing scent that I am constantly blown away whenever I get a whiff of it. Its like the best richest White Chocolate out there, on the ripest, freshest strawberry. SOOO true to what they say it is its unbelievable.

NEED MORE!

Hello lovely, realistic strawberry!

So far the white chocolate scents baffle me: WC & Sugared Violets gives me straight up violet. Faith cloned. But this WC Strawberry gives me all strawberry and no chocolate!

Okay, if I put my wrist right to my nose I get a tiny whiff of cream, which I assume is the WC. Maybe as it ages I'll get more of this note?

Whatever happens, the strawberry is a true note and I'm very pleased with that!

This is another winner. If you like strawberry scents, you cannot pass this up. It smells exactly like fresh strawberry preserves, with a sweet, creamy note. Unlike White Chocolate and Coconut, this has no cocoa quality. It's straight sugary, milky cocoa butter.

Once dry, there seems to be a tarter, drier edge to the strawberry that makes it a little better balanced and a little more like a perfume. It's lovely and very wearable, kind of in the same family as Fruit of Paradise. I don't find it nearly as sweet and foody as, say, Beaver Moon.

Sniffing the bottle, this is creamy strawberry. So yummy smelling. :drool:

After applying to skin, it starts out mostly like vanilla and strawberry, but as it dries on my skin, I begin to smell the white chocolate note. If you're like me and love the creamy, fruity scents, this one's for you. :)

This smells more like real strawberries and i'm getting more strawberry from this than i ever did from strawberry moon. Also a good locket scent since i found that the lab's strawberry tends to morph on my skin. As it was drying it stayed strawberry and the chocolate did come out. It smelled very yummy overall. The drydown later went a bit ashy/plastic on my skin...just a tad or a hint of it. Overall I'd still get another bottle of it though.

I was very skeptical about trying this one because I didn't like Strawberry Moon and any other strawberry note is usually too gritty, fakey pink for me, if that makes sense. I never expected to love this one as much as I do.

First sniff from the vial - Mmmmm, there's that same soft and sweet white chocolate note I get from the white choc.,marshmallow & coconut one but with whiffs of REAL strawberries, not fakey cavity-inducing ones!

Wet on my skin: my nose is just naturally drawn to the spot on my skin where I applied this. This is soo intoxicating. It's not overly rich at all. Just pure delicious, milky white chocolate with a perfect dose of ripe, sweet strawberries.

Drydown: This is freshly made strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream and little juicy strawberries. This is NOT to be associated with the kiddy strawberry shortcake doll. Nothing fake about this lovely at all!

Verdict: Let us eat cake! :yum:

I've really been wanint a nice strawberry scent that doesn't turn to scented plastic on me, so maybe this will be the one!

imp-> Smells exactly like it's name. Juice strawberries dipped in white chocolate.

wet-> Luscious full bodied strawberries. The chocolate fades as as it dries the strawberry is taking on a slight sharp, sour note.

after a while-> The white chocolate makes a slight come-back, but as cold chocolate opposed to warm melted chocolate. The strawberry is almost completely gone and it's slightly plasticy on me. *sigh* I guess it's just not meant to be...

This is delicious, its like eating chocolate covered strawberries or maybe strawberry truffles from See's Candy all day without all of those awful calories. To me, it it kind of wavers between milk and white chocolate, initially more milk, but as time is going on I'm starting to smell white. The strawberry is perfect, its not too syrupy and overpowering. Overall, yum ^_^.

This smells like strawberry milk to my nose. It's a very pink, very sweet, very creamy scent. I'm not getting any white chocolate from this blend, it's more of a smooth, cream or milk smell. I'm pleased that this hasn't morphed into something fake or plasticy smelling. A bottle purchase for sure, I can see myself wearing this quite a bit in the summer time.

In the bottle, this smells like real, fresh, slightly tart strawberries and a hint of cream.

I was expecting this to be sickly sweet, candied strawberry on me, but it actually smells fresh and tart, like real strawberries. The white chocolate is like a tiny bit of smooth cream at the strawberry's edges.

I'm shocked that this scent never turns on me. The strawberry stays true and doesn't morph into a candied mess, and the white chocolate is like a wonderful, soft cream that never overpowers the berry. The tart aspects keep it from smelling like strawberry cream saver candies on me, thankfully.

My only complaint about this one is that it's incredibly light on me. Still, it's wonderful enough that I don't mind reapplying. I really love a good strawberries & cream scent, because they smell so girly, innocent, and playful to me.

If anyone has ever tried Skindazzles' Strawberry Milksage scent (which was awesome and is now discontinued, much to my annoyance), this has that fresh strawberry milkshake type of quality, minus the sage, obviously.

I'm going to add a couple more bottles of White Chocolate and Strawberry into my next order :wub:

Edited by Little Bird

In the bottle: Exactly what the label says -- White chocolate and strawberry, though the white chocolate is a little bit stronger than the strawberry. It's not chocolate-dipped strawberries, it's strawberry-dipped chocolate.

On, wet: Again, strawberries and white chocolate, but with a nice, creamy background.

On, dry: The strawberry is almost gone, but the white chocolate remains. I'm kind of saddened by how quickly the strawberry disappeared, and I can't decide if I'll keep this one for good -- maybe one more sample to see if the strawberry is really so fleeting.

This one is really a strawberry covered in chocolate :yum:

At the beginning the strawberry is very fresh, but as it dries it gets that creamy/milkshake quality that others have described.

It dried to something like a chocolate covered strawberry creme. I swear, when I was a kid, there used to be a candy in Peru that was this strawberry flavored cream on top of a chocolate wafer, covered in chocolate. It was great and I could never eat just one.

I detect a faint trace of plastic in the blend (strawberry has that notoriously bad tendency to do that.... I'm looking at you Strawberry Moon) but really negligible.

What isn't is the insane cravings I got from this blend. I'm torn between keeping the decant, getting rid of the decant and getting a bottle, or getting rid of the decant in order to preserve my waistline!

Edited by zankoku_zen

This one scared me straight out of the decant, because it was the most screeching awful burnt-plastic smell I have yet to encounter in BPALdom. BAD. Within about 10 minutes it morphed (thank goodness!) into a very nice, creamy strawberry chocolate. I'm not really getting a *white* chocolate vibe, but it's chocolatey. It reminds me of those strawberry marshmallow cream chocolate eggs at Easter. That initial plastic stage is terrifying but the end result is awesome.

This is lots and lots of fresh strawberry with a touch of creamy white chocolate. It doesn't last long on my skin, like the other chocolate blends I have tried, but its delicious while its there! :yum:

This is beautiful in the imp AND on! It's a light candied strawberry with a just a light whiff of white chocolate. Fairly true to concept but not heavy. I can't stop sniffing myself.

I am loving this one to death!

Wet: Strawberries (real live strawberries) and creamy white chocolate. It really does smell different from milk or dark chocolate scents.

Dry and going for 6 hours: The strawberry stays true and the white chocolate becomes slightly creamier. This is utterly delightful, and on my skin it isn't fading.

I don't know how Beth does it. But I'm so glad she does! :wub2:

I am soo pleasantly surprised by this one. I don't like White Chocolate at all, so I was hesitant.

On, this is a creamy, sllightly sweet and tart strawberry with just hints of white chocolate in the background.

My husband hates chocolate scents and for him to sniff this and say it smells delicious, just means that White chocolate and strawberry is bottle worthy. There truly is a difference between the scent of white, dark and milk chocolate.

In my mouth, I do not want white chocolate. Send me milk chocolate or even dark chocolate every time. White chocolate is death to my tongue.

On my skin? Not the same. This smelled like sweetened cream on my skin. The strawberries were tart and fresh smelling. Together on my skin after a while this was very, very sweet and fruity. My husband thinks it may be a little too sweet, but I find myself raising my wrist to sniff at this frequently. I'm a little afraid that I smell like a brand-new Strawberry Shortcake doll, but I may be able to live with that risk. ;)

in the bottle and wet it`s tart strawberries that quickly turn to white chocolate coating and it lasts for long hours :love!:

I can`t add nothing else to it, it`s white chocolate sweet strwberries and it`s very good!

This has got to be the most amazingly true Strawberry scent I've ever smelled in my life. Not fake. Not overly sweet. It's just...well, perfect. That, combined with equally as delcious White Chocolate make this one luscious little scent! A winner indeed.

In imp: rather odd, very faint, can't really describe it.

Wet on skin: whee, strawberry! and real, peak of ripeness strawberry, none of that plastic stuff here! Mmmmm.

Dry: wow, so far, my favorite! Sweet strawberry and a very light covering of chocolate, everyone at work kept coming by and smelling me, don't wear this unless you want some serious attention ;).