Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

The Fainting Couch Atmosphere Spray

THE FAINTING COUCH
Lush velvet cushions and prim tea rose, a splash of rose water on a lace doily, strong black tea, a whiff of pomander, and an orris root sachet.

i can't seem to actually find anything for this item, which i got as a free sample goblin squirt from the Trading Post in a recent order- not a review thread, and not even a listing on the Trading Post site itself! so, if a thread already exists, my apologies.

i also hope that i *can* purchase some of this item, because it's beautiful.

in the bottle it smells very strongly of sweet, cloying florals. that all changes once it becomes airborne. it turns into a fine mist of rose. beautiful, red, red rose. it reminds me very much of the original release of Peacock Queen, actually. that same wonderful deep, real red, red rose. it's SO nice, so real- this isn't a rose perfume, it's like having a bouquet of 2 dozen fresh roses sitting near by in a gorgeous vase. :thud:

will this soon be released? is it listed someplace else? either way, i really hope i can get my hands on a larger size of this- soon!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

The Fainting Couch

I got a squirt of this in my Inquisition order. I love getting prototypes/unreleased scents. Anyway, in a nutshell, this smells of roses. Though this is different to the rose scent of Queen’s Croquet Garden. Whilst that one is a fresh, outdoorsy rose, this is more like dry rose petals, and a much more vintage rose scent. Very Victorian, there’s something aged and a little old fashioned (in a good way) about it. I think there’s also a little bit of violet, and maybe some orris, in there as well, something that adds a powdery and traditional scent to the rose. It reminds me of Madame Tracy, if I were to compare it with a scent in the GC. It reminds me of Lucy’s Kiss, or maybe London, but this is a more complex scent, there’s more than just rose in here even though that’s the dominant note. This is really gorgeous as a room scent. The distinguished and classy rose scent makes my room smell rather posh, even if it certainly doesn’t look it!

I have to say I am pleased with the squirtiness of the Goblin Squirts. They may be small but they spread the scent very well. The spray comes out as a fine mist as opposed to a concentrated stream of scent, which is perfect for a room spray which needs to diffuse well.

For me this is violet. Violet, violet, violet. After reading the other reviews, I can smell the rose, too, and maaaaybe something very light and herby, but violet is definitely what I get most of. I quite like it! I wouldn't have enjoyed it as a perfume, but as a room spray it's rather nice. It makes me think of a big, open room full of sunshine.

Definitely floral. Rose, yes, and just a little violet. It actually reminds me a lot of Hope and Faith without the sugar. I like it, my boys not so much.

Okay, so this one smells like an old fashioned rose perfume. The kind that Victorian ladies would have worn. It's elegant, and refined, and very traditional, in the best way possible.

This one is a very different scent from the Queen's Croquet Ground --- which was a full bloom rose with some green sap. This one is more like a rose, preserved, a little spicy, a little powdery. I think it might have violets as a component.

I got this from the Trading Post and was surprised to find that I landed myself an unreleased spray.

Sniffing the outside of it it smells just as all the others have described. A very aged rose.

Sprayed it still smells like an aged rose. If you took antique lace and replaced the faded vanilla with rose then you would have this spray. I dont smell any violet as some described but I do smell a faded something.

I prefer Rose Red sort of rose scents compared to The Fainting Couch but its still very good :yum:

My boy likes this scent and said it smells like "pretty pink petals covered in dew." I think that it smells rosy, but not like the fresh roses and green stems of The Queen's Croquet Ground. It smells like a fancy, classic rose perfume. It's not green or fresh at all, but has an overall perfumey, sharper quality. Something about it reminded me a bit of Peony Moon as well.

The Fainting Couch made my livingroom smell as though I had spilled an expensive rose perfume all over the place. Every time I relaxed, I'd catch the scent of it and absentmindedly wonder if I spilled perfume somewhere.

All in all, I much prefer the fresh roses of Croquet Ground.

Rich wet loam, spices. Maybe carnation? Certainly cinnamon. Maybe some rose. Maybe melon. Something herbal and a touch chalky. I think maybe dandelion. I wasn’t expecting to like it from all the rose focused reviews, but I did. It’s more interesting and complex than I expected.

Definitely rose, but a dusty rose scent. Very feminine and kind of subtle. Makes me think of Spring, but maybe I'm just projecting my disgust with winter at this point. ;)

I was so jealous of the others getting samples of this and I opened my latest BPTP order to find one inside! Woot! This is floral, but not strictly rose and definitely earthy/dusty-ish. Like a combination of an open window letting in a breeze of fresh air and wafting flowers' scents into an old parlor room of beautiful furniture, covered in white sheets to protect them from the dust. I would totally buy a bottle of this. The imagery alone that I created from this scent reminds me of my great aunt's home in Brittany. Ah....

I'm not sure what happened, but mine sample smells like astringent roses. Very much like rose scented rubbing alcohol. :(

I don't get roses from this, at least not the same kind that I have found in Helena or Peacock Queen. If they are there, they are drier, like roses pressed in an old book. What I do get is rosewood and I find this spray very reminiscent of Seance (or is it Ouija). I aboslutely love this and I was crushed to find out it is unreleased. If it ever is released I will definately have to get some more!

This is the most wonderful, soft floral. I find it very relaxing and put it on my bed linens. Now all I want to do is curl up for a nap and drift off to sleep smelling The Fainting Couch!

Very light and feminine.

I just recieved this and am so glad that I did! I love roses and was quite happy with The Queen's Croquet Ground, but this is definitely not the same. It's, as people have commented above, more of a perfume smell instead of a fresh, wet rose and very much reminiscent of a Victorian parlor.

Dark, burgundy, velvet rose petals and orris.
This evokes the image of rich, red, Victorian couch covered with a bit of dust and surrounded by dried flowers, roses and lace. It's elegant, pretty and somewhat somber. I love love love this scent.

Edited by Monster

Oh! There IS a review thread for this! Took me long enough to find it! :lol:

I got a goblin squirt of this a while back. The only thing that I can say about it is that it's all sweet pea and violet to my nose! I can smell the rose other people are getting as well, but it's not too strong or overpowering. Very pretty!

Edited by ForeverLastcXs

A good ol' fashioned classy red rose scent. I really like it! Not getting much in the way of violet or anything but rose, for that matter, but what I'm getting smells great. Good thing I have a small apartment, so this squirt's going to last for quite awhile :)

I sprayed some of those on my shirt tonight. :D

I keep getting whiffs and going -- HEY, that isn't Green Tree Viper!!! And then remembering. *facepalm*

Anyway. I am getting a lot of violet and some musk.

Very feminine soft floral. Wonderful! Until my boyfriend moves in with me I'm afraid my duvet will be smelling like this. He'll just have to deal with it when he visits me.

I love it and would buy a 4oz bottle if it was ever released.

straight sniff from squirting is roses and violets...

after a few moments roses, gardenia and violets...this is absolutely and gorgeously feminine

and seductive love... ;)

I'm getting a lot of roses and violets and a little something citrus from my squirt.

it's lovely, if I could handle smelling rose I'd buy a bottle of this.

I am usually not a fan of rose fragrances, even though I love the smell of rose bushes. Outside of my house, are four gorgeous rose bushes that produce huge, red, fragrant blooms that smell different from roses at a florist, and different from any rose notes I've smelled in any perfume.

The Fainting Couch smells like those roses, and I was beginning to think it was impossible. I would definitely buy a bottle if it were to be released.

This is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. To me, it's like a soft, pink rose petal scent. Fresh and sweet and classic...wow...I think this could be the most gorgeous roomspray I have tried yet. *I* want to smell like this! Maybe some violet in there too.

One spritz of this, and the room is classy. Like an expensive, fancy, bed and breakfast. A bit old fashioned, but with a classic beauty and delicacy.

Mmm, yes, very very rosy and rich! This isn't green fresh rose like The Queen's Croquet Ground but heavier and lusher. Very pretty.

Origin: Sample in my latest Trading Post purchase.

Initial Thoughts: I'm not one for using room sprays; I'd rather toss a tart into a burner than go around spraying. But if I were to get a room spray, this would probably be the one.

In the Bottle: Hard to tell with the unopenable Squirt, but I get florals from the nozzle.

Sprayed: A great whacking blast of floral, with linen underneath to give a dusty impression and just a trace of tea. It most definitely smells like a Victorian parlor.

Verdict: Hmm. I may have to think up ways to use a room spray now.