Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Oils to relax, calm, soothe, restore your sanity...

I love the Voodoo Blends and High John, Van Van and Water of Notre Damn... When I need a perk me up Jester always helps me feel a bit more bouncy. When I wear the Anthema you and I traded for I feel more together and stern. Like "I will take no trash today people" but in a good way...

But if I remember you didn't like most of these scents. Lol!!! You and I have completely different tastes in smell goods!

I love the Voodoo Blends and High John, Van Van and Water of Notre Damn... When I need a perk me up Jester always helps me feel a bit more bouncy. When I wear the Anthema you and I traded for I feel more together and stern. Like "I will take no trash today people" but in a good way...

But if I remember you didn't like most of these scents. Lol!!! You and I have completely different tastes in smell goods!

I like Water of Notre Dame and I just got Van Van, but haven't tried it yet. I'm going thru a Voodoo blend and Tarot blend binge. So far, I'm finding most of the Tarot oils are very light and herbaly. I think I'll wear Wolf's Heart tomorrow...........as the shit at work just keeps getting deeper and deeper!!! Ugh....is the end in sight soon? Come on Venus........let's get over our retrograde period!

Our tastes aren't all that different. I like a wide variety of scents. True, I don't like a note in High John and I couldn't get past the vetiver in Anathema, but I like Jester a lot. There's only a handful of Beth's scent that I don't love.

By the way, got my Lightning (swap) today!! Love this one! Thanks

i often wear water of notre dame to work, b/c i get stressed, and i work with lots of patients who are stressed... it's vert soothing. and dana o'shee and alice are "homey" comfort, also.

I've been dealing with a lot of pressure at work, and I would really like to wear something that might help diffuse tense situations without putting me to sleep.

Which are your favorite chill-the-fuck-out blends?

Dana O'shee and Dragon's Milk are really soothing to me. Old Morocco also has a smooth, soothing feel. I wear Dana O'shee to help calm my nerves before I go to sleep, or if I think I may become irate at work.

I have the same problem with work. Basically, I find anything I really love, like the cinnamon blends, especially my cinnamon Chaos Theory, Eclipse, Chimera, etc. Dana Oshee is extremely comforting, as is Sudha Segara. Voodoo blends Joy Mojo and Water of Notre Dame are the best for a fucked up working environment, as well as Crucible of Courage. Sometimes I wear Crucible of Courage and Water of Notre Dame.

Good luck with your job and if you have any words of wisdom for a fellow BPALer, please feel free to advise me!! I can't deal with the pressure of my job and the assholes in my department! Sorry, don't mean to sound like a bitch, but I've never been treated so shitty from a group of RN's who think the are Queen Shit!

I'm done now.....sorry for the brief hijack and vent :P

Hello glampyre, what your going thru that is so not right, my soothing scents are at the moments anyways are,marie and le serpent qui danse i highly reccomend those two scent,no their not going to put you to sleep, you will have this awesome feeling, i hope everything works out for you on your job. :P

My "calm down" scents are:

-Water of Notre Dame

-Dana O'Shee

-Bliss

-Arcana

-Oneiroi

Edited by summer

strangely enough- "Scarecrow" really sorts out my mind when I'm freaked. I think it has something to do with the grassy...calm smell it provides. Very nice. I put it on my brass lightbulb fragrance ring...read some Wilde...and chill. :P

-Jen

Thank you - thank you - thank you!

I really appreciate your responses.

I think that any little thing I can do tip the power balance in my favor will help. That's what I love so much about BPAL, it's just for ME.

another vote for Dragon's Milk (I can never live without this scent ever again!), Dana O' Shee and Oneiroi. :P

Bliss and The Hesperides never fail to calm me down -- Bliss shoots immediate scent pleasure straight to my brain, and The Hesperides is what I usually wear to bed after a long day. For some reason, they're both so very soothing to me.

I find Snow White, Sudha Segara, and The Hesperides to be very calming and soothing. I particularly like the first two for bedtime. Nine Mysteries, I must say, makes the BEST soothing bath. I dumped half an imp of it into the tub and could not easily make myself get out. I need more for bathtime and eagerly awaite the day when I can buy a big bottle of it. I'm dying to make Nine Mysteries bath salts. I also have a custom blend from Dragonfly Blue that puts me in my happy spot for sleep. It's delish.

I've been dealing with a lot of pressure at work, and I would really like to wear something that might help diffuse tense situations without putting me to sleep.

Which are your favorite chill-the-fuck-out blends?

My 'chill the f**k out blends' are in the 'Voodoo' blends section:

- GOONA GOONA

- HIGH JOHN the CONQUEROR

- WATER of NOTRE DAME

- AUNT CAROLINE'S JOY MOJO

If not, then SNAKE OIL, O, or the sweeter, more soothing 'foody' scents may be worth a go.

:P

-Leslie

For chilling out and calming down, I'd recommend Tiger Lily, lilies are calming and soothing, at least to me. And sandalwood scents like Tushnamatay soothe and help to defuse emotions.

I know that when I was going through hurricane Charley I wore a scent locket with Chimera in it..it was very soothing.

Amber scents help to calm and 'ground' you too..while helping you stay present.

I can attest that anything with lots of lavender in it should do the trick. I have a bag of French lavender that I dive for whenever I'm having trouble sleeping or the beginnings of one of my pseudo-migraines, and it calms me down nicely.

As for BPAL scents, I haven't tried any with lavender in them, so I can't recommend any, but of the ones I've tried, Jezebel, Gluttony, and Nyx all make me feel calm and happy, and Lightning and Moon Rose make me feel calm and cool and collected.

my chill out blends are snake oil, old athens & velvet. i find the heavier, non floral scents really comforting so they give me a big boost when i need one during those really bad days :P

Morella is mine. It's just so soothing... in the same way that the sound of a small creek is. I took the imp with me to a legal hearing to help keep me sane. :P

I hope your problems get worked out so you don't have to deal with so much stress!

I hope your problems get worked out so you don't have to deal with so much stress!

Thank you! It's just the general atmosphere here, some days are fine and then...BAM.

I never know when it's coming, I am just taken aback by a rude comment or attack. It can be long stretches in between where things are good, and I love my job...then a couple bad weeks.

So I'm looking for something to keep in my desk or in my bag for sanity emergencies.

I do really appreciate all of your suggestions, I even already have a few of the ones mentioned. I'm going to make a little box for my desk drawer and keep a few on hand!

glampyre, do you and I work in the same place? :D

I don't know if you have these, put I'll put a second in for Old Morocco and today I am wearing Old Cairo. I read that kyphi is supposed to be very relaxing, so I don't know if it's power of suggestion, but I am letting things just ride over me today, which hasn't happened in weeks.

Here's to much better times, hun and a weekend to look forward to... :P

Moon Rose is really excellent and so is UltraViolet. Mint smells usually do it for me, then rose of all things.

I hope that things get better for you.

:P