Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Goblin of Yuletide Yet To Come Atmospheric Spray

Frankincense, myrrh, styrax, oakmoss and clove.

The perfect frankincense and myrrh scent! All of the loveliness of those symbolic resins with none of the mess or smoke you get from burning the resins or incense. The styrax lends a bit of creaminess, which I like because I find frankincense a bit sharp - and the oakmoss and clove make it a bit spicier than it would be on its own. I don't find it nearly as "dark" as the perfume that accompanied it (in my case, Scattered Gloom) - it's a beautiful holiday scent but would be lovely as a sophisticated home scent any time of year.

This one wasn't what I expected at all. Maybe my nose was off or something.

At first it smelled like nothing. Maybe a little bit of a hairspray sort of scent.

And then it continued to not smell like anything.

My lovely spouse likes it and thinks it is very clean smelling. But I can't really smell it at all.

Luckily for me, I got it to give as a gift!

This is my first order from BPTP. I am loving this spray - it is perfect for the season. It goes well with Scattered Gloom. I am not sure what I am so crazy about - the clove, oak moss or the frankincence.

Edited by Jayal

I love the atmosphere sprays, and this one is a new favorite for me :P

I really love the clove in this. It adds a spiciness that seems to lift up the whole blend. The resins are smooth, a touch sweet, and exotic smelling, and the oakmoss adds a dry, papery sort of woodiness that's gorgeous. On my linens, this reminds me of LUSH's Tramp & Blue Skies fragrances. My boy said it smells like, "Potpourri, cedar, wood, and maybe patchouli. Definitely wood." The clove's touch of sweetness and spiciness really keeps this from being too dark for me.

I think that I'm going to be using this scent quite often.

I try about any incense scent I can get my hands on. THIS one is the one I have been looking for. This is The Incense Shop.

No. that isn't quite it...

This is shopping for incense and resins at an outdoor booth like at a Renn Faire or an SCA event.

I can't really say any more.

~edit~ Or maybe I can say more. If I can find a perfume with the same notes of just frankincense, myrrh, styrax, oakmoss and clove, I am buying gallons of it. This is my favorite incense smell. It lingers, and does not change. It is lovely.

Edited by Aerinha

Goblin of Yuletide Yet to Come

:love!:

This is probably my favourite room spray of the series (haven’t tried Past yet though) and it may possibly be my favourite of all the BPTP sprays I’ve tried! It smells just like incense, real resinous frankincense and myrrh, like I’ve been burning the stuff inside my house. No, it smells even better than that because there's nothing charred to it at all. It smells just like the way frank and myrrh incense does when it’s burnt properly, and the smoke lingering in the air. I don’t smell much love, and I’m not familiar with styrax but I think it’s like benzoin? If so that explains why it’s slightly sweet. There’s something outdoorsy to it, it’s a cool incense, I think that’s the gentle powdery-green oak moss that conveys this feeling. When I smell this, I get a visual of incense drifting out of an ancient church on a winter’s day. The air is crisp and chilly with frost, and all is silent. The incense scent is inviting and calming and hints at promises of warmth, luring me indoors, to come out of the cold. This scent is beautiful, meditative, and soothing. It’s also perfect for use in my campus flat because incense is forbidden there (fire regulations!) and I can now make my room smell like incense without burning anything! I really hope there are more incense/resin scents in the works for future (GC) room sprays because this is such a wonderful scent and I am using it so much, I know I’ll run out of it fast!

Edited by yeahbutnobut

I just get a faint hint of clove and a teeny bit of resins. Maybe my sniffer is broken today? I've sprayed quite a few times, it smells great but hardly lasts.

While writing my review for Thousand Pillar I realized I'd never written reviews for these Inquisition sprays, and that is just wrong because I love them so.

Yet to Come is my atmo crack. I LOVELOVELOVE the smell of this one. It is Midnight Mass in spray form. Beautiful resins, with just a touch of added sweetness, and spice from the clove. But mostly the woody resin of frank and myrrh. If you think this sounds like it will smell good you are right, because it is exactly what you would expect from these notes; it does not disappoint in any way. Gorgeous. I have two full-size bottles and at least one 1oz decant [maybe two of those] and I can only hope that will be enough because this is the one I always reach for.

Thank you Lab for making things for weird people like me to spray in my house that smell like resinous sex and not like flowers or dryer sheets. :wub2:

Surprisingly earthy - LOADS of delicious oakmoss. Frakincense and myrrh are just a light incense, not strong or heavy at all. Quite a bit of honey-resiny styrax. The clove is a soft, woody, balancing note - not spicy or sharp or cloying as it is in perfume on me. Still too 'headshoppy' for my tastes.

With my newfound love for resin scents, I'd been dying to try this and finally found someone selling a bottle on LJ. It was love at first spray! :wub2:

At first, it's very spicy and clove-y and reminds me of Christmas baking. But then the frankicense and myrrh pop their heads up and it turns into the smell of baking spicy Christmas cakes while incense is burning elsewhere in the house. I can smell a slight herbal/"green" note in the background which I'm thinking is probably the oakmoss.

Perfect for the holidays, but this will see year round use by me! Sparingly though, because I may never be able to get more!

Exactly as described. Frankincense and myrrh, resins sweetened just slightly. A great bedtime scent, and when sprayed on my pillow it leads me to sweet dreams. :wub2:

This..reminds me of Sunday morning and being (forcibly) dragged to church in winter. The wood reminds me of the pews, there is some cologne aspect to this which I always picture my father (perhaps the moss? he's an avid outdoors man and smells of the woods), the resin-y incense burning in front and even a slight slush smell that everybody dragged in on their shoes. I make it sound not so great, but I assure you it is perfect. Enjoying it for my festive yule tide feelings lately. Average staying power.

Frankincense, styrax and oakmoss. I get the oakmoss giving it a watery overlay, with the styrax adding a slight bitter and dark dimension to the smooth frankincense. It smells like a dark resinous incense.

I tested this one along with the '08 version. They have all the same notes, but, I wonder if they're formulated differently. They certainly smell different. 08's is almost overwhelming frankincense, with loads of oakmoss and styrax. The current atmo is a soft slightly smoky clove.

It could just be aging, some of the early reviews for '08 Yet to Come called the scent "faint". Resins and oakmoss are known for getting stronger with age too.

Edited by patina