Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
reina

any ideas for positivity and confidence boosting scents for men?

I have a broken-hearted friend who went through a slightly Romeo and Juliet-esque story, the kind that make classic films. Obviously it's hugely painful if you're in that situation and not just watching a film. so it's been 18 months since and he still hasn't gotten over it. There's no way they'll ever get back, his family has said the final word - and that's it. Yikes.

Anyways, what notes or oils can give him a slight nudge in the direction of getting his happiness and positivity back? Whatever, if it's a purifying cleansing blend, or happiness booster... I think Van Van works wonders, but I'm not sure he'll take the smell. :P

Van Van (the general hoodoo version, not necessarily the BPAL version) is very commonly worn by men in New Orleans. High John the Conqueror would be another good choice, as would Wolf's Heart.

If you're interested in looking at Twilight Alchemy Lab scents, which have specific magical purposes, Lionheart, Master, and Wolf's Heart (TAL version) would all be good choices- especially Lionheart, in my opinion.

I can give you a small list of one's that I ( a guy ) find to be pretty empowering . Umbra , Czernobog , Troll , Villain , The Great He-Goat , Lucifer , Mort de Cesar , Wulric the Wolfman & Death Adder are all blends that make me feel better about myself . At the very least . Umbra , Lucifer , & Mort de Cesar are my power scents . I feel the need for back up , they are going on my skin .

Check the Excolo catagory for male gods that embody positivity - quite by accident, that's how I found Shango, my personal favourite for all-purpose confidence, charm, swagger and situations of an ass-kicking and name-taking nature. You could do the same with Illyria, and quite possibly hunt down some scents from other catagories with similar powerful attitudes.

Ogun and Baron Samedi are also favourites of mine, but I think it's important to choose scents that resonate with the person's personal tastes and feelings when going for moods - one works for one person, might not work for another, more so than when just going for 'a nice smell'.

Check the Excolo catagory for male gods that embody positivity - quite by accident, that's how I found Shango, my personal favourite for all-purpose confidence, charm, swagger and situations of an ass-kicking and name-taking nature. You could do the same with Illyria, and quite possibly hunt down some scents from other catagories with similar powerful attitudes.

Ogun and Baron Samedi are also favourites of mine, but I think it's important to choose scents that resonate with the person's personal tastes and feelings when going for moods - one works for one person, might not work for another, more so than when just going for 'a nice smell'.

Excellent post !

Sign in to follow this